New to the forum? Start here...

Hello All,

I have been viewing the forum for about a year now, while waiting for my GT4, which arrived today. It took 11 months and 25 days for it to arrive after I placed my order :D . 

I have always had a love for Porsche vehicles since my childhood. My Dad is a big Porsche nut also, which is probably where my love for Motorsport comes from.

Not that I am old as such, but in my younger days (early 20's), I was a big Nissan and Subaru fan. I have had multiple high performance 200sx's and STI's during this period. 

I have always wanted a GT3, however with the recent price increases on these cars, I set my sights on the GT4. In my brief 160km drive today, while staying under 4000rpm, the car was nothing short of amazing. It's quite amazing how smooth a drive this GT car is. 

The Suspension to me does not seem that hard at all, especially for a GT car. The car eats corners for breakfast, and driving through the Adelaide hills for most of the day, was nothing short of an amazing experience. The manual transmission is an absolute joy to go through the gears and i am quite fond of the autoblip and sports exhaust :o

Obviously I have not pushed the car yet, as still running the engine in, so this is just a very intitial report. 

I will be joining the Adelaide Porsche club to speak to some like minded people, so hope to meet some of you soon. I have come to some events over the last few years with my Dad however.

I just wanted to also say thank you to Adelaide Porsche, who handled the transaction very well. 

Paid Options:

Carrara white, carbon buckets, carbon interior, floor mats. 

Regards,

Shane.

Gday Shane,  and welcome to the forum

You do realise you're going to be inundated with posts about your GT4 don't you?  ;-) 

Maybe start a thread with some pics (photobucket is the easiest place to upload them here) so everyone can check it out

There will be an SMT coming up soon here in the Adelaide hills (Sunday Morning Treffen/Thrash), so keep an eye out for it being posted here. Always check 'new content' on here for the latest posts on various topics too

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee.

That is all my brain can focus on right now anwyay ;) I need to take a peep out in the garage every 30mins just to check I am not dreaming ;) Therefore any queries welcome.

I will post some pics soon. 

Sounds good. I hope to see you there. 

Thanks for the welcome.

Shane.

Also welcome Shane, congratulations on the car, it was worth the wait.

I love the white.   I have been lucky enough to drive Chris's through our hills and agree with your comments.   Corners don't exist, it, goes through them like a go kart.

dont blame you for going out every half hour, I'd be sleeping with it.

enjoy the car and the forum, and as Lee said, look forward to some photos, when you can.

• 3 weeks later...

G'day, another newbie. Have been a lurker on here for about a year, but now time to join in. Not yet a Porsche owner, but on the hunt again after a near-thing a few years ago. Change of circumstances put everything on hold then, but now back in the hunt. Looking for a 944S2, along with the rest of the world it seems, as supply appears to have evaporated!

Have yet to drive a car that I couldn't have fun in, and I've owned some shockers!

Welcome! From the mother country I presume...... Another for the front engine brigade :)

Thanks, and yes! And, er, yes again!! Have always had a soft spot for 928/924/944 and am now in the position to, hopefully, bag one. S2 is the sweet spot for my needs.

Thanks, and yes! And, er, yes again!! Have always had a soft spot for 928/924/944 and am now in the position to, hopefully, bag one. S2 is the sweet spot for my needs.

Goodluck with your search! I know not an S2 but @TINGY944 's 944 may be of interest?

Welcome P...B....Good luck in the hunt for the S2.   Great choice...

A few of us were talking about the S2 on the weekend, I think I heard there were only very limited numbers that came here.

I think the number mentioned was 20 or possibly 40....but that doesn't sound right surely.

Whichever, I think they are as scarce as rocking horse s#*t.

Are you here in Oz?  if so what State are you in? (I don't mean pissed or sober) 

Good luck with your project. 

Goodluck with your search! I know not an S2 but @TINGY944 's 944 may be of interest?

Thanks for the idea, I've seen the ad, and have thought hard about this particular car, but I know a regular 944 is not going to do the job for me. It might be what I need, but its not what I want :)

Welcome P...B....Good luck in the hunt for the S2.   Great choice...

A few of us were talking about the S2 on the weekend, I think I heard there were only very limited numbers that came here.

