996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, ArthurK said:

How does this car get transferred / road worthied with the supercharger? They showed the supercharger but no engineering certificate or blue sticker on the door sill. 

Yes beats me, But says it is RWC but in saying that the add also remarks to check rego status ;)

10 minutes ago, tomo said:

Yes beats me, But says it is RWC but in saying that the add also remarks to check rego status ;)

Well it will be interesting if they can even get retrospective engineering certificates. I know when I played around with these types of mods I struggled to get the car engineered / certified at install versus years down the track. I went down the certification path my mate didnt. He can not sell his car unless he reverses the lot 

• 5 weeks later...
On 17/01/2023 at 08:47, sjm said:

Would be Interested to hear how insurers deal with the supercharger mod,

especially if not engineered or approved.

I dare say they probably wouldn't deal with it mate. Especially without engineering, but that doesn't really matter sometimes.

I've asked Shannons about 996's that have only had mods that include rims and body kits, and they've said they'd want to view the car before they'd even give a cover note.

• 1 month later...
On 16/01/2023 at 08:44, tomo said:

03 996 C4S with supercharger , but the K/W seem a bit light on performance. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my03/SSE-AD-13933895/

I remember when this was auctioned through pickles? Approx 3 years ago

Almost bid,  but couldn’t work out why such a car ended up been sold this way - Autohaus had been doing all the recent service - but was sketchy /patchy .

Then Owner didn’t want too talk about it 

looked great though and had a cage in it once upon a time 

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, prices definitely softening.  $10k drop on this car, which I didn't think was that far from the mark to start with.....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/sse-ad-14737833/?utm_campaign=price-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=da2d5224-8ffa-4f3a-b4e8-0a578f10b2f8

1 minute ago, Harsh said:

targa

Jeez, how unobservant am I.  Didn't notice the sharp rear window corner from glancing at the pics. 

OK, perhaps $85 was a bit overpriced to start with then, although Targa owners will no doubt try to argue they are worth more than coupes.......

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JWM said:

This could be the tipper for you @LeeM … one owner for last 20 years! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-carrera-996-auto/SSE-AD-14933460/

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Right state and all.......

Think I'm finally done with them boys. Other priorities lay ahead for me 

(unless it was 40 grand, then I could be swayed 😉)

24 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Sean Connery said the same thing about playing James Bond ...

They called the next movie ... Never Say Never Again .. 

Fair point 👍 Though my current state of mind, and basically now working for myself, sees me not owning a car at all for a while.

Will see how the dominoes fall I s'pose 

6 hours ago, LeeM said:

Fair point 👍 Though my current state of mind, and basically now working for myself, sees me not owning a car at all for a while.

Will see how the dominoes fall I s'pose 

Good luck with the new venture Lee, just remember, having time out is important and having wheels to enjoy  could be just the tonic 🙂

3 hours ago, sjm said:

Good luck with the new venture Lee, just remember, having time out is important and having wheels to enjoy  could be just the tonic 🙂

Definitely taking things a lot easier. Ta mate 👍 

Yeah, that's my dilemma at the moment...do I or don't I? The missus' "Don't be a dickhead" keeps popping into my head 😅 

• 2 weeks later...