He's only 3, so I only hit him once. With an open fist though, so it's all OK. Right?

a work mate made "I only hit him once" joke at the emergency ward after his 3 year old ran along the hallway looking back at Dad who was playfully chasing him, he hit the wall and cracked his forehead.  

Dr's and nurses don't laugh at these jokes.  While acknowledging it was a stupid innocent joke they were obliged to report it. Both parents were hustled into separate rooms where they were grilled by child services goons. Child is now on record as possibly at risk. Whenever he gets medical treatment a report is filed and the questioning starts over.  All thanks to one silly comment. 

a work mate made "I only hit him once" joke at the emergency ward after his 3 year old ran along the hallway looking back at Dad who was playfully chasing him, he hit the wall and cracked his forehead.  

Dr's and nurses don't laugh at these jokes.  While acknowledging it was a stupid innocent joke they were obliged to report it. Both parents were hustled into separate rooms where they were grilled by child services goons. Child is now on record as possibly at risk. Whenever he gets medical treatment a report is filed and the questioning starts over.  All thanks to one silly comment. 

No one has a sense of humor these days 

World gone mad. Any DOCS guys on here IT WAS JUST A JOKE OK.

World gone mad. 

I agree 100%  

I feel sorry for the younger ones coming through nowadays who will never know the good old Aussie sense of humour.

Of taking the "P 1 SS" out of each other without meaning harm or offence etc....

But I am bordering on political comments here, and that's not what the Forum is about, so I will just leave it at that.

This comment by me, being a dinosaur, and a proud Aussie, wasn't meant to start a debate or further comments.

I agree 100%  

I feel sorry for the younger ones coming through nowadays who will never know the good old Aussie sense of humour.

Of taking the "P 1 SS" out of each other without meaning harm or offence etc....

But I am bordering on political comments here, and that's not what the Forum is about, so I will just leave it at that.

This comment by me, being a dinosaur, and a proud Aussie, wasn't meant to start a debate or further comments.

I blame technology Niko, these young ones don't understand the simplicity and functionality of a phone book do they B)

My kids knew not to touch the car before they could even walk.  Still no incidents.

No joke about docs.  Those guys have quotas and reports to complete - no problem kids = no job.  

Taking kids off junkies is hard work.  Filing reports against middle class parents who want to prove their innocence is easy work.

I personally know of someone who hurt their kid accidentally in the bath, then same kid hurt themselves in the cot a little while later.  Parents tried to do the right thing so took kid ot hospital each time.  Maybe there was something else but end result lost the kid and cost $100k in legal costs to get it back.  Had to have a grand parent move in to their house as legal guardian and had to rent someone else as they were not even allowed to sleep in same house as kid.  In the end all problems cleared up.  No apology, no refund of costs.  'Just doing our job' the useless pricks said.  Meanwhile dead junkie kids turn up all the time.  But why would you muck out the horse stables if you could get paid the same just polishing the saddles?

Health professionals are like security guys at the airport.  Teachers as well.  Probably good guys but obligated to report or they end up in the same situation.  Shut yer trap and leave your humour for the pub.  It sucks but it is what it is.

My kids knew not to touch the car before they could even walk.  Still no incidents.

No joke about docs.  Those guys have quotas and reports to complete - no problem kids = no job.  

Taking kids off junkies is hard work.  Filing reports against middle class parents who want to prove their innocence is easy work.

I personally know of someone who hurt their kid accidentally in the bath, then same kid hurt themselves in the cot a little while later.  Parents tried to do the right thing so took kid ot hospital each time.  Maybe there was something else but end result lost the kid and cost $100k in legal costs to get it back.  Had to have a grand parent move in to their house as legal guardian and had to rent someone else as they were not even allowed to sleep in same house as kid.  In the end all problems cleared up.  No apology, no refund of costs.  'Just doing our job' the useless pricks said.  Meanwhile dead junkie kids turn up all the time.  But why would you muck out the horse stables if you could get paid the same just polishing the saddles?

Health professionals are like security guys at the airport.  Teachers as well.  Probably good guys but obligated to report or they end up in the same situation.  Shut yer trap and leave your humour for the pub.  It sucks but it is what it is.

Like dash cams are becoming a necessity in some countries, maybe it`s time for some entrepreneur to come up with the KIDCAM   

Glad I'm too selfish to have kids. I do love dogs though, and would have 20 if I could ?

Sadly, these are the times we live in when worthless junkies and criminals get more rights than tax paying citizens! Kids shouldnt have to grow up in an environment that will probably see them head the same way in life as their worthless parents

...when our first was born we took the option of he & my wife coming home from hospital a day early, with the support of a follow up visit the next week from a local nurse.  Nurse arrives, with an offsider and the first thing they do is ask me to leave the room for 10 minutes....such a downer when you know that if you don't agree you'll end up on a list and further visits.  So, new dad leaves the room to be excluded from a conversation about the wellbeing of the mother and child - worst feeling ever.  And yet, what choice do you have?

Saw my first Tesla today.....an S.  Parallelled me as I turned right, me in the Charade, him in the inside lane, then he accelerated, chopped me off then braked to a stop because he wanted to turn left, pedestrian crossing forced him to stop and no blinker !!

Tesla drivers.... the new W..... !

...when our first was born we took the option of he & my wife coming home from hospital a day early, with the support of a follow up visit the next week from a local nurse.  Nurse arrives, with an offsider and the first thing they do is ask me to leave the room for 10 minutes....such a downer when you know that if you don't agree you'll end up on a list and further visits.  So, new dad leaves the room to be excluded from a conversation about the wellbeing of the mother and child - worst feeling ever.  And yet, what choice do you have?

what? That doesn't sound healthy to me...? I'd complain! :PissedOff:

• 4 weeks later...

My wife parked her car in a suburban street and some asshole smacked the drivers side mirror and the mirror glass dropped out and broke. The car is a VW 2012 Passat Alltrack.

I called VW and for the replacement mirror glass they want just under $500 for the part only. They tried to justify this due to the car having an "Anti Dazzle" feature on the mirror. 

I have found one on ebay from a supplier in Sydney that is heated but lacks the Anti-Dazzle feature.....for $30.....might have to give that a try. Failing that it seems I can buy an entire used mirror assembly in the US and have it landed in Australia with freight for under $300......

wCuDcrp.jpg

My wife parked her car in a suburban street and some asshole smacked the drivers side mirror and the mirror glass dropped out and broke. The car is a VW 2012 Passat Alltrack.

I called VW and for the replacement mirror glass they want just under $500 for the part only. They tried to justify this due to the car having an "Anti Dazzle" feature on the mirror. 

I have found one on ebay from a supplier in Sydney that is heated but lacks the Anti-Dazzle feature.....for $30.....might have to give that a try. Failing that it seems I can buy an entire used mirror assembly in the US and have it landed in Australia with freight for under $300......

wCuDcrp.jpg

put some light window tint on it before install