I think the number mentioned was 20 or possibly 40....but that doesn't sound right surely.

Whichever, I think they are as scarce as rocking horse s#*t.

Are you here in Oz?  if so what State are you in? (I don't mean pissed or sober) 

Good luck with your project. 

I looked at, and came within a gnat's chuff of getting, a fantastic S2 that Autohaus Hamilton were selling about 4 years or so ago. Just couldn't get the cash quick enough, and someone else snaffled it! Since then have kept an eye on the market as my circumstances changed, and now I'm starting to look again, they've gone back into hiding. But I'm in no rush and happy to wait for something reasonable to come along.

I think there are more than 40 over here and have, to my mind, only become rocking horse poo in the last 18-24 months.

And yes, I'm in Oz, NSW, Northern Beaches. As for state, well, that varies...

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. Had my '79 SC for a while now, which has been a most rewarding project and drive, though certainly had its moments.

Grew up lusting over many of my friends dads 911's in the 80's, and when I finally drove one at age 18, the memory stuck. A familiar story no doubt. Now in my mid-forties, really enjoying the journey.

Been loving the banter and support on PFA, and look forward to meeting a few of you in the future.

20160604_121817-2_zps5z1unev6.jpg

Hello All,

I have been viewing the forum for about a year now, while waiting for my GT4, which arrived today. It took 11 months and 25 days for it to arrive after I placed my order :D . 

I have always had a love for Porsche vehicles since my childhood. My Dad is a big Porsche nut also, which is probably where my love for Motorsport comes from.

Not that I am old as such, but in my younger days (early 20's), I was a big Nissan and Subaru fan. I have had multiple high performance 200sx's and STI's during this period. 

I have always wanted a GT3, however with the recent price increases on these cars, I set my sights on the GT4. In my brief 160km drive today, while staying under 4000rpm, the car was nothing short of amazing. It's quite amazing how smooth a drive this GT car is. 

The Suspension to me does not seem that hard at all, especially for a GT car. The car eats corners for breakfast, and driving through the Adelaide hills for most of the day, was nothing short of an amazing experience. The manual transmission is an absolute joy to go through the gears and i am quite fond of the autoblip and sports exhaust :o

Obviously I have not pushed the car yet, as still running the engine in, so this is just a very intitial report. 

I will be joining the Adelaide Porsche club to speak to some like minded people, so hope to meet some of you soon. I have come to some events over the last few years with my Dad however.

I just wanted to also say thank you to Adelaide Porsche, who handled the transaction very well. 

Paid Options:

Carrara white, carbon buckets, carbon interior, floor mats. 

Regards,

Shane.

I haven't been to this thread for a while so I'm a bit late to the party, but congrats and welcome. I've got a GT4 arriving in a couple of months so I'm reduced to reading owners' impressions for now. Hopefully we'll meet up on a weekend drive through the Hills. 

Hi all!

Been having a browse through the forums here, and thought I would join and post and see if there are any die-hard Porsche fans who would be interested to read about, follow (or perhaps more!)stories regarding the Porsche 944 Challenge Race Series, held primarily on tracks in Victoria Australia as part of the Victorian State Circuit Racing Championships.

I'll post a thread in the Track Talk section with some more info regarding the race series, and to chat or answer questions with anyone interested to know more or to follow the series.

But for this thread, here is a pic of my road going Porsche, which I hope won't embarrass itself amongst some well regarded machinery - it is an early model 912, imported from the US, has been converted to a Convertible (by the previous owner) and updated to 964 wide-body bodywork, with 18" Simmons Wheels.

Img_7023.thumb.jpg.549d76dba2417eb83a60c

And here is a pic from the start of the first race of the last round of the 944 series, held at Sandown in May (I am in the Black car starting from 6th on the grid)

Race_Start.thumb.jpg.b6d25cc5599437dc77b

Look forward to lots of Porsche related chatter!

Cheers!

Mark Taubitz

Welcome to the forum Mark, yellow one looks good, and is certainly an interesting build.

We have one of our regular forum members (Airhead) and his good lady, doing exactly what your doing with the 944's.

I haven't seen his race car in the flesh, but I am sure it is in that photo somewhere.  

