New to the forum? Start here...

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the Forum also CoSo.   Nice plan you have there and good luck with it.

I probably wouldn't be counting on the GT4 to be around the 80 to 100K mark in 2027    

Being last of the flat 6's and limited edition (not to mention the "monster of a car" fact) I think they will go the way of the air cooled.....NORTH....WAY NORTH

But by the time your 40 in 11 years, everyone will be just sitting in cars that drive themselves and don't make any noise.   So who knows.

Boring times ahead for the youngsters of today growing up to that.

Keep following that plan/dream...

PCM had a GT4 black on black, full leather, brushed aluminium trim, missed out on carbon seats. Owner got what he paid for when he traded it in to PCM less the stamp duty and ORC. Sold within a week although the private sellers are having a tough time moving their cars. 

Interesting note PCM was saying, to which I agree, was that GT3/2/RS owners who drove the GT4 found it didn't tug at their heart strings like the GT3/2/RS so this may play on the values like the 911 vs 944/928/boxster/cayman etc as the 944/928/boxster/cayman whilst great cars, historically don't hold their value or appreciate in a similar fashion to the 911.

Hey Guys im new to the forum.

The dream cars in my garage have always been a Black hardtop 964 and a 1967 Alfa Romeo Sprint GTV - I have one of them, now need to find the porsche.

I prefer any year 964, LHD or RHD, but would settle for any pre 964 911 as well. Im in no rush, and will buy whenever the right car comes along.

I know much more about Alfa Romeos than i do porsches but i intend to even it out going forward!

ill probably be lurking, building knowledge and hopefully jumping on the right 911 when it (hopefully) pops up.

I dont mind cars that need work to bring them up, the journey is half the fun.

Cheers,

BLK_964

Hey Guys im new to the forum.

The dream cars in my garage have always been a Black hardtop 964 and a 1967 Alfa Romeo Sprint GTV - I have one of them, now need to find the porsche.

I prefer any year 964, LHD or RHD, but would settle for any pre 964 911 as well. Im in no rush, and will buy whenever the right car comes along.

I know much more about Alfa Romeos than i do porsches but i intend to even it out going forward!

ill probably be lurking, building knowledge and hopefully jumping on the right 911 when it (hopefully) pops up.

I dont mind cars that need work to bring them up, the journey is half the fun.

Cheers,

BLK_964

Welcome mate, excellent choice in cars, I would love an old 105 also! 

Unfortunately a 964 Coupe does not come up too often but when it does, hopefully you are willing to consider colours other than black and perhaps even a C4.

Finding a C2 Manual black coupe is indeed a unicorn!

I assume you are looking for a manual? There is one C2 Coupe Manual that has been on the market for a little while and the 2 C4 Coupes (C4 is only manual) which have been hanging around for a while. That grey C4 looks very nice to my eye. 

Welcome mate, excellent choice in cars, I would love an old 105 also! 

Unfortunately a 964 Coupe does not come up too often but when it does, hopefully you are willing to consider colours other than black and perhaps even a C4.

Finding a C2 Manual black coupe is indeed a unicorn!

I assume you are looking for a manual? There is one C2 Coupe Manual that has been on the market for a little while and the 2 C4 Coupes (C4 is only manual) which have been hanging around for a while. That grey C4 looks very nice to my eye. 

Unfortunately i tend to like the unicorn vehicles - The alfa 67 GTV was also an extremely lucky find! 

to be honest, i wouldnt think twice on an SC if i cant find a good 964!! 

perhaps i should have expanded and written 964 OR a 911 SC - preferably black but will overlook colour for a vehicle in decent nick! B)

• 2 weeks later...

G'day All,

My name is Adam, happy to say I finally bought my first Porsche, a '10 Cayman 987.2. Looking forward to getting involved on this forum almost as much as I am looking forward to spending time behind the wheel of my new toy. Im from Perth and was hoping someone could recommend a reputable shop for a dyno tune? As you can image I'm a little protective with who i let work on my car. 

Thanks everyone

Adam 

Welcome to the Forum Adam, and to Porsche ownership.   Great choice of Porsche if I do say so myself.

Feel free to tell us the story of your purchase and the details of the Cayman.

Photos are always great too.  (via photobucket best way to get them on)

Sorry can't help you with the workshop.    

