I would expect a more practical approach from a farmer.

All year his family pile their shit up ( furniture, carpet logs ) to burn in winter as it's less of a risk (not so dry).

He uses an excavator to rake it up dragging all the dirt and green grass into the pit which smothers it soon after it is lit. Lights it just after dark when the air is dense and heavy so the toxic smoke doesn't lift away so we are all choking on this sh1t for days.

A hot clean fire will burn quickly on a warm day and blow away on a wind created by the heat of the day.

Stupid stupid stupid.

Edited by firstone

EBAY EBAY EBAY.....pricks....

I have just received an email from them telling me my account has been suspended. (temporarily but suspended just the same)

Because they believe I am doing transactions outside of the Ebay network.

I sold a poker machine last night which is faulty and doesn't work.  

It was listed as PICK UP ONLY...I can't post the effin thing out, so I gave the purchaser my phone number in an Ebay message, to organise pick up.

Next thing they are accusing me of selling outside their conditions.    

If they check their records they will see I have been paid for it by the purchaser, and they will obviously take there over the top charge out of that sale.

So how was that sold outside of their provisions.

I hate Ebay... F*%&$ sticks

On the Bruce Hwy yesterday.   Ambulance comes past me in the right lane with lights and sirens.   Cars move over to let it past.   Looking ahead, i see a brand new red Honda civic (with an Uber sticker, i found out later) sitting directly in front of the ambulance, in the right lane.   Ambulance sirens and lights flashing.

Must have gone for 45 seconds or more.   Then the driver must have noticed flashing lights behind.............sooooooo......on come their BRAKE LIGHTS !!!!!

Yep, slowed down in the right lane, and then finally moved to the left......only to jump back in to the right AS SOON as the ambulance had gone to continue their leisurely drive at 95km in a 100km zone.

Tosser.

Honestly it is probably an automated system that flagged the transaction.  I would just follow it up and I'm sure it will get cleared up.

Your right Coastr....I just actually rang someone in America I am thinking.....

but anyway explained the circumstances and that I was very unhappy that my good name had been eerrrr soiled.:PissedOff:

He explained....their system just just picks up phone numbers from the messages, and that generates a naughty boy letter to you.

if you do want to want to exchange details...

you must go through the "advanced" tab up on the top right of your Ebay screen.  

That will enable the exchange of details to be done.

So all good.... sorta.  

And he has taken me off the naughty boy mat.:D

Your right Coastr....I just actually rang someone in America I am thinking.....

but anyway explained the circumstances and that I was very unhappy that my good name had been eerrrr soiled.:PissedOff:

He explained....their system just just picks up phone numbers from the messages, and that generates a naughty boy letter to you.

if you do want to want to exchange details...

you must go through the "advanced" tab up on the top right of your Ebay screen.  

That will enable the exchange of details to be done.

So all good.... sorta.  

And he has taken me off the naughty boy mat.:D

just take a photo of your details and send the purchaser a pic in the answer a question section 

Saw a brief news story tonight whilst channel surfing. A Cancer drug is now available from $5000 per dosage to $50. Fantastic news, yet junkies addicted to heroin receive methadone free of charge! It baffles my mind as to why someone suffering from a shitty disease through no fault of their own has to pay an exorbitant amount of money to survive, when self inflicted disgusting criminal no hopers get everything handed to them for free! 

I really don't care what started a junkie on their downward spiral from normality, they should deal with their own shit the same way the got into it in the first place. On their own! Parasites

EBAY EBAY EBAY.....pricks....

I have just received an email from them telling me my account has been suspended. (temporarily but suspended just the same)

Because they believe I am doing transactions outside of the Ebay network.

I sold a poker machine last night which is faulty and doesn't work.  

It was listed as PICK UP ONLY...I can't post the effin thing out, so I gave the purchaser my phone number in an Ebay message, to organise pick up.

Next thing they are accusing me of selling outside their conditions.    

If they check their records they will see I have been paid for it by the purchaser, and they will obviously take there over the top charge out of that sale.

So how was that sold outside of their provisions.

I hate Ebay... F*%&$ sticks

You're lucky that's all that happened.!  Selling pokie machines regardless is highly illegal, as stupid as that law is.  Day's gone buy eVil would just cancel the listing.

Anyway  :)

Edited by WOKA

Saw a brief news story tonight whilst channel surfing. A Cancer drug is now available from $5000 per dosage to $50. Fantastic news, yet junkies addicted to heroin receive methadone free of charge! It baffles my mind as to why someone suffering from a shitty disease through no fault of their own has to pay an exorbitant amount of money to survive, when self inflicted disgusting criminal no hopers get everything handed to them for free! 

I really don't care what started a junkie on their downward spiral from normality, they should deal with their own shit the same way the got into it in the first place. On their own! Parasites

The worst part about methadone clinics is what happens to the towns they get opened in.

I get the idea behind it - give them the junk for free to stop them robbing everyone and everything to pay for it.  but as I understand the long term prognosis is not good in terms of them getting clean.  Though some do.  The biggest issue for all the relapses is getting back with the same crowd who pull them back in.  At least heroin junkies just lie down and do nothing when they get high as opposed to going on rampages.  Bad scene all round but the genie won't go back into the bottle on that one.  It's hard to argue the billions spent on fighting drugs has actually worked, but maybe it has.  Who knows.  As a parent it worries me a lot knowing how much drugs surrounded me at high school and university - I'm sure things are another level higher now.  It would be devastating to have your son or daughter fall into the trap.

