New to the forum? Start here...

Welcome also Peteyboy.   Car looks great, hopefully this gliches have gone and nothing else will pop up.

keep your eyes on the forum Sunday Morning Targas, be great if you can come along on one.

Welcome Paul and congratulations on that great rare pick up.

looks sensational.

feel free to let us know your story of the hunt for the car, and keep us up to date with your resto.

Hi guys,

I've spent a bit time on here reading away. And thought I better introduce myself.

I picked up a 1981 924 Carrera GT in April.

And now ongoing a full restoration.

DSC_1899.jpg

DSC_1902.jpg

Regards,

Paul.

Wow, I'm certainly mainly drawn to 911s, but damn this thing look awesome!

Hi guys,

I've spent a bit time on here reading away. And thought I better introduce myself.

I picked up a 1981 924 Carrera GT in April.

And now ongoing a full restoration.

Regards,

Paul.

Welcome and great car. I feel a restoration/ build thread would be in order :P

Congrats Paul on the GT, you beat me to this one. It was a great buy. 

Thanks Greg.

I've been trying/collecting a few cars lately, and it's certainly a battle field out there, at times. 

Wow, I'm certainly mainly drawn to 911s, but damn this thing look awesome!

Thanks Nick. Love the 911's too, and used to own a black 2004 996 TT. I agree, the CGT has fantastic look.

DSC_1909.jpg

Edited by AU924CGT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Rolf is my name.    Been a lurker for some time and finally bit the bullet and joined the forum

Owner of a silver 987.1 Cayman S, which I transported down from WA a few months ago.

My first Porsche and I am loving every minute of it.   Should have converted a long time ago.

I have been to a couple of DAK DAK's and went for a run last weekend with Niko and a few others.

Forum looks like fun and I hope to be involved in whatever comes up.

ROLFYS%20987.jpg

Good on you Rolfy, let me the first to welcome you (at last) ;)

Hope to see you out on some SMT's and see you show of that great driving style you showed me in the 1985 Wynns Safari.:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Been a long time Porsche fan since my youth and I've decided to pursue this dream further from now with more conviction. Unfortunately most modern Porsches are out of reach for me at the moment. But I am patient. I'll keep my Toyota 86 until then as my sports car analogue. 

In 2027 I'll be 40. I've got my eye on purchasing a Cayman GT4, within the next 10 years. I'm hoping by 2027, a 2016 Porsche 981 Cayman GT4 will be around the 80k - 100k mark, and I'll have sufficient income and savings to purchase it then.

A 2011 Cayman R is about 120k and that's only 5 years... so I'm hoping my figures are not out of the ballpark.

In the near future there's a chance I might get into a Pcar quicker as my fiancée's father currently owns a 987 Cayman... which I've got my eye on whenever they intend to upgrade!

I must say though it's an addiction browsing used car prices to see if there's a good deal on Porsches!

Although I'm not a Porsche owner I hope I can stay here and share in the passion vicariously.... until I get mine!

Hi all,

Been a long time Porsche fan since my youth and I've decided to pursue this dream further from now with more conviction. Unfortunately most modern Porsches are out of reach for me at the moment. But I am patient. I'll keep my Toyota 86 until then as my sports car analogue. 

In 2027 I'll be 40. I've got my eye on purchasing a Cayman GT4, within the next 10 years. I'm hoping by 2027, a 2016 Porsche 981 Cayman GT4 will be around the 80k - 100k mark, and I'll have sufficient income and savings to purchase it then.

A 2011 Cayman R is about 120k and that's only 5 years... so I'm hoping my figures are not out of the ballpark.

In the near future there's a chance I might get into a Pcar quicker as my fiancée's father currently owns a 987 Cayman... which I've got my eye on whenever they intend to upgrade!

I must say though it's an addiction browsing used car prices to see if there's a good deal on Porsches!

Although I'm not a Porsche owner I hope I can stay here and share in the passion vicariously.... until I get mine!

Welcome to the forum and yes chase that dream. I was not an owner when I started either but all are welcome :)

Not sure about your GT4 future pricing... if the other GT cars are anything to go by they may well go the other way!

Good luck with what ever you get :)

Welcome to the Forum also CoSo.   Nice plan you have there and good luck with it.

I probably wouldn't be counting on the GT4 to be around the 80 to 100K mark in 2027    

Being last of the flat 6's and limited edition (not to mention the "monster of a car" fact) I think they will go the way of the air cooled.....NORTH....WAY NORTH

But by the time your 40 in 11 years, everyone will be just sitting in cars that drive themselves and don't make any noise.   So who knows.

Boring times ahead for the youngsters of today growing up to that.

Keep following that plan/dream...

Thanks all.

Re: Cayman GT4 pricing, it appears 2004 911 GT3s are around the 160k mark, so they're a bit under half their original cost.

Indeed the GT4s are rare and part of their appeal is that they're the last NA flat 6, as it would for many others. I guess time and the market will tell!

Worst comes to worst, I'd happily go for a Cayman GTS, too!

Thanks all.

Re: Cayman GT4 pricing, it appears 2004 911 GT3s are around the 160k mark, so they're a bit under half their original cost.

Indeed the GT4s are rare and part of their appeal is that they're the last NA flat 6, as it would for many others. I guess time and the market will tell!

Worst comes to worst, I'd happily go for a Cayman GTS, too!

Welcome, I admire the planning. Dreaming about cars is great motivation. Being sensible with planning and finance will help those dreams come true.

Keep your options open and look for opportunities, "2027" might arrive quicker than you thought ;)