996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

19 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Seems crazy cheap.  But I'm far too biased to have a sensible position :D

When there’s so few sales versus the growing stock sitting on Carsales it’s hard to know where the market is, other than “less” if it’s not sold for six months … And everyone's biased, just depends which direction 😁 …

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Price wise, what am I missing there Steve? 

Not sure but I'd say price is negotiable. 

But with the options on this car I think this 996 with be fairly desirable, not just to drive now, in the future also.

X51 is crazy rare with hard back seats and sports suspension and Limited slip diff.

Looking on CS i reckon it's not overly optimistic, but that's just my thoughts.

Cold air too Lee🙂

25 minutes ago, Proud Member said:

I can’t seem to locate the add on FB. Is it ocean blue metallic ?

14 minutes ago, Nimbus_f3 said:

@Nimbus_f3 - that link is for a Private Facebook group, so the fb advert/listing does not show unless you are a member of that group. 

I'm not a Facebook fan by any description, so if you are attempting to reach some of the Porsche community with going to Carsales, I would suggest Posting up here a detailed listing with photos and the description you have on Facebook. 

@Proud Member if it helps to find the Ad, I found it on Facebook by searching:

Keyword: Porsche 996 

Area: pick an Adelaide suburb - I chose Stirling. 

It was the first result. 

HTH. 

Thanks chaps. I forgot that I’d  put myself into voluntary exile for this FB group as I wanted to buy everything. Sometimes I need to be content with looking rather than buying. 
I was curious about this car as I previously traded an ocean blue metallic 996 with x51 for a GT3 and I was wondering if it was the same car

1 hour ago, sjm said:

X51 is crazy rare with hard back seats and sports suspension and Limited slip diff.

Looking on CS i reckon it's not overly optimistic, but that's just my thoughts.

Cold air too Lee🙂

Aaaah...didnt see the X51 bit 🙄

A/c beats a spray bottle anytime mate 

4 hours ago, Proud Member said:

Thanks chaps. I forgot that I’d  put myself into voluntary exile for this FB group as I wanted to buy everything. Sometimes I need to be content with looking rather than buying. 
I was curious about this car as I previously traded an ocean blue metallic 996 with x51 for a GT3 and I was wondering if it was the same car

I think this 996 is Zenith blue.

8 hours ago, Nimbus_f3 said:

Hi Lee, given that it’s a bit of an unusual spec, there’s not a lot to provide a comparison, had to start somewhere. 

David

Sounds reasonable David.

More interested in the Nimbus F3 though. :) Was this the orange one for sale on my105 in Queensland a while back?

Nice. Was listed shortly after I bought my MK6 Cheetah, so bad timing for me. Quite a few Group Q and R cars have been heading to Tassie... I'll need to make a trip to Baskerville Historics once I get mine running.

Good luck with the sale of the 996!

1 hour ago, Nimbus_f3 said:

For completeness, just letting the group know I’ve taken a deposit on the x51 996 yesterday.  I reckon that both parties are happy with the deal. 

David

Great news Dave. The buyers are out there!

28 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Nice one David 👍

@sjm  I woulda thought $325k so you can haggle down a bit

😂

19 hours ago, LeeM said:

Haha. I like the comment "Ready for a track day and it will own it!!", because 996 tips are know to be the ultimate track day weapons :D 

Ok

For a bit of 'my market' perspective. I sold my much loved 01 Black on Black 6.1'manuEl' a few weeks ago. I may have mentioned it, I may not have. Wine eludes me.

Great car everything done, IMS, coilovers, blah blah, good history, 125k on clock, prob's 90k on PC replacement motor. Whatever.

70k dollar bills on the knocker, first in best dressed. gone in a flash. Questions.? Few.

To cHEEP, probably. Regrets, plenty. Care factor zero.

It is where my market is / was at, and make of it what you will.  Merely an indicator of a fair ex-market owner.

Old mate got a good deal and you gotta share the love.

HNY

Next.

7 hours ago, WOKA said:

70k dollar bills on the knocker, first in best dressed. gone in a flash. Questions.? Few.

Reasonable price for a sorted 996 manual coupe. 

As another data point I recently saw an atlas grey manual 997 c2s on carsales listed for $105k, gone about a week later.

There was also a tiptronic 996 turbo cab listed at I think $115k which seems gone now too.