What really bugs me is the way the government hand out billions to to help junkies and the people who don't help themselves (I refuse to say less fortunate  as they could get off their arse and help themselves), yet cancer researchers etc have to rely mostly on donations to try and find a cure! It seems in this country, if you are one of those who are just lazy sponges that cry 'poor me' all the time, or come to this place and realise receiving benefits by having 9 kids and 3 families in one house is an easier life than actually finding work, you have to wonder how the he'll that can happen? 

Junkies and the like get far too much handed to them for free. Get off your arse and sort yaself out is my opinion

You're lucky that's all that happened.!  Selling pokie machines regardless is highly illegal, as stupid as that law is.  Day's gone buy eVil would just cancel the listing.

Anyway  :)

Thanks Woka, but that applies only to working machines.    

This one was advertised as not working, and that you can't even put money into it, let alone collect from it.

The only thing this one is good for is the "pretty lights" and sitting in a corner of a games room.

This is the Ebay conditions.

"if a gaming machine does not allow gambling of cash (or non cash equivalents such as tokens) has no-pay capability,

or where winning on the machine is a game of skill rather than a game of chance, it may be allowed"

Thanks Woka, but that applies only to working machines.    

This one was advertised as not working, and that you can't even put money into it, let alone collect from it.

The only thing this one is good for is the "pretty lights" and sitting in a corner of a games room.

This is the Ebay conditions.

"if a gaming machine does not allow gambling of cash (or non cash equivalents such as tokens) has no-pay capability,

or where winning on the machine is a game of skill rather than a game of chance, it may be allowed"

Fair enough, I'm not going to disagree - but ALL pokie machines, when decommissioned must be destroyed..  eVil's outline is vague at best. 

Anyway..

• 2 weeks later...

A bit hungry after work the other day, and had a hankering for a Yiros/kebab or whatever you want to call it. Special trip to the shops, and was gobsmacked at $14.50 (was $10.50 3 weeks ago). Ya what? 'Inflation mate!' Err, no, that's extortion! 

Trundle down to a mid mall cafe to grab a ham sandwich in one of those little triangle plastic containers. $9.40. Huh? it's 2 slices of bread and some ham! Slice of carrot cake, $6.80. WHAT? 

Yesterday. A small chocolate milk and a sausage roll, $10.70. You get a large Big Mac meal for that! 

Pubs and their exorbitant bar prices. $9.50 for a small watered down scotch and dry? And they wonder why they're not getting heads through the door! Look at happy hour and how many people cram in 14 drinks coz THEY'RE CHEAP! Wouldn't it be more beneficial to ones business to make a little less profit on a much larger volume? Same as car parts suppliers. Something that costs $100 landed and arrive from the states in 7 days, costs $300 here and probably has to be back ordered and take 6 weeks to get here! Use ya brains idiots.

The mob I contract to want us to do an hour or more work per job (new materials that take longer to assemble), yet for us to receive literally an extra couple of dollars, they reduce the install prices of everything else we do just so that they can make money. Maybe stop flying 1st class around the world every 3 months and you'll actually see a bunch of cash in your account instead of pissing off those that keep you operating!

I'm not a tightarse (well I wasn't!), yet I just don't get it. How can business survive when they keep putting prices up, then have a sook when people stop buying, then put the price up again because more people aren't paying? They take away penalty rates from those that actually keep their business operating, yet it's still not enough!

And now today, my van decided to shit itself and cost a heap of cash to fix. I've had enough ?? 

End of whinge

• 3 weeks later...

P0301

on a Friday

on the way home......FFS....

Fast forward to Saturday morning trying to find a friggin coil pack (I hope) so I can use the car for a week before I go on leave for a month......bah..

Edited by Jim45

Yeah I know this has been covered a million times. We pay more for stuff here in Aus, mostly due to our isolation, taxes, or just because they can! Cars are at the top of the "because we can" list, which, well we have no option but to deal with....

Just optioning up a nice new dream 911 for my wandering mind..... $20k worth of options in the blink of an eye.... hmmm wonder what they pay in the UK? Holly flying #$$%^!!

Carrera wheel option in Aus $4390/ UK $2657 - closeish...?!

PDK Aus $5750/ $4050 - again closeish.....

2 tone leather Aus $9630/ UK $688!! WTF! that is not a typo! No way for Mr Porsche dealer locally to justify that one!!

Phew, glad I will never be in a position to be ripped off so blindly!! FFS why do we put up with this!! GRRRRR!

A bit hungry after work the other day, and had a hankering for a Yiros/kebab or whatever you want to call it. Special trip to the shops, and was gobsmacked at $14.50 (was $10.50 3 weeks ago). Ya what? 'Inflation mate!' Err, no, that's extortion!

I pay that for one with lamb, 2 falafel, hommus, tabouli, onion, and tzatziki.  No lettuce!  And I get a can of coke or a water.  Yep, you got royally shafted.  Only 2 places to go for good souvlaki - Rundle Street or Unley Road. 

• 3 weeks later...