996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, NAC911 said:

You'd get 100k for it now.

I thought we all agreed to $100k as the floor price for C2 tips…? 🤷🏻‍♂️😅

We just need to do what the Austin Healey owners did in the 90s and just collude to artificially set the price 😁

On 08/06/2022 at 19:07, reggiegums said:

Whats a white 115k kms 3.4 manual with full books and factory aero kit worth these days? IMS done.

I think lower kms than mine had and as long as it is all nice and neat, I think $79 would be a good asking price. Your car is basically ticks the coupe manual box that most of the buyers are waiting for. There are a bunch of tips and cabs around, but there is nothing except the Silver C4 in manual that has been sitting at $82k for months. Priced sensibly and I think good selling point is $70-75k.

On 08/06/2022 at 19:07, reggiegums said:

Whats a white 115k kms 3.4 manual with full books and factory aero kit worth these days? IMS done.

Nice car @reggiegums.  A reasonable benchmark from last August below.  You'd have to think slightly more now?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1998-porsche-911-996-carrera-1

Hey guys,

Hoping for some advice, in terms of recommend sell price. 

1998 911 996 Carrera 4
Auto
Personal Import from Singapore
103,300km
Complete documented service history

Thanks Paul.

And if anyone is interested, let me know. This example belongs to my next door neighbour employer.

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Aah right, I clicked out of the page before that flashed up!!

And now today, its showing as 'sold $108,000' plus Buyers Premium $6,480 ($114,480). Bargain, although buying at Auction you don't get to arrange PPi, so it's a Lucky dip. Also with Trading Garage it's 100% sight unseen (per their website). 

Carsales last 2 similar were listed at $130,000 and $149,000. 

On 14/06/2022 at 18:47, AU924CGT said:

Hey guys,

Hoping for some advice, in terms of recommend sell price. 

1998 911 996 Carrera 4
Auto
Personal Import from Singapore
103,300km
Complete documented service history

Thanks Paul.

And if anyone is interested, let me know. This example belongs to my next door neighbour employer.

Low water mark for comparable/similar Oz vehicles is $70k.

general rule of thumb is less 20% for imports, so prob mid $50s to maybe $60.

15 hours ago, Mttel said:

Low water mark for comparable/similar Oz vehicles is $70k.

general rule of thumb is less 20% for imports, so prob mid $50s to maybe $60.

I disagree. An import, tip, and Cab is unfortunately not the top of the ring. There are plenty of Australian delivered tip cabs for sale from the low $50s. I think mid $40s in this market. Loads of tip cabs are sitting, and they have been sitting for a long time. Advertised prices mean nothing unfortunately and no one is paying $70k for a tip cab, and the market is definitely softening at this level 

On 23/06/2022 at 09:49, luzzo said:

And now today, its showing as 'sold $108,000' plus Buyers Premium $6,480 ($114,480). Bargain, although buying at Auction you don't get to arrange PPi, so it's a Lucky dip. Also with Trading Garage it's 100% sight unseen (per their website). 

Carsales last 2 similar were listed at $130,000 and $149,000. 

Hi there, I purchased and sold on that platform with good success,  you can request to have a PPI done if there is sufficient time before the end of the auction and you are able to request to view a car but TG have been advertising how buyers havent felt the need to. 

7 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Hi there, I purchased and sold on that platform with good success,  you can request to have a PPI done if there is sufficient time before the end of the auction and you are able to request to view a car but TG have been advertising how buyers havent felt the need to. 

Each time I have been interested in buying, arranging a PPi was too difficult or Auction time didn't allow. 

Glad to hear you had a positive experience, and being from a fellow PFA member is even better. 

Have just arrived home with my "new"  01 996.1 manual.  Much more comfortable to drive than the GT3 I must say 🙂  Still very capable, and more than enough stick.  Very happy with purchase, although there's a little bit of stuff to do.  It has the GT3 wheels and what looks like 12mm spacers, which do take the tyres right out, but the rears are 265/35 instead of the 275/35 I would expect if you didn't go 285/30.  Is anyone else running spacers on a 996.1 with the factory GT3 wheels?  

Tyres brand new, so it would be a pain to change them, but it might be required.  Also looking to do H&R's or similar to drop the height slightly, anyone got a set they want to sell?

Looks like RMS will need doing at some stage, but I will wipe of the oil weepage when we do the rego inspection and see how long it takes to come back.  Car had a replacement engine from Porsche 11 years / 50,000kms ago, so has the updated non-serviceable IMS as far as I can ascertain.

Pics later.......

Just did a bit more research.  The 6.1 had original specs of 265/35, so the tyres are right size, however they are Yoko V701s which don't appear to be really regarded as performance tyres.  I'll see how they go otherwise might have to bite the bullet....  Will think about options.....

9 hours ago, Joz said:

Curious about your thoughts about performance and drivability differences.

Joe, observations so far are that the ride is much more compliant, as expected, but of course the standard car hasn't got the raw power of the GT3, again as expected.  However, it certainly isn't anemic in that area, and has more than sufficient power for day to day highway cruising.  Still need to try out some of my favourite roads, but very happy so far.  I will investigate a few of the easy tricks to make it breathe better - K&N airfilter etc,