968 CS for sale. Talk to me

5 hours ago, Mik001 said:

Is it? FFS these cars were cheaper than a standard 968 back in the day.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1993-Porsche-968-Manual/SSE-AD-5299785

This has got to be worth more coin then surely.

5 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Needs to be FM to advertise.  I guess if the car brings $125,000, the $25 PFA Membership Fee will not be a problem, but it's a chicken and egg thing.

Who is the seller on here?

That blue one that you've now posted a couple of times Tingy is an absolute cracker of a car.

This thing has clearly been driven and maintained but I'd be curious why it needed a gear box and engine rebuild at <60k kms

I would love a 968 at some stage but still reckon standard manual 968s are a sub $40k car, which I think is why many of the Carsales cars have not moved for months.

I do love the 968 CS model for the limited numbers produced, the Recaro buckets (if fitted) and the M030 kit (also if fitted), but hard to justify big $ when there are no engine mods.

One of the four Fitzgerald RS Turbo replicas (using a CS as a base) was dropped to $99k when it sold recently- now that is some mods worth paying extra $ for a 968 IMO :)

26 minutes ago, jakroo said:

That blue one that you've now posted a couple of times Tingy is an absolute cracker of a car.

This thing has clearly been driven and maintained but I'd be curious why it needed a gear box and engine rebuild at <60k kms

I was lucky enough to meet the owner of that $52k manual car on a drive last year, he is a car nut and all his cars are A1, i asked why he put a new clutch in and his answer was, why not, that car needs nothing and i don't understand why it hasn't sold.

Maybe all the work he has done has put people off it, can't understand why that would be a reason to buy it for me, price is up the top end for sure but no work needed.                    

8 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Needs to be FM to advertise.  I guess if the car brings $125,000, the $25 PFA Membership Fee will not be a problem, but it's a chicken and egg thing.

I don't think Mik is advertising mate merely pointing out what is for sale;)

And you would be very brave to pay the ask IMO.

10 minutes ago, ANF said:

Depends upon your perspective…. the 968 IS a better car than an air cooled 911, so the price (of the 911) is just inflated due to emotion....

I guess we need to inject some emotion into the 968 then! 

6 minutes ago, hugh said:

I guess we need to inject some emotion into the 968 then! 

Too true!!

Just now, Dreamr said:

There's a reason Porsche still make the 911 .... 

Emotion ...

Good luck to you all in trying to school the uneducated in why the 968 is a better car ... :Chuckle2:

Any front engine car for that matter.....

38 minutes ago, ANF said:

Depends upon your perspective…. the 968 IS a better car than an air cooled 911, so the price (of the 911) is just inflated due to emotion....

I've owned both, but didn't find the 968 remarkable in any respect.

Mind you mine didn't have the CS sticker set.

I sold a black one a couple years back, but it was a 2+2 seat CS... this (the car in the original post) is statically the rarest 968 CS there is, being a non sunroof coupe with M030/220 option, and RHD... not sure how rare black is compared to the other standard colours white, guards red, maritime blue, speed yellow? 

It's strong money for sure, but they are a superb car! For some reason it is the only Porsche my better half wishes we never sold... she really liked it, go figure? I'd have another one, but how many 6 figure dust collectors can you practically own? 

If I was ever to happen across a maritime blue one... I'd have a hard time resisting!! I just love them in that colour (or Rubystone) 

OPEN-7.jpg

Edited by edgy
details

8 hours ago, edgy said:

I sold a black one a couple years back, but it was a 2+2 seat CS... this (the car in the original post) is statically the rarest 968 CS there is, being a non sunroof coupe with M030/220 option, and RHD... not sure how rare black is compared to the other standard colours white, guards red, maritime blue, speed yellow? 

It's strong money for sure, but they are a superb car! For some reason it is the only Porsche my better half wishes we never sold... she really liked it, go figure? I'd have another one, but how many 6 figure dust collectors can you practically own? 

If I was ever to happen across a maritime blue one... I'd have a hard time resisting!! I just love them in that colour (or Rubystone) 

OPEN-7.jpg

Stunning car especially in this colour Porsche centre Melbourne sold one this colour a few years ago never seen another one since that,I would happily have one on my drive.

As a current owner of both a Carrera 3.2 and a standard 968 manual coupe...I can confidently say both are very different cars but at the same time still feel distinctly....old school Porsche!!!

The biggest difference to me is that the 968 is much more user friendly at lower speeds, daily driving and more forgiving at the limit. The 968 makes me look like a decent driver in the twisties....the 3.2 on the other hand, feels like a old school muscle car in comparison, and much more rewarding at the limit ...if you get it right!

The 968 is a very underrated car....6 speed manual, ABS, nicely weighted power steering (like a 964), variocam, 240hp...it’s a great overall package, and practical!!

If I could only have one it would be the 3.2...cause it’s the classic Porsche I always dreamed about...
If it was about value for money (disregard this $120k CS) and it was to be manual coupe, a 968 is hard to beat. Not many around which is also a bonus.
And did I mention they look horn!!!!

On 29/03/2019 at 07:22, crsedge said:

I would love a 968 at some stage but still reckon standard manual 968s are a sub $40k car, which I think is why many of the Carsales cars have not moved for months.

I do love the 968 CS model for the limited numbers produced, the Recaro buckets (if fitted) and the M030 kit (also if fitted), but hard to justify big $ when there are no engine mods.

One of the four Fitzgerald RS Turbo replicas (using a CS as a base) was dropped to $99k when it sold recently- now that is some mods worth paying extra $ for a 968 IMO :)

$40k are 944S2 numbers - I would add at least $10K for standard 968.

24 minutes ago, 9fan said:

Plus it has a Boot to put your golf clubs and buggy in !

and a week's worth of shopping for the street.  Need to carry some lumber and cement bags home, put it in the 968.  Need to carry a dehydrated air cooled driver home after a brief driving stint in summer, open the 968 rear hatch, fold down the rear seats and lay the poor soul down.....

If I had the money.....

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

Need to carry a dehydrated air cooled driver home after a brief driving stint in summer, open the 968 rear hatch, fold down the rear seats and lay the poor soul down.....

I don't know where, and I don't know when .... but one day you're gonna need me, and all I'm gonna remember is this post ... 

5 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I don't know where, and I don't know when .... but one day you're gonna need me, and all I'm gonna remember is this post ... 

I was thinking of you specifically when I wrote that..... You're too tall without me having to fold you in half.....