Spotted Thread

• 2 weeks later...

A magnificent afternoon in San francisco today. Spotted in the space of 30 minutes

1. Silver 996 Carrera s

2. Very nice dark blue 993 Carrera 4s

3. Honest red 911sc targa

4. Mint silver 356 converible

Only got one pic off in time..

8665050862_85073790c9_z.jpg

Hey Coastr.

Maybe you're a 49ers fan going by your pic. Somehow I had you pegged for south coast NSW. It's easy to forget that this forum has global reach.

No, I'm a qld-er

In San Francisco for work at the moment, although I occasionally do have thoughts about moving here full time. Access to cheap Porsches is but one draw.

well today I did a bit of poking around some classic and sports car dealerships.  The first is one where a yellow turbo s was linked to a while back in San Carlos.  Well, what can I say but what a place.  A huge selection of cars -everything from a Koenigsegg to custom hot-rods and choppers, and everything in between.  I spent a while just marvelling at the collection.

There wasn't enough space to take photos as the cars are packed in, but here's some I stole off their website that I saw today

2005-porsche-carrera-gt-001.jpg

Carrera GT

1973-bmw-30cs-002.jpg

Awesome BMW 3.0 CS with a M6 motor stuffed into it

2008-koenigsegg-ccx-017.jpg

Here is the koenigsegg...

380378_594215070608589_306576860_n.jpg

Replica 71 RS rally prepared with seats & cage that looked great with race patina

There was a a very honest 79 911 SC Targa, one owner, 38 miles at $23k. Underneath the guards was spotless, a true california car which looked like it had never seen a shower of rain in its life.   A good thing it wasnt a coupe or I might have buckled on the spot.

Their Facebook page is definitely worth a look / follow.  https://www.facebook.com/SFSPORTSCARS

Anyway, I travelled into the city and found another dealership, had these couple of beauties in it

8667191340_68851368f7_z.jpg

8667192270_44599be9d0_z.jpg

1987 black/black widebody (aftermarket) carrera, 64k miles, 26k  - presents very nicely.  I would love to own this car. Sorry about the photo quality - very bright and sunny day outside.

8666093301_3935eed745_z.jpg

8667194154_0cebd04128_z.jpg

SC Hotrod : cage, sports seats & 4 point harnesses,  RS door cards, 300 hp 3.6. $36k - I think might be something a bit special.

I must say I like the impact bumper cars with the de-rubbered bumpers if you're going for a hot-rod look.

I didn't get time to speak to a sales person as my parking meter only had 15 minutes and they were all busy.

They also had a white slant-nose turbo and a pile of modern stuff including GT3s everywhere.  

Interested types can take a peek at the inventory : http://www.carsauto.com/porsche-inventory.htm

The likelihood of a LHD porsche in my future got a little higher today :)

Ok...another sunny day in Northern California out spotting....

From the 'only in America' file

8670067313_225e8b99e9_z.jpg

A beautiful old Vette out on a Sunday cruise

8671165668_3563f76a71_z.jpg

The ubitiquous Tesla Model S, of which I have seen a few.  I was giving the rental the beans up to 80mph and this guy was crusiing along.  I hope he isn't far from a charging station with that kind of driving on a warm day!

8671167384_395c8203c2_z.jpg

And now for the money shot - a super clean 1989 speedster in guards red.  I chatted with the owner for a bit - he asked me if I wanted to buy it- not today, I said.   Beautiful wood grain dash in this, never seen that before.

8670061041_44518e0e0d_z.jpg

This thing was beautiful - absolutely faultless

Of course I saw the usual bevy of panameras, cayennes, 911 S, 4S, GT3, convertible - coupe - you name it.

Saw a chick driving a beat up Corolla or Imprezza hatch complete with roll cage, number plate LAB14. Surprised that one got through!

Back when I use to cut tough laps at newy foreshore I spotted ENI555.... on a SSS pulsar, not sure if he meant to put his P plate at the front of the plate though. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Great morning weather wise, so jumped on the deadly treadly and headed off down the bike paths to the beach.

On my way back spied a black 930 in a driveway in Patterson Lakes getting some work done on the front right so did the U turn went back and had a chat.   

Mark is the proud owners name,  and has had his turbo for a couple of months.   This is first Porsche and he loves it with a passion (don't we all)   Mark didn't know the Forum existed so I have invited him to check us out and say hello.

Hopefully we will see him on here in the not too distant future, unless I have scared him off.