996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

New listing

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1998/sse-ad-13705668/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=7d0808fd-c54a-4f39-baf4-24b88d0ba2b3

Top end $, but perhaps almost worth it?  Certainly more car for that money than a lot of other asks....

I want those wheels though!!!!

7f1i0nbd2hdtdxdunzfe46qj6.jpg

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, ScottyP said:

Anyone know what this C4S sold for? 

Don’t know if this means anything but I noticed it’s listed as “Withdrawn” on Carsales not “Sold”.

Last list price was $142k … fair but more than the $120k the one that’s been sitting at Autohaus for a couple months is asking. 

18 minutes ago, JWM said:

Don’t know if this means anything but I noticed it’s listed as “Withdrawn” on Carsales not “Sold”.

Last list price was $142k … fair but more than the $120k the one that’s been sitting at Autohaus for a couple months is asking. 

Thx. $142 is up there. Same ballpark as the Lapis Blue car I understand.  The AH car looks very nice and not silly money. 

Tasty looking targa too... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual-my03/SSE-AD-12720353/?Cr=0 

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Seems to be quite a few cars being "withdrawn".  Couple of 996 GT3s being dropped $20 & $30k too

Not just 996, 997’s as well. Might just be removing then re listing later on with a more realistic price. Interesting as I’m about to list my 997, with some pricing v high and then others more realistic. 

Using withdrawn allows people to remove their car and then re-list it without having to create a new advert. Also the heat has come out of the market & will probably come back even more in the first half of next year so if you’re planning on selling I wouldn’t wait. 

I finally remembered to check back in on this 996 Turbo that was at Shannons that was mentioned here a few pages back ... Went for a very reasonable price relative to everything sitting on Carsales (and probably marks all the 4S's doing the same as way overpriced also) ... https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2022-shannons-spring-timed-online-auction/O6N7O71JX112AE7E/?cmpid=SHN:PI:NPS:SOC:20200801:2945&dclid=CLDxgKeW9_oCFfzAcwEdMpoO1w

9 hours ago, JWM said:

I finally remembered to check back in on this 996 Turbo that was at Shannons that was mentioned here a few pages back ... Went for a very reasonable price relative to everything sitting on Carsales 

... https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2022-shannons-spring-timed-online-auction/O6N7O71JX112AE7E/?cmpid=SHN:PI:NPS:SOC:20200801:2945&dclid=CLDxgKeW9_oCFfzAcwEdMpoO1w

Love this colour, Orient red Metallic. Awesome. 

Difficulty with looking back on Shannon's Auction results is they delete all the specific info to that car. Only the general model info remains. 

That particular car is not likely a fair comparison to most offered on Carsales (or elsewhere for that matter). 

From memory, it had

Rather high kms (170-180?)

Engine rebuild, but no info/details on the rebuild and/or missing service history. 

Series 1 (no glovebox) - meh? 

May have had a repaint too? Can't recall. 

These are just on my faded memory of several months back, so happy to be corrected if someone knows better.  Just think its fair to mention as nothing of this now remains in the description, so its hard to compare fair market value. 

6 hours ago, luzzo said:

From memory, it had

Rather high kms (170-180?)

Engine rebuild, but no info/details on the rebuild and/or missing service history. 

Series 1 (no glovebox) - meh? 

May have had a repaint too? Can't recall. 

These are just on my faded memory of several months back, so happy to be corrected if someone knows better.  Just think its fair to mention as nothing of this now remains in the description, so its hard to compare fair market value. 

Not sure either, that would make sense though and maybe it’s not such a benchmark then.

13 minutes ago, cc74 said:

It has been listed for a couple months and I think it started at $175k. Dreamin'

Can’t say for sure it’s the same car, but I think it’s been on and off Carsales for more like “years” than months.

Another carsnotactuallyforsale.com listing. 

4 hours ago, CapnHyaku said:

Am I smoking something thinking this guy is dreaming?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2000/sse-ad-13564988

Is the Millenium Edition that much of a premium?

even if it was Labrador (Cheech and Chong)😄 you couldn't justify that price.

On 13/12/2022 at 10:59, CapnHyaku said:

Am I smoking something thinking this guy is dreaming?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2000/sse-ad-13564988

Is the Millenium Edition that much of a premium?

That is hilarious. Savannah beige is a very sought after interior though 😂