996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

11 hours ago, WOKA said:

Great car everything done, IMS, coilovers, blah blah, good history, 125k on clock, prob's 90k on PC replacement motor. Whatever.

70k dollar bills on the knocker, first in best dressed. gone in a flash. Questions.? Few.

To cHEEP, probably. Regrets, plenty. Care factor zero.

It is where my market is / was at, and make of it what you will.  Merely an indicator of a fair ex-market owner.

Congrats!

And yep, I will be listing my ‘98 manual C2 coupe for sub $70k in the next week

Interesting.

I've followed prices and numbers for nearly 2 years.

There are currently no 996.2 C2 manual coupes for sale (only targa/vert), last one sold for 86k. CHEAPEST 996.2 manual coupe is a 4S @99k.   

Cheapest 996.1 manual coupe is 80K with mods. 

If you're not fussed about auto/man and roof style there is plenty of cheaper cars, but .2 manual coupes are always seldomly up for sale. .1's a bit more common. But the number of Manual coupes for sale has not increased and prices not dropped from my observations.

2 hours ago, t888 said:

The market value is the price at which something changes hands, not what an owner hopes to get.

The 996.2 manual Targa listed at $93k has been up since April. That's 8 months so far.

I realize that, you gave the Targa as an example, i was referring to Coupes, Coupes seem rarer and have attracted a higher price. 

2 hours ago, NAC911 said:

I realize that, you gave the Targa as an example, i was referring to Coupes, Coupes seem rarer and have attracted a higher price. 

The Targa is one of the least produced 996 @ some 5512 units which would make it a bit more collectable you would think , but rumours of leaks and poor fitting seals put the kybosh on the Targas Sales.

Also more usable than a coupe . :)

When I was first looking for a 996 manual coupe some 5 years ago, Scott at Autohaus Hamilton passed on a comment that I think still holds very true now, that when they were new, Targas, Cabrios and Tips had quite a high price premium over the C2 manual coupe, whereas now, almost invariably, the manual C2 coupe is worth more, and more sought after, than any of the others (Carrera 4 and 4S a separate issue).

43 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

When I was first looking for a 996 manual coupe some 5 years ago, Scott at Autohaus Hamilton passed on a comment that I think still holds very true now, that when they were new, Targas, Cabrios and Tips had quite a high price premium over the C2 manual coupe, whereas now, almost invariably, the manual C2 coupe is worth more, and more sought after, than any of the others (Carrera 4 and 4S a separate issue).

That's exactly what i found over the past 2 years looking for a 996. After discussions with friends i ruled out Cab/Targa/Tips, and was told to steer away from 4's too. I think this is a similar situation across the board with people now looking for a driving weekend toy. Manual Coupes are the "in demand" spec, hence their rarity for sale and premium over other specs.

This could see the variation in pricing from 996.1 tip/cab to 996.2 Manual coupe be as much as 45k 

46 minutes ago, JWM said:

Never saw myself in a tip cab but I love the look of this .2 in white … I’ve never followed anything but manual coupes but it seems a bit expensive isn’t it? What’s it worth?

EA7154A9-BA57-43F8-9F2E-40FC2CD89684.jpeg

Yes, very expensive as a Tip Cab, although relatively low KMs.  Would have thought $65-$70 at a true selling point??

14 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yes, very expensive as a Tip Cab, although relatively low KMs.  Would have thought $65-$70 at a true selling point??

It will still sit at that price. Tip cabs simply do not sell unless they are under $60k. I've been watching for a while!

30 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I know you probably have your reasons, @Fishcop, but too cheap!

It is still one of the nicest C4S's I've ever seen 

GLWS ... 😁

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my04/SSE-AD-13724731?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-13724731

Thanks for the vouch on the car, it is a cracker.  It's a quiet market and I have to be realistic with a bit of stock available to buyers... For some the lure of a Turbo may seem a better option, and there seems to be an abundance of 996 Turbos (albeit tippys) in the $140k plus range. 

Ultimately I don't want to piss around with kickers :D

1 hour ago, Fishcop said:

Thanks for the vouch on the car, it is a cracker.  It's a quiet market and I have to be realistic with a bit of stock available to buyers... For some the lure of a Turbo may seem a better option, and there seems to be an abundance of 996 Turbos (albeit tippys) in the $140k plus range. 

Ultimately I don't want to piss around with kickers :D

GLWS.  I am sure your probably all over it but don't dismiss the odd genuine buyer from afar who have no interest in tyre kicking.  Not all buyers are alike.  I replied to a car sales ad about 6 hours after it was posted ( 3am my time) earlier this week.  Full disclosure that  I have no interest in tyre kicking it due to nature of my work location but would require a ppi  Got a response that a  first  in buyer is arranging to fly up to take a look and if his finance falls  through  I might receive a call ( asking price for the car is bit more than your advertised price and about 5 years younger than yours)   Its not a porsche so perhaps some buyers seeking other euro's dont have cash on tap for an eft .  Notwithstanding , a sales is imminant,  I asked in the meantime just in case the  finance falls through, can he answer my questions.  No response.  But I  am expecting I will get a call.  Assuming  the  finance company references redbook, the asking is exactly a 2 multiplier of the lower range of the private buyers guide.    As the colour  is not ideally my first preference, if  I get a call, will fully pursue but won't be offering what I would have if it was white.    Plus a further discount for the can't be stuffed taking a few photo's  and running some pages through a scanner and opening the  pdf to  apply  some  blockouts  on a few pages ( address / rego ) to attach  to an email. And a further  bit extra off for the joyride miles.for the sale falling through.    Just a view but some genuine buyers also prefer not to get pissed about.