That 944 series should be a fantastic racing series.   Good luck with it and keep us up to date , How you are going in it.

I know your a bit far from Melb but we do have runs up into the hills every now and again,

more in the summery months, you and the yellow one would be very welcome on one.

Cheers Niko - definitely not the weather for the 911 to venture out now for the next few months! She gets very chilly unless the sun is out! Especially if anyone ever wants to do a Great Ocean Road venture, I'd be up for that! :)

I saw the picture of Airheads 944 - I believe I know of the car, but it isn't a full fledged 944 Challenge car if it's the car I am thinking of - the 944 Challenge cars all run the Turbo front end bodywork (in fiberglass) but I think that car is looked after at Jocaro Motors, who did build a lot of the cars for the 944 series and also still look after a car or two that race regularly. I believe it wouldn't take a whole lot to be eligible to race, unsure regarding Roll Cage etc.

The series itself is great fun, very fast and close racing - Our Lap times at PI are very close to the much more powerful fastest IROC car of Burchartz and Keene (and faster than the rest of the pack that was racing there last year! We have our next round at Sandown in July, anyone interested in following a bit more can visit the 944challenge.com website, or find the facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/944-Racing-Association-Inc-125821317532458/

Will keep updated with progress and I'll post a bit more info in the Track section tonight! :)

Cheers

Mark

Cheers Niko - definitely not the weather for the 911 to venture out now for the next few months! She gets very chilly unless the sun is out! Especially if anyone ever wants to do a Great Ocean Road venture, I'd be up for that! :)

I saw the picture of Airheads 944 - I believe I know of the car, but it isn't a full fledged 944 Challenge car if it's the car I am thinking of - the 944 Challenge cars all run the Turbo front end bodywork (in fiberglass) but I think that car is looked after at Jocaro Motors, who did build a lot of the cars for the 944 series and also still look after a car or two that race regularly. I believe it wouldn't take a whole lot to be eligible to race, unsure regarding Roll Cage etc.

The series itself is great fun, very fast and close racing - Our Lap times at PI are very close to the much more powerful fastest IROC car of Burchartz and Keene (and faster than the rest of the pack that was racing there last year! We have our next round at Sandown in July, anyone interested in following a bit more can visit the 944challenge.com website, or find the facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/944-Racing-Association-Inc-125821317532458/

Will keep updated with progress and I'll post a bit more info in the Track section tonight! :)

Cheers

Mark

G'day Mark, well it has been discussed lately that another GOR should be done.  

So hopefully we will be down your way in the not too distant future (weather of course permitting)

Your probably right re Airhead's car, my mistake there, I wasn't sure how the categories worked.  

Jocaro's are pretty popular in this neck of the woods, so it probably has been through there.

Will keep an eye on the series and try and say hello when your at Sandown. 

Hello!

New to the forums and also new to Porsche ownership, just picked up a 944 a few days ago. Nov. 85 build, manual, pretty good condition considering the age.

8nBCaEQ.jpg

It's a bit of a change for me since my other car is a 1978 Ford Fairmont. That's my current daily driver and a bit of a rolling restoration, first day after getting the 944 I had to get a shot of them together.

4yfUIhr.jpg

It looks like my bad luck with cars has already rubbed off on the new 944 though as it's been two days and things are already breaking on me. I think I'll have to start looking for a good mechanic around Brisbane (suggestions are welcome!) because it's a bit different than the carbys and automatics that I'm used to.

Hello!

New to the forums and also new to Porsche ownership, just picked up a 944 a few days ago. Nov. 85 build, manual, pretty good condition considering the age.

8nBCaEQ.jpg

It's a bit of a change for me since my other car is a 1978 Ford Fairmont. That's my current daily driver and a bit of a rolling restoration, first day after getting the 944 I had to get a shot of them together.

4yfUIhr.jpg

It looks like my bad luck with cars has already rubbed off on the new 944 though as it's been two days and things are already breaking on me. I think I'll have to start looking for a good mechanic around Brisbane (suggestions are welcome!) because it's a bit different than the carbys and automatics that I'm used to.

Is this the one from Brissie, i just sold one the same, fixed a lot of stuff on my journey with her so if i can help with any advice send me a pm.