New to the forum? Start here...

Is this the one from Brissie, i just sold one the same, fixed a lot of stuff on my journey with her so if i can help with any advice send me a pm.

Sure is, I was considering coming to look at yours too (I really wanted a sun roof) but I was a bit too late. Can't really be too picky with options on cars of this age though anyway. I'll send you a pm in a bit, thanks!

Sure is, I was considering coming to look at yours too (I really wanted a sun roof) but I was a bit too late. Can't really be too picky with options on cars of this age though anyway. I'll send you a pm in a bit, thanks!

No problem, happy to help if i can.

Good buy, I wanted to look at that car myself but just kept getting distracted..........snooze/ lose.

DHM automotive at Tennyson - Don Munro or

T&D automotive at Albion.

Hi Jason how's the P car hunt going?

No problem, happy to help if i can.

Hi Jason how's the P car hunt going?

Man nothing puts a handbrake on the dream of Porsche ownership like a living, breathing 11 month old feces factory!!!  Every time I think that I might have time to do something that doesn't include shoveling food into or cleaning up used food coming out of my child I get stymied.  

He's a great kid but a serious drain on spare time or non child related pursuits.  Thought I might have had time to check out Mikes 944 but I would just get caught up & days later I'd think "oh shit, I was mean't to go look at that".

I really need something that is complete & virtually maintenance free for the next few years.  I have a new little daily that will get me to work day in day out however I am going to keep my eye out for something good......I'm thinking i'd like a 968.  Or a 944 in the same condition as yours......lucky bugger!!!

G'day Mark, well it has been discussed lately that another GOR should be done.  

So hopefully we will be down your way in the not too distant future (weather of course permitting)

Your probably right re Airhead's car, my mistake there, I wasn't sure how the categories worked.  

Jocaro's are pretty popular in this neck of the woods, so it probably has been through there.

Will keep an eye on the series and try and say hello when your at Sandown. 

Sounds good - once we get to the Summer months, will be a good way to spend a Sunday!

He might be able to be tempted to come out and join us one day! Yep, come say hello if you get a chance to come check out the State series!

Hi Mark,

I try to head down the Great Ocean Road every Sunday morning. When the weather is more suitable for convertibles, I'd be more than happy to follow that bright yellow beauty for a drive along the coast!

Nick

Shame they are slowly ruining ithe fun with all of the speed limits - but still a good drive to go out and have! Hopefully a good run can be organise come November/December sort of time of year!

Hello!

New to the forums and also new to Porsche ownership, just picked up a 944 a few days ago. Nov. 85 build, manual, pretty good condition considering the age.

8nBCaEQ.jpg

It's a bit of a change for me since my other car is a 1978 Ford Fairmont. That's my current daily driver and a bit of a rolling restoration, first day after getting the 944 I had to get a shot of them together.

4yfUIhr.jpg

It looks like my bad luck with cars has already rubbed off on the new 944 though as it's been two days and things are already breaking on me. I think I'll have to start looking for a good mechanic around Brisbane (suggestions are welcome!) because it's a bit different than the carbys and automatics that I'm used to.

Ripper looking 944! The XC looks nice and clean too ( would love to see it with more 'old-school' or traditional rims!)

I'm thinking i'd like a 968.  Or a 944 in the same condition as yours......lucky bugger!!!

I know of a one owner, '95 model MANUAL 968 that could be for sale for the right price... 140 odd thousand kms.. I'd be all over it if I had some extra garage space...

If anyone is keen, I can probe further.

Cheers 

Mark

Edited by Mtaubitz

Hey Mark,

What color combo is this 968 that you know of? I want to do some fantasizing. 

Jason. 

I believe it is Black with Black, but I've only seen pics of the car - a while ago. Knowing the owner, the car will be as good as you will find though, with more than the required regular service work done.