So you got pics /pdf's of your service log book stamps and pdf's of your redacted  service invoices in a draft email  ready to punch in an email address into  so all tyre tickers are treated equally. 

2 hours ago, smit2100 said:

GLWS.  I am sure your probably all over it but don't dismiss the odd genuine buyer from afar who have no interest in tyre kicking.  Not all buyers are alike.  I replied to a car sales ad about 6 hours after it was posted ( 3am my time) earlier this week.  Full disclosure that  I have no interest in tyre kicking it due to nature of my work location but would require a ppi  Got a response that a  first  in buyer is arranging to fly up to take a look and if his finance falls  through  I might receive a call ( asking price for the car is bit more than your advertised price and about 5 years younger than yours)   Its not a porsche so perhaps some buyers seeking other euro's dont have cash on tap for an eft .  Notwithstanding , a sales is imminant,  I asked in the meantime just in case the  finance falls through, can he answer my questions.  No response.  But I  am expecting I will get a call.  Assuming  the  finance company references redbook, the asking is exactly a 2 multiplier of the lower range of the private buyers guide.    As the colour  is not ideally my first preference, if  I get a call, will fully pursue but won't be offering what I would have if it was white.    Plus a further discount for the can't be stuffed taking a few photo's  and running some pages through a scanner and opening the  pdf to  apply  some  blockouts  on a few pages ( address / rego ) to attach  to an email. And a further  bit extra off for the joyride miles.for the sale falling through.    Just a view but some genuine buyers also prefer not to get pissed about.

So you got pics /pdf's of your service log book stamps and pdf's of your redacted  service invoices in a draft email  ready to punch in an email address into  so all tyre tickers are treated equally. 

Oh genuine buyers shine through for me.  I've also been a genuine buyer enough times :)  The purchase of this car by me was actually site unseen and no PPI just based on the sellers 'vibe', and his ability to send through photos/records as soon as asked.  This car does have a known collector history that a prospective purchaser could tap into (Disco Dave owned it prior to me, and CTS has bought and sold it 2-3 times).

The piss around really just refers to those that call, talk about all the Porsches they've owned and how they 'know Porsches' before throwing a dumb number to see if it's a fire sale 😕 I actually love a good natter about cars, but I'd never call a seller if deep down I know I'm nowhere near asking or market...  In the past I've had buyers put down deposits on cars/motorbikes  sight unseen I've been selling only for them to come back and back out due to finance/wife/sobriety - and I'm just not the kind of guy that hangs on to deposits (this is all through CarSales, not here)

But yep, I have the service records and receipts all ready to go.  Plus I can provide recent contacts for techs that have worked on the car.  I'm conscious that I'm actually in an inconvenient spot to take a look at the car (halfway between Sydney and Brisbane) and there are no dedicated Porsche PPI services nearby - another reason I've tried to price the car appealingly.

3 hours ago, sjm said:

Lot of car for the money, if it goes for low $30k. Had a 2001 series 2  cab auto  with half the k’s and loved it. More cruiser than racer but fun all the same. 

It’s already at $36k plus buyers premium so is starting to not look like a bargain. No inspection, no test drive and no recourse 

5 hours ago, JLD said:

It’s already at $36k plus buyers premium so is starting to not look like a bargain. No inspection, no test drive and no recourse 

Auction house is local to me, but car is presumably in Qld.  Might I suggest anyone considering this get the VIN and do a PPSR check to make sure it isn't on the WOVR....  No specific information that would suggest this about the car, but a mate got caught before.......

On 08/01/2023 at 13:44, smit2100 said:

There is a lot of wisdom in the above post...After not owning a 911 for close to 20 years, I recently bought a 996 cab from an interstate member of this forum. I drove two cabs here in Melbourne (and a 968 cab and a 944 cab, just to be sure) and both had pretty good to quite good service histories, but I chose the inter-state car as seller was passionate about the car, answered all my questions, sent all the information I requested and has been fantastic with the car preparation for transport once all the funds were transferred. I think experienced buyers will "buy the seller". @Fishcop your car is quite exceptional and the market is quiet but if you don't have to sell quickly, IMHO, in time the right buyer will recognise the right seller with the right car.

12 hours ago, tomo said:

03 996 C4S with supercharger , but the K/W seem a bit light on performance. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my03/SSE-AD-13933895/

How does this car get transferred / road worthied with the supercharger? They showed the supercharger but no engineering certificate or blue sticker on the door sill. 

17 minutes ago, ArthurK said:

How does this car get transferred / road worthied with the supercharger? They showed the supercharger but no engineering certificate or blue sticker on the door sill. 

A buyer would want to sort out an engineering certificate long before any money was handed over