968 CS for sale. Talk to me

8 minutes ago, jakroo said:

I was thinking of you specifically when I wrote that..... You're too tall without me having to fold you in half.....

I'm fully aware you had me in mind ... 

One day your car's coolant is going to overheat and you'll be calling for the air-cooled mob to come and save you from the side of the road ... then we'll see who's king of the road!! ... :cool07:

Hi guys , a good mate of mine owned this car for about 12 years previous to the current owner , it is a genuine MO30 car , well  maintained , few stone chips when I last saw it but an honest car !!!   I have had 5 968cs's out of the 33 that came to our shores ........they are a great drivers/track car !  Still have 2 Fitzgerald 968 RS's !  Comparing them to 911's  is wrong as they are 2 different cars . For those who think the asking price is a bit much ?  try finding one ?? let alone an MO30 car of which there were only 14 aussie cars .  This car sold through RSR Garage I believe for around $95 k ? approx. 3 years ago ??

2 hours ago, craiggt3rs said:

Hi guys , a good mate of mine owned this car for about 12 years previous to the current owner , it is a genuine MO30 car , well  maintained , few stone chips when I last saw it but an honest car !!!   I have had 5 968cs's out of the 33 that came to our shores ........they are a great drivers/track car !  Still have 2 Fitzgerald 968 RS's !  Comparing them to 911's  is wrong as they are 2 different cars . For those who think the asking price is a bit much ?  try finding one ?? let alone an MO30 car of which there were only 14 aussie cars .  This car sold through RSR Garage I believe for around $95 k ? approx. 3 years ago ??

It probably is a good honest car and that's great, but in mine and a few others opinions here (not that it means anything) it is still over priced.;)

It's in the Fitzgerald's cars territory price wise don't you think? I personally think that a M030 Turbo S 944 would run rings around a 968CS any day of the week but that's been discussed before. 

Simple ....find another 968 MO30  for less ?  As far as the Fitzgerald cars go  , the recent Black car was a bargain  ( self interest )   driven both the 968cs & 944 Turbo S  ...... yeah the 944 has 10 extra HP but the technology & 1 gear extra in the 968  makes way for a much better car  !! ( in my opinion )

6 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

It probably is a good honest car and that's great, but in mine and a few others opinions here (not that it means anything) it is still over priced.;)

It's in the Fitzgerald's cars territory price wise don't you think? I personally think that a M030 Turbo S 944 would run rings around a 968CS any day of the week but that's been discussed before. 

Don't wont to sound like a smart arse but I have 2 of the 5 Fitzgerald cars and they wouldn't be sold for anywhere near that asking price for the 968CS MO30 !!

26 minutes ago, craiggt3rs said:

Don't want to sound like a smart arse  ! but I have 2 of (5) the Fitzgerald cars and they wouldn't be sold for anywhere that 968CS price !!

Don't wont to sound like a smart arse but I have 2 of the 5 Fitzgerald cars and they wouldn't be sold for anywhere near that asking price for the 968CS MO30 !!

You can say that again!

😏

Came across your discussion of my car.  I don't have dyno figures but was told that it puts out considerably more than the 176kw or so from factory.  Several other items that have been attentioned are the addition of a single mass flywheel and rebuilt Koni suspension.  These are real seat of the pants drivers cars.  Stewart from NINEAUTO knows the car very well if you're interested.  It's not pristine paint, but honest. Happy to keep it but doesn't get driven as much as it should as I'm getting on a bit. Thanks!

I own a 968CS with the M030 pack, I have owned it for about 6 years. Prior to this I owned a PRB clubman & I also own a 260Z that I track.

The 968 is the nearest thing with a roof that handles as well as the PRB. My wife & I use it to go away on country trips & we find it to be a fast & practical car to go away in

I did not buy this car as an investment, but I am very interested to see where prices are going. I see them appear on Carsales  rarely for about $80 - $90K

Does this tempt to sell it - No I am having a lot of fun with it

They seem to appear & then disappear. I assume they are selling!?

Shannons took a look at my car & it is currently insured for something  around that. They told me that white one sold at their auction for about $76k & that was about a year ago.

I wish the person selling this car the best of luck, it looks like a very nice car. The market will dictate what the true value of these cars are

13 hours ago, craiggt3rs said:

Yes agreed that Fitzgerald's cars would sell for a pretty good price, going off the price of the last one that sold i wouldn't have thought that it would drag up the price of an M030 CS that much, i guess we will see.

22 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

Hi mate, I personally know of one standard  M030 Turbo S that I used to compete against and he didn't beat my times, so that is one day of the week !  😁 Just  sayin ....

968’s theoretically can be compared to what the 993 was to the aircooled care....the last and best transaxle model...and actually built at the Porsche factory in Zuffenhausen!!!! (944’s were built at the Audi plant)

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:32, Dreamr said:

I'm fully aware you had me in mind ... 

One day your car's coolant is going to overheat and you'll be calling for the air-cooled mob to come and save you from the side of the road ... then we'll see who's king of the road!! ... :cool07:

yawn...bah blah blah....yawn

The 968CS is an amazing car and for its rarity definitely collectible if that's your thing. I have been watching the CS prices a while and they have hovered around the 115k pricw range for some time and haven't really moved.

I love my 911s but I would gladly also get one of these one day. Still waiting on a speed yellow.... 

Members cars

19 minutes ago, Harold996tt said:

The 968CS is an amazing car and for its rarity definitely collectible if that's your thing. I have been watching the CS prices a while and they have hovered around the 115k pricw range for some time and haven't really moved.

I love my 911s but I would gladly also get one of these one day. Still waiting on a speed yellow.... 

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/es19/essen/lots/r0201-1994-porsche-968-clubsport/757557

• 2 years later...
On 05/04/2019 at 11:57, Harold996tt said:

Finally did it but not in speed yellow sadly. Procrastination cost me an arm and a leg but very happy to finally have a transaxle!!!! Picked up the polar silver car and can't wait to start clocking the miles. 

17 minutes ago, Harold996tt said:

Finally did it but not in speed yellow sadly. Procrastination cost me an arm and a leg but very happy to finally have a transaxle!!!! Picked up the polar silver car and can't wait to start clocking the miles. 

Congratulations on the purchase they are brilliant cars,Here is  hoping you managed to negotiate down on that asking price if only a little 

On 01/04/2019 at 12:05, 9fan said:

Hi mate, I personally know of one standard  M030 Turbo S that I used to compete against and he didn't beat my times, so that is one day of the week !  😁 Just  sayin ....

I also don't think the turbo s builds ever beat my NA 968CS lap times ....and I ran against them a few times.  

24 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Congratulations on the purchase they are brilliant cars,Here is  hoping you managed to negotiate down on that asking price if only a little 

well done and enjoy - great handling car

7 hours ago, MARTY said:

Thanks so much mate. I did a bit of a lowball offer and they eventually bit. Still way above old prices but in this crazy market it was relatively reasonable. 

7 hours ago, mc968cs said:

I also don't think the turbo s builds ever beat my NA 968CS lap times ....and I ran against them a few times.  

well done and enjoy - great handling car

Really appreciate it mate! Can't wait to take it out for some good quality runs! 

10 hours ago, Harold996tt said:

Aaaah ya got it! 

Nice one fella, congrats 👍