1 hour ago, LeeM said:

So I'm sitting at home bored, and decided I'd see what I could buy if I sold the Ghetto backdate for between 50 and 60k, yet still owning a Porsche of some sort. Being as I'm not exactly flushed with coin

1- Cheapish 996, a cheap MGB to clean up and a Rotax Kart

2- Roady 944 up to $20k, a 944 rhd track car for $20k, 2 x Rotax Karts and a dirt bike (used)

3- 944 roady $20k, sorted MGB tarmac rally car $20k, 2 Karts and dirt bike

4- A lhd 911 longhood track car nearly ready to go

The list went on and on..... I really should find a hobby! (And I like MGB's ok?) 

I wouldn't call that a vent Lee, just a common occurrence amongst us automobile tragics.....  :ph34r:

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

So I'm sitting at home bored, and decided I'd see what I could buy if I sold the Ghetto backdate for between 50 and 60k, yet still owning a Porsche of some sort. Being as I'm not exactly flushed with coin

2- Roady 944 up to $20k, a 944 rhd track car for $20k, 2 x Rotax Karts and a dirt bike (used)

The list went on and on..... I really should find a hobby! (And I like MGB's ok?) 

I like MG's too:rolleyes:  First and only engine rebuild I've done with my own 2 hands was on our 72 BL roadster.  We also owned a ZA Magnette, MGA mk 2 resto (never finished), and a '74 factory BGTV8 (only car I've ever made money on, until hopefully, the 996??????)

On 30/01/2018 at 9:40 AM, TwoHeadsTas said:

and a '74 factory BGTV8 (only car I've ever made money on

That Would be hilarious to drive. I inquired about a Rover conversion when I nearly bought a GT coupla years ago before they went up in price. Bloody cheap really

9 minutes ago, LeeM said:

That Would be hilarious to drive. I inquired about a Rover conversion when I nearly bought a GT coupla years ago before they went up in price. Bloody cheap really

Great car to drive, heaps of torque, especially after I put SD1 cams in it after I blew a head gasket.  4 speed + electric overdrive on 4th only (they kept on blowing up the overdrive when used on 3rd like a normal MGB

On 1/30/2018 at 8:03 AM, LeeM said:

1- NA

2-  a 944 rhd track car for $20k,

3- NA

4- NA

I can help you with that if you make a real offer.

On 1/30/2018 at 7:03 AM, LeeM said:

240z :P

trying to sell mine is like repeatedly smashing forehead into a wall. 
enquiries come from either;

1) oldfart datsun weirdos who think everything they own is worth a million dollars, but everyone else's identical stuff is worth $4.50

2) younger newbies who like the shape and think it would be sick to stance out a 240z, but backpedal when they find out old cars actually smell and don't have cruise control or comfort access, and that they may actually have to fabricate something rather than bolt stuff in.

• 4 weeks later...

Some f....g moron just drove into the front of my Mercedes!! Oil spewing out everywhere, non driveable and a bit of damage! Son and wife in car but all good.

His excuse, one version was he didn't know the road rules (he turned in front of me) - he told this to the police!! - but he was actually on his phone :angry:

Now down to one car.

49 minutes ago, ANF said:

Some f....g moron just drove into the front of my Mercedes!! Oil spewing out everywhere, non driveable and a bit of damage! Son and wife in car but all good.

His excuse, one version was he didn't know the road rules (he turned in front of me) - he told this to the police!! - but he was actually on his phone :angry:

Now down to one car.

Boo!

12 hours ago, firstone said:

Fortunately no injuries. 

The cops will likely be all over the phone thing now it's a higher profile issue.

Thanks!

The guy changed his story that many times and the "witness" changed his story sop the police can't pursue the phone angle.....

First he told me that he could not see my car for the shadows??! Then he told my wife he was on his phone, finally he told the police that he was not familiar with the road rules and that he had to give way to the car driving towards him before he turned..... Idiot!!

