Make life a living hell for the prick. Get a lawyer to throw every conceivable legal shit at him. Threaten him legally. Get the police involved, Get your local MP involved. Get the local media involved. Make it so difficult for him to remain anonymous that he will be afraid of even walking out of his house.

Don't let him get away with it!!!!

You will not be doing anything illegal and with all the attention he would be too scared to do anything to you knowing he would be the first person the police would go to.

I don't car how big or tough anyone is, you threaten/kill my dog or harm my child and the gloves will come off legally first and if that doesn't work, well I will leave that to you imagination but having said that I'm not suggesting violence as that would mean lowering yourself to his level. 

Sorry I had to vent as well.

I hate f@#king bullies. Sorry for my swearing.

Hope the other dog is ok.

Glad your little one is not as badly hurt as first thought.  Keep your positive Thinking going and you'll work it out.  

This sort of shit hits close to me.  I ride, and try to do the right thing.  Unfortunately there are some selfish pricks out there who think they can do no wrong and won't take responsibility. I've also been clipped from behind by bikes while out walking my dogs.  An apology is rare.  Usually it's an earful of abuse for being in their way. Again it's up to the cyclist to yield. 

When I was a kid we had a spate of poisonings around my place. 2 dogs, a goat and my sister's cat. Never caught the prick who did it but we all had a good idea who it was.    We couldn't prove it so just had to be watchful.  Have good look around your property for anything that looks sus.  Good luck. 

I will make a plan for the future. None of us can see clearly for the tears atm.

I buried Eddie looking over their property yesterday afternoon. As I was carrying him down to the grave head limp with his tongue hanging long, his tongue had swollen so big at the throat he couldn't get air, the neighbour walked around the corner and looked up. My family glaring at him silently. The impact on my family abundantly clear to him. He quickly scurried off to his car and left.

Couldn't have scripted it better.

The cyclists will have to review their behaviour at the behest of the cafe. Workplace safety and public liability dictates the owners next move. The shared footpath ends 50m before the cafe which would explain his arrogant ploy to beat a hasty retreat. His buddies remained silent. I think they saw the issue clearly. I cycle too but I'm too chicken to be out that late in the morning. 

Believe it or not we have bigger sh1t going on here. So we'll see how much attention we give it.

Lexi's blood showed it still clotting not normal though. The lack of colour in the lips and lethargy together with Eddies death warrants vitamin K injection and tabs. Vet thinks we caught it early enough. She's looking for Eddie.

jesysus. sorry to hear your run.

Concentrate on your family and yourself first, stuff everyone else for now.

Once you've all mended a little and everyones back to the new normal, then sort stuff out.

Go back to the café and see whats what.

The cyclist is (hopefully) pretty remorseful, or at least his buddies will be able to pass on his contact details.

Karma will come, I absolutely believe in this., just you may not find out about it then it does.

Maybe another puppy down the track when the time is right?

@firstonei am just reading this for the first time, this is terrible. Karma is a bitch and it will come to the cyclist and the deadshit neighbor.

Both those people will be reeling inside about what they have done and trying to justify their actions in their own mind to themselves. But we all know that won't work.

Reality would have hit home when he saw you and your family with the dog and he would have felt like the lowest scum on earth, which he is.

I really feel for you and your family mate, dogs become a part of the family and when one goes it's tough. I hope your daughter bounces back 100% also and as you can see the PFA community is here for you.

You've said exactly what I believe too.

I've not seen this side of the pfa since I've not met more than two members.

It's comforting and restorative to have all your comments. 

Lexi has picked up after treatment. ☺

Eddie was nearly 3 and almost over his teen rebellion. He was a good mate. I rescued him from junkies at 5 weeks so at least he had a better life than he looked like having.

3 hours ago, firstone said:

You've said exactly what I believe too.

I've not seen this side of the pfa since I've not met more than two members.

It's comforting and restorative to have all your comments. 

Lexi has picked up after treatment. ☺

Eddie was nearly 3 and almost over his teen rebellion. He was a good mate. I rescued him from junkies at 5 weeks so at least he had a better life than he looked like having.

I hope that you went to the cops over both this and the shit head on the bike, I am just getting over losing a dog to an undetermined poisoning/bacterial infection, but I gotta say that if I knew for certain that someone did it on purpose, and the law wouldn`t  do anything about it, I would.

48 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

I hope that you went to the cops over both this and the shit head on the bike, I am just getting over losing a dog to an undetermined poisoning/bacterial infection, but I gotta say that if I knew for certain that someone did it on purpose, and the law wouldn`t  do anything about it, I would.