Hopefully someone from the wild west will point you in the right direction.

Gladly, its quickly becoming my favourite topic. 

Bought it a couple weeks ago with 30k on the odometer. Which I thought was very good for a 6 year old car. Everything is in pretty good condition but at 30k its just due for its first major service which suits me as hopefully the boys at Porsche will give it the final tick of approval, and if there is anything sus its still under dealer warrantee to replace any component. Right thats the boring stuff and now the interesting stuff. Its a base model with no factory options at all. So along with the serve I'm getting PSE installed this week (very much looking forward to it). I don't intend on making any other exhaust changes but I was planning on getting a performance air filter and having it tuned. At which point happy days. 

Depending on finances at that point I may buy myself a Christmas present and do a little work on the inside to make it feel a little more special, new trim on the seats with Porsche logos embedded and perhaps redo to centre and rear console in nicer material. Nothing crazy, just black to match the car but a little more "finished". Well thats the plan anyway, over the moon to finally buy my boyhood dream..

20161004_062730.thumb.jpeg.a438546e60f67

Edited by Adam987

Just a tip Adam, if the paintwork is in good nick at the moment with no stone chips etc,

you may want to think about putting a wrap on the bonnet and guards.

Definitely worth the money.   

Good luck with it mate, sounds and looks like mine, I have just clocked up 30k also.

They are sensational cars, I can guarantee you are going to love it...(if you don't already)

I actually meant the entire front, being the bonnet, the bar, headlights rear of mirrors and mudguards,

I have also gone about 200mm back from the front of the roof/top of the windscreen.

But if I was going to do it again I would do the intakes and under the door handles.

I'm assuming yours is basalt black...it is a soft paint and marks very very easily.

So rings and watches etc should be removed when you wash it.

Also there are mesh guards that you can get for the big vents around your driving lights that are also worth the investment.

You will end up getting heaps of crap off the road in where your aluminium radiators are.

Once crap gets in there it is very hard to get out plus it will eventually assist in corroding the radiators.

website is CUSTOM CARGRILLS.COM  

Matt Sparks is the man there In the states.  matt@customcargrills.com

Great company to deal with and not very dear to buy.

If it's looking nice and new now, get it protected as soon as you can.

Good luck, give us a yell if you need any more info...

Just to give you an idea of the wrapping I paid $2k to have mine done.  W.A. business's may differ a bit.

That was near enough to a year ago and the bonnet etc are perfect after a lot of country runs (SMT'S)

I can't find the receipt for the air intake vent grills but I think the postage was dearer than the actual item.  

But you will get the price on the site. 

Oh and when you mentioned the air intakes re the wrap I am meaning the big ducts behind the doors for the engine cooling etc, they would be worth getting wrapped.

Hope all that makes sense. 

• 1 month later...

Oops

I may have stuck my first post in the wrong thread, "Introductions" seemed appropriate.

Anyway, I'll plod along regardless.  Pork Chops 78 SC Restoration thread inspired me (among others) to do some with my 77 Carrera.

It had sat idle for far too long.  

So now the engine, fuel and brakes are rebuilt and its running like a dream.

Time to tidy up the body and the interior.

DSC00062.JPG

Oops

I may have stuck my first post in the wrong thread, "Introductions" seemed appropriate.

Anyway, I'll plod along regardless.  Pork Chops 78 SC Restoration thread inspired me (among others) to do some with my 77 Carrera.

DSC00062.JPG

Fine lookin motor Mr Spectre and it says "new to the forum start here" so here is as good a place as any - welcome and looks a treat! 

The boys at autart did a great job with the engine.  Now im toying with the body

Saw your car there the other week, great color.  Looks like she needs paint though.  Great color and a repaint would be money well spent.

Oops

It's good to see more colour in the ranks

Welcome aboard

Hi,

Brian here from Melbourne. I drive a 1978 911 SC Targa in Oak Green Metallic with Cork interior (picture attached). I've owned it for a little over a year now and apart from a WEVO classic short shifter, the car is currently stock. My intention for this car is optimising it for spirited cruising on PCV club drives, forum cruises etc, no track stuff.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting a few of you soon, especially now that summer is kicking in.

Cheers

PFA.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking targa you have there :)