Edited by Mtaubitz

I believe it is Black with Black, but I've only seen pics of the car - a while ago. Knowing the owner, the car will be as good as you will find though, with more than the required regular service work done.

cheers.

Hi All,

Just in the midst of finalising the purchase of my very first Porsche, a late model 944.

All things going well I hope to shortly be joining the Porsche club of Victoria and looking forward to using her as a weekend toy.

Cheers,

Welcome and congrats on your 944. Look forward to seeing some pics of it :)

Would be interested to find out more - drop me a PM. Really looking for a 944S2 but might be able to stretch to a 968... Ta!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys. New to forum. Joined for valuable insights.  Just bought 2013 991 s white after dreaming of a 911 since I was six, like most here I would imagine.  It's basically a weekender to enjoy twisty day trip roads. I've had a few technical issues on day I drove it out the door but dealer is fixing under warranty - coolant warning (no temperature change) and PCM glitches which disheartened my first experience but I'm sure all will be sorted.  I'd only ever driven a mates Boxster about 12 years ago and been in a mates 996 turbo but never driven one myself. Coming from Utes, motorbikes and SUV's for the last 15 years the change was odd but what a wonderful car to drive - did Great Ocean Road and was absolutely amazed by the handling and power.  Look forward to contributing to forum.  

Porsche2.jpg

Edited by Peteyboy

Hello All, first time on the site after being introduced via Jason E today ... thx Jason.

A long term BMW addict (yes I know, I've had the problem for 30 years!), I've now moved the cars and family to Maleny, and have added two 944s purchased in the last 12 months.

A little time poor due to travel, but happy to contribute to discussion, content, etc, feels like much of my spare time is chasing after classic cars in any case.  Just drove another  one back from Adelaide over the weekend.

A couple of pics to follow, I have a 1982 944 and a 1989 944S2.  

Looking forward to the forum,

Mark

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Caterm
Added pics

Hello All, first time on the site after being introduced via Jason E today ... thx Jason.

Mark

Hey Mark,

Welcome & thanks very much for showing me your cars today, much appreciated.  That red 944 of yours is a mint thing- beautiful & the S2 was an amazing drive.  Look forward to your contributions.

cheers,

JE

A long term BMW addict (yes I know, I've had the problem for 30 years!), I've now moved the cars and family to Maleny, and have added two 944s purchased in the last 12 months.

A little time poor due to travel, but happy to contribute to discussion, content, etc, feels like much of my spare time is chasing after classic cars in any case.  Just drove another  one back from Adelaide over the weekend.

Looking forward to the forum,

Mark

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Welcome Caterm.

Looks like you have a nice collection already, particularly loving the colour of the S2

Hope to see some more pics soon.....

Hi Guys. New to forum. Joined for valuable insights.  Just bought 2013 991 s white after dreaming of a 911 since I was six, like most here I would imagine.  It's basically a weekender to enjoy twisty day trip roads. I've had a few technical issues on day I drove it out the door but dealer is fixing under warranty - coolant warning (no temperature change) and PCM glitches which disheartened my first experience but I'm sure all will be sorted.  I'd only ever driven a mates Boxster about 12 years ago and been in a mates 996 turbo but never driven one myself. Coming from Utes, motorbikes and SUV's for the last 15 years the change was odd but what a wonderful car to drive - did Great Ocean Road and was absolutely amazed by the handling and power.  Look forward to contributing to forum.  

just a quick update - 8 days in garage under warranty - replaced all change over valves and when testing the radio played up so new head unit as well.  Finally got it back and went up thru black spur, Marysville and Reefton yesterday.  Was a bit wet but bit I'm flabbergasted by the way these things stick in tight bends. Nearly as much fun as the bike was up through there. I'm thinking of doing one of those courses at Phillip Island as I do like to push the limits a bit and I'm not 100% confident with cars abilities. Any suggestions about this course would be welcomed. Cheers. 

Edited by Peteyboy
Update

Porsche2.jpg

That does look nice!! Welcome :)