996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

3 hours ago, JWM said:

Yeah, agree on all counts there …

👍😁

3 hours ago, Joz said:

A tad 🤣🤣🤣

Just a 😁

3 hours ago, tomo said:

250 k and heeps of bolt on shit, Yeah, Worth every penny . ;)

Not sure I agree there 😁

2 hours ago, MFX said:

BARGAIN!! 😂😂

See, now here's a bloke that knows value for money when he sees it 👍😁

• 2 weeks later...

Im thinking about selling my modified 2001 manual 3.6L 996.2
Only 88,000kms.

new clutch, just serviced. full service history.

coilivers

full headers and exhaust.

LOTS of extras

I’m the fifth owner with everyone documented. I’ve spoken to every owner.

3rd owner painted the car White after accident. Originally Silver.

- WOVR RECORDED - unfortunately due to the 5E9231CA-F3D1-4BE0-8E5D-C8BB5E185A02.thumb.jpeg.6f08c538c014f411ea9b27c1b107385c.jpeg3rd owner under insuring it’s worth 12 years ago. Will effect value dramatically which I understand. What’s it worth ? 85k or a lot less? 😬

DDB2FF2E-1AE8-4260-9EBC-8643F6DF44E4.jpeg

FB8488E0-5746-47EF-9D0A-D98EB8B29A0F.jpeg

Well, at least you've started off honest and realistic...

I think you should post up more photos and full list of the improvements, plus a thorough explanation of the WOVR situation - there will be buyers open to the caveat if they understand the history ( for instance, hail damage vs flooding etc...).

Are original parts available? Does the cage come out? Factory white etc...

Looks a cracker GLWS

9 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Im thinking about selling my modified 2001 manual 3.6L 996.2
Only 88,000kms.

new clutch, just serviced. full service history.

coilivers

full headers and exhaust.

LOTS of extras

I’m the fifth owner with everyone documented. I’ve spoken to every owner.

- WOVR RECORDED - unfortunately due to the 5E9231CA-F3D1-4BE0-8E5D-C8BB5E185A02.thumb.jpeg.6f08c538c014f411ea9b27c1b107385c.jpeg3rd owner under insuring it’s worth 12 years ago. Will effect value dramatically which I understand. What’s it worth ? 85k or a lot less? 😬

DDB2FF2E-1AE8-4260-9EBC-8643F6DF44E4.jpeg

FB8488E0-5746-47EF-9D0A-D98EB8B29A0F.jpeg

That is HOT!!

I'm not sure the WOVR impacts the value that much if everything if fully documented including repairs. 

under insuring is a common problem. When i bought my current 997, 3 years ago the previous owner knew it was insured.

Problem was when he checked, it was only insured for 50k.

I would wager more than a few owners of modern classics are under insured.

Depending on the damage that totaled it, would reckon your on the money. 

nice stance, looks the biz.

i get it .. but 

So many  cars , could have been on WOVR , due to cash settling , age etc , they don’t appear and then say goodman  Et Al  or any other   Good un did the work, who would then be so worried about this 

nice white car was it on Fb A cpl weeks back ? 

7 hours ago, michel said:

i get it .. but 

So many  cars , could have been on WOVR , due to cash settling , age etc , they don’t appear and then say goodman  Et Al  or any other   Good un did the work, who would then be so worried about this 

Thanks everyone for your honest feedback! Yes I have posted pictures of it on fb ! 

7 hours ago, michel said:

i get it .. but 

Absolutely. If a car gets hit and the owner chooses to get it repaired, no one will ever know and it is smooth sailing. I have owned several WOVR cars and enjoyed them with zero issues, but no matter how good they are, they were always a pig to sell.

Thinking of selling my 01 996 Manual Coupe :-/  Owned it now for 6+ years and have really enjoyed it, but it with the '76 coupe, is for me a coupe too many.  Looking to maybe get a Macan for my highway pursuits.  Tell me I'm crazy, or not..

