9 hours ago, ANF said:

Yeah Lee, it is a bit ordinary what some do in this industry.... duty of care sometimes lacking!

Like the pelican sparky today who installed some sort of power box in front of my van as I was parked up onsite working inside. No way to drive offsite without him moving it. Site supervisor rolled up, and told him it was on the wrong side if the house! You'd think he would have noticed the meter box wasnt attached to his nearest wall....Dumbass 

Haven't been in the shed for nearly a week after the few days of mid to high 30's heat, yet the past 2 days it's become a bit on the nose. Had a look around to no avail, yet it got much worse yesterday, and knew something was dead in there. 

Culprit found.....a very large and very dead resident possum near the 911. I can't begin to describe the utter stench, yet it was enough to make me want to burn the shed with the car in it!  I haven't been that I'll for a while ??

The missus has a much stronger stomach than I do (needs it in her job), so she gets the task of removing it today. It's 7am and I'm about to get in the car for a drive, yet I'll be going in there with a paint mask on, coz if I get a whiff of it, today aint gunna happen! ?

The stench of a dead sizeable carcus is not the best Lee agreed, hope the smell hasn't infiltrated the silver bullet.

""The missus has a much stronger stomach than I do (needs it in her job), so she gets the task of removing it today"". You married a good woman Lee!

2 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

The stench of a dead sizeable carcus is not the best Lee agreed, hope the smell hasn't infiltrated the silver bullet.

""The missus has a much stronger stomach than I do (needs it in her job), so she gets the task of removing it today"". You married a good woman Lee!

Buggered if I'd ever get married mate. Too much hassle to get divorced! She's a good egg this one. 11 years so far

Swear there was a bit of smell in the car this morning, but I went into the shed with a towel over my face sprayed with Hugo Boss manfume, and sprayed the car with Glen 20! ? Pathetic I know, but neccesary

14 minutes ago, JV911 said:

People using the expression "reach out", and "yourself/myself" when they mean you/me respectively really grinds my gears.

"Please reach out to myself" for the double whammy. WTF does that even mean?!

Sometimes I say 'reach around' to see if they're paying attention :ph34r:

On 12/17/2017 at 7:43 AM, LeeM said:

Haven't been in the shed for nearly a week after the few days of mid to high 30's heat, yet the past 2 days it's become a bit on the nose. Had a look around to no avail, yet it got much worse yesterday, and knew something was dead in there. 

Culprit found.....a very large and very dead resident possum near the 911. I can't begin to describe the utter stench, yet it was enough to make me want to burn the shed with the car in it!  I haven't been that I'll for a while ??

The missus has a much stronger stomach than I do (needs it in her job), so she gets the task of removing it today. It's 7am and I'm about to get in the car for a drive, yet I'll be going in there with a paint mask on, coz if I get a whiff of it, today aint gunna happen! ?

I did the same thing over winter, we had this really bad smell outside and i found a dead possum beside my garage. I tried to remove it but could not stop myself from vomiting and dry reaching and carrying on like a big sook, my missus who also has a stronger stomach than me shoveled it into a bag and got rid of it.

My missus is the one who feels sorry for all the little kids at school who shit themselves and walk around covered in their own vomit so she makes their little lives a bit better by cleaning them up, i don't know how she does it.

3 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

My missus is the one who feels sorry for all the little kids at school who shit themselves and walk around covered in their own vomit so she makes their little lives a bit better by cleaning them up, i don't know how she does it.

Mine is a support worker for the intellectually disabled, and some of the stories she begins to tell me forces my fingers into my ears! 

Takes a special person to do that job, and as I struggle to remove dog pooh, I can rule out being a support worker anytime in the future! 

23 hours ago, JV911 said:

People using the expression "reach out", and "yourself/myself" when they mean you/me respectively really grinds my gears.

"Please reach out to myself" for the double whammy. WTF does that even mean?!

We endure many meetings with creative types, and my second sentence is always; "We don't speak jargon here, English is our second language."

ha! you must deal with staff from D*ll!

reach out to my team, touch base and drop it in an email.

Talk about kicking goals.

"how am I doing?"

Have a great day!

Sir! Is there anything else I can help you with today (when I have helped you in the first place.

Nearly as bad as the w*nker saying oi vay all day, and he's under 30.

reach out  my ars*.

that's a lot of *****.s

• 4 weeks later...

My second vent in a few months....

Sitting at my desk working on my computer as I do every working day and the power goes off, shit! Check the meter box and all good, check tasnetworks website, no unplanned outages.

I call them, yes there is a planned outage from 9 to 3:30, I didn't receive notification. They said they had sent it 5 days ago, didn't receive it I said, but they sent it, round and round we go!!!

The upshot is as they have said that they sent it I am screwed!! So a whole day with no power means no work which means no pay and they couldn't give a toss!! FFS!!

They will be getting a very nice letter of complaint when I get power back!

One positive is that I have my son today still on holidays, so fun we shall have :)

31 minutes ago, KGB said:

@ANF So you have no income protection, back up system type stuff...

No as I am not self employed, I work remotely at home for the company I work for. Having been self employed in the past I know of no plans/ policies that would enact so quickly and cover you? Especially as it was a "planned" outage, even if they did not advise!! Also power rarely if at all ever goes out here....

Still nothing in today's mail! Tasnetworks will be getting an invoice for a days lost pay!!

11 hours ago, Al said:

Is this the whinge piss and moan thread? Cool.

I hate going back to work after a holiday.

done.

I really feel for you blokes.....:(

What about my problem...:o

I hate it when every day is like a Sunday.. and then your weekends just blend into weekdays and then you forget what the day actually is....and  you really don't care.:CoolDance:   

10 minutes ago, Niko said:

I hate it when every day is like a Sunday.. and then your weekends just blend into weekdays and then you forget what the day actually is....and  you really don't care.:CoolDance:   

For a change for you Niko I am more than willing to swap with you every now and then, you do my work and I will do, well, nothing..... :)

24 minutes ago, Niko said:

I'm just starting to feel what that's like. I reckon I like it. :D 

16 minutes ago, ANF said:

For a change for you Niko I am more than willing to swap with you every now and then, you do my work and I will do, well, nothing..... :)

No no...I know it's a dirty job and someone has to do it.....

But I will persevere..

Thanks for the offer though

On 1/17/2018 at 9:41 AM, Niko said:

I have 4 sundays a week and i am still over going to work.

Hey Niko you might be forgetting because your really old?:D

On 17 January 2018 at 9:41 AM, Niko said:

Not working either.....but can keep track of days by the doctors appointments ;)