996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

Yeah I think it's a solid fishing trip - but it IS currently a unicorn.  The seller really should have offered up a better ad to promote the history, IMS (if it's done) and any extras. The only thing more scary than a really high mileage 996 is a really low mileage 996 :D

Strange times - only 5 months ago we were poo-pooing a $95k manual with IMS and sub-100k mileage as being far too expensive/ambitious.  A car like that would sell within a few hours now.  The CarSales black manual cab C4S for $79k is looking pretty good!

4 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Yeah I think it's a solid fishing trip - but it IS currently a unicorn.  The seller really should have offered up a better ad to promote the history, IMS (if it's done) and any extras. The only thing more scary than a really high mileage 996 is a really low mileage 996 :D

Strange times - only 5 months ago we were poo-pooing a $95k manual with IMS and sub-100k mileage as being far too expensive/ambitious.  A car like that would sell within a few hours now.  The CarSales black manual cab C4S for $79k is looking pretty good!

I was wondering when you were going to weigh in on this one .. 😅

Have to agree with the Unicorn comment .. I realise they have increased with everything else, but I don’t  think I’d have the kahunas to ask that much .. time will prove me either right OR wrong! ...

BTW ... are you allowed to say “poo-pooing” on an open forum?? :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I was wondering when you were going to weigh in on this one .. 😅

Have to agree with the Unicorn comment .. I realise they have increased with everything else, but I don’t  think I’d have the kahunas to ask that much .. time will prove me either right OR wrong! ...

BTW ... are you allowed to say “poo-pooing” on an open forum?? :ph34r:

Didn't want to come off biased towards clearly the best value 911 series around ;)

And I poo poo where I want!

15 hours ago, Shedpest said:

125k was a 996 GT3 18 months ago

Cherry picking.  A mezger  997gt3 was less than 150k  with less k's than your example I suspect ( was it less than 50,000km) in that same timeframe.  How many k's again on that 125k car. If I recall the ratio of track to street k's was well well in excess of  0. ( 997 gt3 was 0).  

All a bit relative I reckon.  The question for some is how far off asking are they transacting at  and will these new asking prices for 996's set a new floor going forward .   But  if you offload whats your changeover to up grade.  Probably more than 18 months ago if you  stick to watercooled..  I am not convinced many 996 gt3 owners if they were that way inclined would land a like for like upgrade to a 997 gt3  for a 25k eft ex onroads. 

I reckon if they sell in a week or two it’s got to be at close to ask, longer than that and down she goes, generally.

996 (non-GT Cars) is now fairly priced in relative terms.

6 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Cherry picking.  

Cherries ain’t cheap outta seez.

6 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Cherry picking.  A mezger  997gt3 was less than 150k  with less k's than your example I suspect ( was it less than 50,000km) in that same timeframe.  How many k's again on that 125k car. If I recall the ratio of track to street k's was well well in excess of  0. ( 997 gt3 was 0). 

Not really sure  what your angle is there Digger?

4 hours ago, Shedpest said:

Not really sure  what your angle is there Digger?

My angle is  who gives a toss about cherry picking low range pricing  18 months ago. Shoulda woulda coulda. Markets moved.  Unless you have current leads on owners wanting to let go there 996  gt3s for 125k right now or why you think a gt3 in the curent market is only worth 125k what was your angle. 

15 hours ago, smit2100 said:

My angle is  who gives a toss about cherry picking low range pricing  18 months ago. Shoulda woulda coulda. Markets moved.  Unless you have current leads on owners wanting to let go there 996  gt3s for 125k right now or why you think a gt3 in the curent market is only worth 125k what was your angle. 

Sorry for my contributions to this thread as it was just plain silly and not relevant, best I leave all comments about values to an expert like yourself.

12 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Sorry for my contributions to this thread as it was just plain silly and not relevant, best I leave all comments about values to an expert like yourself. Sorry for being a wanker 

No problem .

24 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

You're all wrong because you're not using the correct currency.

996 value is based on grams of methamphetamine the dealer who currently owns the car will accept payment in.

Is this some sort of new cryptocurrency?

4 minutes ago, GregDash said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my02/SSE-AD-7238574/?Cr=0 This is looking like an absolute bargain considering the current market, hope someone that can appreciate it gets a chance to snag it.

Someone will buy that over the phone in this market.

1 hour ago, Sherpa said:

Someone will buy that over the phone in this market.

It’s a cracker and probably all ready sold, poor bugger is so busy answering the phone he hasn’t had time to update the advert 😂

14 hours ago, GregDash said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my02/SSE-AD-7238574/?Cr=0 This is looking like an absolute bargain considering the current market, hope someone that can appreciate it gets a chance to snag it.

Love the ad's description of modern car driving experience.  Owner seems like a good'un. 

IMS Solution is the cherry on top.

14 hours ago, GregDash said:

No reason to think otherwise, but I hope the buyer remembers to ask if it's an Oz car ..

Don't want to open that can of worms and nothing wrong if it's not, but if it is, it's a big bargain ... and probably priced about right if not.

10 minutes ago, t888 said:

It doesn't look like it has a sunroof. I think sunroof was standard on Australian delivered cars, at least this is true of the 997.

If you zoom in on the second and fourth pic you can see the sunroof

19 minutes ago, tomo said:

Do not understand the point of showing the gauges readings on a cold motor

Agreed.  Everytime I have sold a car, I have given a photo of the dash:

1. Before engine start (to show all the error bulbs working)

2. At cold start

3. After warm up (with the clock showing so there is no obvious temp issue)

19 hours ago, GregDash said:

Sold

Priced like that, it was an obvious bargain.