Black on black in good condition - its black after all and a bitch to look after with I about 125k on the clock, and about 90k on the swapped motor, done I think according to PCB back in 2005.  IMS solution done at ~87k (on the clock) along with clutch, AOS, seals, brakes etc etc..  Water pump replaced maybe 8000km ago along with coil packs and a new MAF.  L&N Coil-overs with 19" Lobster Claws running PS4's with maybe 3000km on them.  Service records for most of the work done with regular service intervals.  Wheels need power coating due to a poor paint job a while ago, and other things need touching up here at there but otherwise an excellent, reliable and fun car.  Short shirt, Gemballa aluminium pedals and other stuff I'm sure. 

Can I shop for pricing in this threat..?  I guess so..  The band-aid has now been ripped off and the cards are in the air.  Lets see how they fall..

Thoughts please peoples..

As a recap - my 996 journey started here.. 

28 minutes ago, WOKA said:

Thinking of selling my 01 996 Manual Coupe 😕 Owned it now for 6+ years and have really enjoyed it, but it with the '76 coupe, is for me a coupe too many.  Looking to maybe get a Macan for my highway pursuits.  Tell me I'm crazy, or not..

Black on black in good condition - its black after all and a bitch to look after with I about 125k on the clock, and about 90k on the swapped motor, done I think according to PCB back in 2005.  IMS solution done at ~87k (on the clock) along with clutch, AOS, seals, brakes etc etc..  Water pump replaced maybe 8000km ago along with coil packs and a new MAF.  L&N Coil-overs with 19" Lobster Claws running PS4's with maybe 3000km on them.  Service records for most of the work done with regular service intervals.  Wheels need power coating due to a poor paint job a while ago, and other things need touching up here at there but otherwise an excellent, reliable and fun car.  Short shirt, Gemballa aluminium pedals and other stuff I'm sure. 

Can I shop for pricing in this threat..?  I guess so..  The band-aid has now been ripped off and the cards are in the air.  Lets see how they fall..

Thoughts please peoples..

As a recap - my 996 journey started here.. 

@WOKA, I paid $69k for same age, slightly more kms overall but only 50k kms on a Porsche supplied motor in 2011 (bigger IMS bearing then so no need for IMS upgrades), brand new tyres on GT3 wheels, purchased about 2 months ago.  Pricing was similar to Jeff's car sold slightly before mine, his had a few more kms though I think.  So, I'd think your pricing is somewhere in the $70-$75 area.  Mine was originally advertised at $75k.  Fully matching no's car probably $80k???

And I love driving it too, much more road friendly and comfortable than my GT3 I must admit - lacks the Mezger punch, but it still aint half bad 🙂 

20 minutes ago, JLD said:

They're starting to get back to realistic pricing now. There's a 996 coupe that's sat for ages at $40k!

Anecdotally, I’m seeing a lot more coming on to the market across all the platforms I follow and more “what’s this worth” posts. That’s probably a good lead indicator on economic consumer sentiment right now 😅

3 minutes ago, Sherpa said:

Anecdotally, I’m seeing a lot more coming on to the market across all the platforms I follow and more “what’s this worth” posts. That’s probably a good lead indicator on economic consumer sentiment right now 😅

I look forward to manual coupes coming back to 65k so I can get on board 😁

30 minutes ago, Sherpa said:

I hate those posts. You can tell them anything, and they'll take it as gospel if it's high and tell everyone that's what their car is worth. They won't listen to realistic pricing because their car is 'worth a lot more than that' 

15 minutes ago, JLD said:

I hate those posts. You can tell them anything, and they'll take it as gospel if it's high and tell everyone that's what their car is worth. They won't listen to realistic pricing because their car is 'worth a lot more than that' 

More often than not, in both cases, they’re all ratty or poorly modified examples. I’m not seeing a lot nice ones on offer, other than Turbos.

But I think the Turbo & GT3 owners are pretty well insulated from a price downturn. And judging by the cars on offer (on FB & Reddit etc), I’d say the owners are sweating the maintenance costs. Probably a good time for them to switch to a new Camry under warranty 😬