996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

3 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Amazing timing @KGB. New listing C4S in Atlas grey. $90,000 Low kms 66,000

Check out this 2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 996 Manual AWD MY04.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my04/SSE-AD-7285756

Looks great and good price with low km’s 

49 minutes ago, luzzo said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my04/SSE-AD-7285756

If it stacks up, it's too cheap in this market.

That, by rights, shouldn't last the day ..

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

No IMS and that interior is a little polarising - but based off current asking (and selling) prices, that is very good buying... Fence sitters should jump.

22 hours ago, t888 said:

Only one year to go until the first 996s can be imported under the rolling 25 year import scheme.  No doubt aus delivered cars will continue to hold a premium but might provide a new entry point for some. 

With the way prices have been moving in the UK it might not be such a great difference - importing and compliancing will gobble up about A$10k... maybe still worth it as you say for the entry point.

3 hours ago, Avon said:

With the way prices have been moving in the UK it might not be such a great difference - importing and compliancing will gobble up about A$10k... maybe still worth it as you say for the entry point.

And the video I posted above for me highlights the potential UK corrosion issues you'd still be dealing with...

2 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

And the video I posted above for me highlights the potential UK corrosion issues you'd still be dealing with...

100%

The FGP channel really shows how badly the environmental conditions wear these cars over there. I’d consider a HK import, but not a UK.

As @Avon says, you’re already $10k in on the import costs. It only makes sense for the exotic stuff like GTs and maybe Turbos.

1 hour ago, Sherpa said:

100%

The FGP channel really shows how badly the environmental conditions wear these cars over there. I’d consider a HK import, but not a UK.

As @Avon says, you’re already $10k in on the import costs. It only makes sense for the exotic stuff like GTs and maybe Turbos.

Are South African cars still a thing?  I know they are produced some RHD gems over the years...

On 20/06/2021 at 13:20, Fishcop said:

I'm being won over a little with the Speed Yellow colour

And the Friends Green Porsche youtube channel is worth checking out if you're keen to see the just how punishing the UK conditions are on earlier cars and the increased maintenance required.  We really are a lot luckier here.

I quite like their videos and agree 100% it’s shocking when you see their cars on the hoist compared to looking under mine!

That car looked fantastic on speed yellow. Do we know whether any 4S were delivered to Australia in that colour?

1 hour ago, Joz said:

Nope , sold by the time I went to check it out on Monday.

I was struggling with that price anyhow.

Stunning car!

Wow that is a lot of coin plus low km's always worry me in my head these cars need to be driven 

14 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Lee Sibley (that911guy on Instagram and Youtube) is a journo/editor of Total 911 magazine who bought a series 1 996. He's been documenting the process of fixing his car up for the past year or so, which has been very interesting if you were in the market for one. Pretty sure I wouldn't be buying from the UK with the condition his car was underneath though! 

13 hours ago, Joz said:

Sold this was a 40th Anniversary edition 996 Carrera. 2005. Absolute glamour.

19,000 on the clock sold for $130+k

13 hours ago, Fishcop said:

You've lost me?  You've just bought?

3 hours ago, Joz said:

Nope , sold by the time I went to check it out on Monday.

I was struggling with that price anyhow.

Stunning car!

40th Anniversary 911 (996) - 19,000 kms & sold ~$130,000 ($130k+..?)

Sounds relative when a 30th Anniversary 911 (964) with 85,000kms was recently for sale at Duttons for $380k and sold in a few days. 

12 minutes ago, JWM said:

Every time I watch one of his videos I freak out and think I should sell mine before whatever has happened to him next happens to me 😂 … 

😅 I understand that.

His videos made me think twice about buying one, though every car has its problems I s'pose 

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

Yep I'm having deja vous from my early 911 ownership era... Constantly increasing prices and feeling under insured!

I've taken a policy with Enthusiast who were the easiest and most receptive to to deal with - $92k agreed on my manual C4S with 61kms - to keep costs down though, I've gone with a named driver and limited kilometer policy to keep it under $800 per year.  Costs would be much higher for a daily.  For anyone following the manual C4S cars, you'd know I'm still under insured :(