Not Happy.  My wife and I are planning a UK/Europe trip next year.  The only two things on my list were Porsche museum/factory tour and Goodwood Festival of Speed.  This year the Goodwood event was over the last week of June and 1st weekend of July.  It was hard to get information on the 2018 dates so I planned around the same weekend in 2018 to be in London ready to travel to Goodwood.  Last night we locked in accommodation in Yorkshire for the week 10 to 17 July as there was only one hotel room left where we wanted to stay.  Well this morning Goodwood dates and ticket sales were announced.  Yes you guessed it the dates are 12 to 15 July when I will be at the other end of the country.  Not happy.  Cannot cancel the hotel either as pre paid and will lose 30% if I cancel.  Not meant to be I guess but not happy all the same.  At least Stuttgart is still on so I best buy the tickets today 

Ha, yes that is an option.  My daughter is suggesting I do a day trip and leave early.  I will do some research.

5.5 hours each way from Harrogate to Chichester by train or car.  Not good.  I have investigated the suggested "use da choppa" option and the cost is AUD$13,700 for the return trip.  Me thinks Goodwood is off the agenda for now :(.

Edited by Lucky Phil

5.5 hours each way from Harrogate to Chichester by train or car.  Not good.  I have investigated the suggested "use da choppa" option and the cost is AUD$13,700 for the return trip.  Me thinks Goodwood is off the agenda for now :(.

Have you looked into domestic flights ?  I don't know what's available, just a suggestion.

Edited by OZ930

• 1 month later...

I typically don't like to come in here and vent, but.....

We had a sewer blockage on sunday (this happened last year too, which is odd on a new house!), so we finally got hold of a plumber to come and have a look on sunday night. He quickly had it unblocked and then put a camera down to see what was happening. The moron builder had rammed a star picket straight through the middle of the pipe!! This was most likely done to hold the grated drain in position while the slab was poured for the driveway, yes the star picket and damaged pipe is under the new driveway!!

Later after the plumber had left I noticed a large oil stain on the driveway. I tried to clean this off, but for some reason the oil from the diesel shitbox did not budge! It was a large stain too. so I got them back and he tried degreaser to no avail. So out comes the pressure cleaner, and I mean high pressure, it took the top coating on the concrete clean off to expose some aggregate!! FFS!

So now with have  a sewer pipe with a star picket rammed through it, leaking raw sewage into our land, a dirty great stain on our driveway and a patch that has exposed aggregate too!!

At least the builder has agreed to fix the pipe and cover plumber costs, will be interesting to see how he fixes it.... the stain!?? Well I am going to ask the builder/ concreter for his ideas......

Bring on chrisse!! :blink::wacko::unsure::angry:

On 27/10/2017 at 11:42 AM, epilot said:

if you are going to Stuttgart you could always console yourself with a day at the Nurburgring ? stay at the Blau Hotel in Adenau and do the Rent for Ring thing or strap yourself in for the BMW or Aston Martin taxi ride, better than any day at the FoS :CoolDance: 

Suggest you book for the Factory Tour now!!!  Don't leave it too long - we couldn't get in even 3 months out.  Suspect if you have a new car on order for delivery around that time the result may be a little different though:P

32 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Suggest you book for the Factory Tour now!!!  Don't leave it too long - we couldn't get in even 3 months out.  Suspect if you have a new car on order for delivery around that time the result may be a little different though:P

Factory Tour out of the equation now for us as the factory is closed for the annual factory holidays as per their recent mail to me.   I was asking for a factory tour booking on 2 August.  Just the museum for us now and a nice lunch in the restaurant it appears (I think I will spend the rest of the day drinking beer and eating whilst looking a PCars in the museum to drown my sorrows).  

So now no Goodwood and no Porsche factory tour for me.  I only had 3 things on my list for the holiday and now two are out.  Not happy!

Dates factory closed for those thinking of going 17. July 2017 to 08. September 2017

16 hours ago, ANF said:

I typically don't like to come in here and vent, but.....

We had a sewer blockage on sunday (this happened last year too, which is odd on a new house!), so we finally got hold of a plumber to come and have a look on sunday night. He quickly had it unblocked and then put a camera down to see what was happening. The moron builder had rammed a star picket straight through the middle of the pipe!! This was most likely done to hold the grated drain in position while the slab was poured for the driveway, yes the star picket and damaged pipe is under the new driveway!!

Later after the plumber had left I noticed a large oil stain on the driveway. I tried to clean this off, but for some reason the oil from the diesel shitbox did not budge! It was a large stain too. so I got them back and he tried degreaser to no avail. So out comes the pressure cleaner, and I mean high pressure, it took the top coating on the concrete clean off to expose some aggregate!! FFS!

So now with have  a sewer pipe with a star picket rammed through it, leaking raw sewage into our land, a dirty great stain on our driveway and a patch that has exposed aggregate too!!

At least the builder has agreed to fix the pipe and cover plumber costs, will be interesting to see how he fixes it.... the stain!?? Well I am going to ask the builder/ concreter for his ideas......

Wow mate, no good at all! Someone didn't study the plumbing layout!

I was told today of a house that was 6 months old had basically broken in half and needed underpinning, and a row of big dollar houses are already noticing cracks in the development I was working at (Craigbutn Farm SA if anyone is interested). Apparently there was a creek running under the house that the soil samplers missed. Oops! 

15 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Factory Tour out of the equation now for us as the factory is closed for the annual factory holidays as per their recent mail to me.   I was asking for a factory tour booking on 2 August.  Just the museum for us now and a nice lunch in the restaurant it appears (I think I will spend the rest of the day drinking beer and eating whilst looking a PCars in the museum to drown my sorrows).  

So now no Goodwood and no Porsche factory tour for me.  I only had 3 things on my list for the holiday and now two are out.  Not happy!

Dates factory closed for those thinking of going 17. July 2017 to 08. September 2017

Well that's a total bummer!!!  You can always go for a wander about the dealership opposite the Museum - presume it must be Porsche owned as it had every conceivable model on display, and is where the Porsche driving experience cars leave from.  Better save up your Euros though if you're dining at the Christophorus restaurant!!

16 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I assume your mean 2018?

Are you going anywhere near Leipzig (about 500km away....)? Could do a tour there and they have a test track you can drive on too.

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Wow mate, no good at all! Someone didn't study the plumbing layout!

I was told today of a house that was 6 months old had basically broken in half and needed underpinning, and a row of big dollar houses are already noticing cracks in the development I was working at (Craigbutn Farm SA if anyone is interested). Apparently there was a creek running under the house that the soil samplers missed. Oops! 

Yeah Lee, it is a bit ordinary what some do in this industry.... duty of care sometimes lacking!