996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

It's been awhile but decided to go on carsales to see how much 996's are and man.. there's been a party huh. Anyway a friend has started looking so i was staring at this one, but couldn't see it discussed in the earlier pages.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual-my03/SSE-AD-7091218/?Cr=6

Not cheap, but looks like a great example though. (IMS solution and all) 79k tho.. i would've thought this would be 65k but maybe that boat is long gone.

29 minutes ago, quasio said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual-my03/SSE-AD-7091218/?Cr=6

Not cheap, but looks like a great example though. (IMS solution and all) 79k tho.. i would've thought this would be 65k but maybe that boat is long gone.

Don't take asking prices as the sale prices mate. You could probably knock 10 grand off the asking which would be closer to what it would actually sell for

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Don't take asking prices as the sale prices mate. You could probably knock 10 grand off the asking which would be closer to what it would actually sell for

As @LeeM says some cars are over priced and would probably sell for a fair bit less but it’s refreshing to see people are finally waking up to how good of a car the 996 is.

This is a tough looking 996 Coupe. 

I realise a lot of peeps on here are not fans of black wheels, but it looks tough on this 911.  I am attracted to the idea of it being tucked away and looking loved in a garage amongst other toys. (Headlight treatment interesting)

A little gangster, but love it. 😎

Check out this 2003 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Manual MY03
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual-my03/SSE-AD-7202960

5 minutes ago, luzzo said:

I realise a lot of peeps on here are not fans of black wheels, but it looks tough on this 911.  I am attracted to the idea of it being tucked away and looking loved in a garage amongst other toys. (Headlight treatment interesting)

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual-my03/SSE-AD-7202960

Realistic price, there's also a silver one with that same headlight treatment advertised recently, don;t like it, would be first thing I removed.  Big no no for me on the black wheels too, but some like it as Luzzo says........

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

Manual 996.2 coupe with relatively low k’s, if there are no hidden surprises I’d say it won’t last long.

Remove headlight stickers, don’t mind the wheels.

10 hours ago, luzzo said:

It looks nice and I don’t mind the wheels at all although 150km’s in 3 years would be a bit strange in my book 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

how often do you guys think you’ve found the one!

But then there is something that’s a deal breaker .

For I’m struggling to get my head around it The interior color is like this, brown🤷‍♂️

If it was savannah I'd be cool but this pushes my comfort buttons a bit. 
could you do it? Am I being to picky?

the exterior is silver btw😊

35FDF48F-F9FA-40B7-A5A5-35BB1F7934CF.thumb.jpeg.d7d92dae902784ca38cc6f139bd9bd44.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Joz said:

Hi all, 

For I’m struggling to get my head around this interior color, brown🤷‍♂️

35FDF48F-F9FA-40B7-A5A5-35BB1F7934CF.thumb.jpeg.d7d92dae902784ca38cc6f139bd9bd44.jpeg

Frankly for me, the more unusual the better... I love the 996, but it was necessarily very 'cookie cutter' to survive the lean period of their production era.  The very standard silver/black, black/black combos brought here for sale in the early 2000s have become a bit boring to my eye.  Points of difference are what will help a car hold value in years to come.

38 minutes ago, Joz said:

Hi all, 

For I’m struggling to get my head around it The interior color is like this, brown🤷‍♂️

If it was savannah I'd be cool but this pushes my comfort buttons a bit. 

Probably better that than light grey though.....

That Savannah beige is usually the deal breaker for some people (including me). To me, all those interiors need, is to be broken up a bit with a black dash and door trims which can be done easily enough with some vinyl paint, as its just too busy and looks like an RM Williams catalogue

59 minutes ago, TINGY said:

So what's the go with the VIN, ZZZ on the car plate and a California delivery stamp with USA/Canada VIN in the book?

US delivery and right hand drive. I can’t make sense of it unless there was some kind of tourist delivery program run by Porsche at the time. 

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Probably better that than light grey though.....

Hilux grey...? ;)

1 hour ago, TINGY said:

So what's the go with the VIN, ZZZ on the car plate and a California delivery stamp with USA/Canada VIN in the book?

Interesting isn't it - the books are wrong for the VIN.  The plate, windscreen code and the fact it's RHD makes me think it's an Aussie car with the wrong books...  Homework to be done.  The 'rough idle' might just be coil packs, but it could also be something way more expensive.

26 minutes ago, Steve996 said:

US delivery and right hand drive. I can’t make sense of it unless there was some kind of tourist delivery program run by Porsche at the time. 

This car and or the Log books were up for sale last year at the same venue .