Let's face it, our dogs are just like our children, if someone did harm against them i would be seeking vengence one way or another.

1 hour ago, TINGY944 said:

Let's face it, our dogs are just like our children, if someone did harm against them i would be seeking vengence one way or another.

We don't have kids, so our dog IS my child, and she is spoilt rotten. Anyone did ANYTHING to her, they'll be eating their meals through a straw for the rest of their lives sitting in their wheelchair! 

Very sad news @firstone we don’t have kids as a result our dogs are our kids. I commend you on your restraint in both matters, I too think I would be locked up by now from my actions taken in vengeance. As others have said karma will pay them back ten fold, even more so as you have been the better man.

I know it’s easy to say but chin up and move on and concentrate on what is great in your life.

@firstone really sorry to hear what you've been through. What a test for you. A test in your faith of people to just be good to one another. For what it's worth, i believe that for every prick who'll poison a dog or every moron who'll ride bikes through a pedestrian area and knock over a young girl, there'll be 100 who find both scenarios unconscionable. 

Best wishes to you and your family. 

Sums it up very nicely. 

1 hour ago, Andy73 said:

@firstone really sorry to hear what you've been through. What a test for you. A test in your faith of people to just be good to one another. For what it's worth, i believe that for every prick who'll poison a dog or every moron who'll ride bikes through a pedestrian area and knock over a young girl, there'll be 100 who find both scenarios unconscionable. 

Best wishes to you and your family. 

My daughter has shaken off the bike thing quickly because her dog is showing rapid improvement.

She doesn't spend much time on reflection of the past because she reads the important lesson quickly. Her oldest brother is the same. They don't collect enemies, but friends and adventures. 

I'm learning from my kids. Well, step kids.

This has subdued all of us, nothing like a common enemy to unite. This is a gem because teens generally love to argue.

On 1/26/2018 at 1:46 AM, LeeM said:

Samsung Galaxy note 8 commercial. I wish to thump the advertising idiot that thought of putting that damn music in there!! ??

I'm more bothered by the fact the couple can't actually speak to each other! Like all the couples at cafe's and restaurants all staring at their phones... :rolleyes:

the-day-that-albert-einstein-feared-has-

58 minutes ago, firstone said:

I txt the members of my family if I can't be bothered to get up. I thought I was being clever.  ? 

? When I'm in the shed working on the car, the missus sends me a text to make her a coffee! (She makes crap coffee!)

In the not too distant past, I've regularly told the missus to put her phone down when we're out at dinner etc. Now she hands it to me till we leave the pub/restaurant

Nothing annoys me more than talking to people who incessantly look at their bloody phone! PUT IT AWAY! ?

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

I'm more bothered by the fact the couple can't actually speak to each other! Like all the couples at cafe's and restaurants all staring at their phones... :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, LeeM said:

? When I'm in the shed working on the car, the missus sends me a text to make her a coffee! (She makes crap coffee!)

In the not too distant past, I've regularly told the missus to put her phone down when we're out at dinner etc. Now she hands it to me till we leave the pub/restaurant

Nothing annoys me more than talking to people who incessantly look at their bloody phone! PUT IT AWAY! ?

block her

So I'm sitting at home bored, and decided I'd see what I could buy if I sold the Ghetto backdate for between 50 and 60k, yet still owning a Porsche of some sort. Being as I'm not exactly flushed with coin

1- Cheapish 996, a cheap MGB to clean up and a Rotax Kart

2- Roady 944 up to $20k, a 944 rhd track car for $20k, 2 x Rotax Karts and a dirt bike (used)

3- 944 roady $20k, sorted MGB tarmac rally car $20k, 2 Karts and dirt bike

4- A lhd 911 longhood track car nearly ready to go

The list went on and on..... I really should find a hobby! (And I like MGB's ok?) 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

So I'm sitting at home bored, and decided I'd see what I could buy if I sold the Ghetto backdate for between 50 and 60k, yet still owning a Porsche of some sort. Being as I'm not exactly flushed with coin

1- Cheapish 996, a cheap MGB to clean up and a Rotax Kart

2- Roady 944 up to $20k, a 944 rhd track car for $20k, 2 x Rotax Karts and a dirt bike (used)

3- 944 roady $20k, sorted MGB tarmac rally car $20k, 2 Karts and dirt bike

4- A lhd 911 longhood track car nearly ready to go

The list went on and on..... I really should find a hobby! (And I like MGB's ok?) 

block him