996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, MFX said:

running the cable from the front to the back is a royal pain in the a$$.

It is when starting from scratch. But following your trick with the caulking gun tip... Genius. Following that I had it done pretty quick, but with a few nicks and scratches on my hand.

I did a wireless one in my e39 Touring.  Looking at running a wire into the roof and through the little plastic wire guides into the tailgate made my head spin.  I got a cheapie transmitter/receiver pair from fleabay, powered from the stereo in the dash and reverse light in the tailgate.  It works pretty well, very occasional interference or just blank screen, almost always cured by reselecting reverse if I'm really wanting the camera.  I'm happy enough with the result based on the drama running a cable would have been in that particular car.  But wired is always going to be a better end result.

1 hour ago, Carrot01 said:

my wife quite likes the 1998-2000 996 tipronic coupes, do they move along well enough?

seems they are up over $60k now

Yep, great cars mate.

As many know, I used to  bag the shit out of auto sports cars, yet once I drove a 996 tip I was hooked. I'd prefer one over a manual, but I'm lazy and have a dicky knee 😁👍

45 minutes ago, Carrot01 said:

She has a 2012 merc slk 200 - 1.8t 7 speed auto that she loves - i like it too, but she does love the look of the 996

cheers

I reckon the 996.2's are the better buy.
Nothing wrong with the tiptronic in my opinion.
The 996 turbo is particularly good in tip form. I think the they use the predecessor to the SLK's 7 speed.

4 hours ago, Carrot01 said:

my wife quite likes the 1998-2000 996 tipronic coupes, do they move along well enough?

seems they are up over $60k now

I’ve got an ‘03 tip, because I live in inner Sydney and can’t be fucked rowing gears in traffic. Which is where my daily driven .2 spends 95% of its time.

I never thought I’d own an auto sports car, but I’m really happy with it. For all the shit-talk that happens about tips, they’re surprisingly responsive for a gearbox of that vintage.

I suspect the extra torque of the 3.6 helps with the tip box too.

11 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

Whats a white 115k kms 3.4 manual with full books and factory aero kit worth these days? IMS done.

If you're a 996 owner, around $150k and the buyer better hurry. If you're a buyer,  well MFX's looked very nicely sorted (albeit higher kms) and I believe went for around $70k. So maybe around $75k assuming good condition, aust delivered, coupe, and on the east coast. I'm not sure what aero kit does for values, that one may be a bit subjective.

14 minutes ago, t888 said:

If you're a 996 owner, around $150k and the buyer better hurry. If you're a buyer,  well MFX's looked very nicely sorted (albeit higher kms) and I believe went for around $70k. So maybe around $75k assuming good condition, aust delivered, coupe, and on the east coast. I'm not sure what aero kit does for values, that one may be a bit subjective.

I had the aero kit on mine.  I think it looked great.  Wish I had've waited 6 months before selling mine, it went far too cheaply.

17 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

Updated. Any news on that thing we were messaging about?

I'll msg you.

3 hours ago, Jason E said:

I had the aero kit on mine.  I think it looked great.  Wish I had've waited 6 months before selling mine, it went far too cheaply.

You shouldn't have sold it at all.  Just driven and enjoyed it...

Great looking car, I would put $79.990 start price then negotiate from there.          Maybe I’m biased but an aero kit looks shmick on 996 and 997’s😁

17 hours ago, LeeM said:

Think I didn't blink staring at the photo for 20 minutes. This would be pretty close to my ideal 996 👍

I'm thinking $75-80k for the buyer who wants a GT3 but can't afford one@reggiegums

Thanks for the complement and price guide. Very useful.

17 hours ago, t888 said:

Thanks. Did not know about MFX's sale.

7 hours ago, sjm said:

Great looking car, I would put $79.990 start price then negotiate from there.          Maybe I’m biased but an aero kit looks shmick on 996 and 997’s😁

Thanks for price guidance.

8 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

Thanks for the complement and price guide. Very useful.

Thanks. Did not know about MFX's sale.

Thanks for price guidance.

My very tidy speed yellow 2003, tip, aero kit with a few tatsy upgrades etc, 79,000ks sold for 70k approx 8 mths ago in 24hrs so the price should be above there now well & truly.

1 minute ago, Jason E said:

My very tidy speed yellow 2003, tip, aero kit with a few tatsy upgrades etc, 79,000ks sold for 70k approx 8 mths ago in 24hrs so the price should be above there now well & truly.

Thanks but yours is the 3.6 with lower kms, this is a 3.4. Manual though.

Plenty of silent watchers here i must say.....