Looking at my car today it is a mess, front diff busted, suspension hanging off, body work damage, plus what ever else is in there, don't think it will be coming home again..... :angry:

9 hours ago, Coastr said:

See if you can convince the insurance company that the Benz accident made the 928 drop a valve.

Now that would be nice :D

12 hours ago, LeeM said:

Glad the family are ok mate

Thanks Lee, cars can be easily replaced!

This phone distraction in cars is getting out of control, people sitting at the lights with their attention elsewhere also driving and updating facebook, it's just ridiculous, i had a guy cross into my lane on Monday, he was texting and i could clearly see the phone on his lap, he couldn't see the problem with it after i blasted the horn at him and i made the phone signal at him with my thumb and little finger, he responded by shrugging his shoulders, i hope he was a good lip reader.

4 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

International Visitor by any chance Adam????  Bugger being down to one car, but great that everyone's OK

He was an international but resides here and with a full Tassie licence.... I think he was just making shit up to try and deflect. Clearly had no idea and should not be driving!

6 minutes ago, TINGY944 said:

This phone distraction in cars is getting out of control, people sitting at the lights with their attention elsewhere also driving and updating facebook, it's just ridiculous, i had a guy cross into my lane on Monday, he was texting and i could clearly see the phone on his lap, he couldn't see the problem with it after i blasted the horn at him and i made the phone signal at him with my thumb and little finger, he responded by shrugging his shoulders, i hope he was a good lip reader.

It will only get worse as the current generation grow older who are attached to their phones 24/7.....

1 hour ago, TINGY944 said:

This phone distraction in cars is getting out of control

Well out of control. I commute to work by bike and pass a lot of slow moving or stationary traffic. Surprisingly high percentage of drivers have their phones in hand or on the lap!

My gripe lately is failing to indicate.

Had a plonker infront fail to indicate onto a main road, then ofcourse does 50 in a 60, so I pass him, and as I do he cuts me off badly enough for me to brake without indicating, so I'd had enough and gave him a few expletives. What does he do? Flashes his cop badge and waves his finger, so I wound down the window to have a crack and tell him his amazing driving is on dashcam, and would he like me to show his boss and A Current Affair? ? Wanker

Other than that, it's people that turn off of one main road into another, and don't keep to the left lane and just drift across to the right without indicating too! One day I'm going to speed up and let them hit me. I need a new van ?

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

My gripe lately is failing to indicate.

Had a plonker infront fail to indicate onto a main road, then ofcourse does 50 in a 60, so I pass him, and as I do he cuts me off badly enough for me to brake without indicating, so I'd had enough and gave him a few expletives. What does he do? Flashes his cop badge and waves his finger, so I wound down the window to have a crack and tell him his amazing driving is on dashcam, and would he like me to show his boss and A Current Affair? ? Wanker

Other than that, it's people that turn off of one main road into another, and don't keep to the left lane and just drift across to the right without indicating too! One day I'm going to speed up and let them hit me. I need a new van ?

I think that should be a "plod der".

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

Well out of control. I commute to work by bike and pass a lot of slow moving or stationary traffic. Surprisingly high percentage of drivers have their phones in hand or on the lap!

The coppers should have the power to seize the phone like the hoon laws allow them to seize the cars.

It should also go to a Magistrates Court, no on the spot fines, and the defendant should have to apply and give reasons why they should have their phone back.

I hate a/holes on their phones, they don't give a rats about other peoples lives.  (I don't care about theirs though to be fair)

The other alternative is loss of licence.   That would definitely cut it down. 

Being up higher in a van, you'd be surprised (or not) at how many I see that use their phones whilst driving or sitting at the lights. Watch P platers taking off slowly from the lights, and/or doing under the speed limit. 9/10 they'll be looking at their phones. You can dob them in as I did with one idiot who was all over the road. Cops said they'd chase him up to warn him. No idea if they did though

53 minutes ago, Niko said:

I think that should be a "plod der".

The coppers should have the power to seize the phone like the hoon laws allow them to seize the cars.

It should also go to a Magistrates Court, no on the spot fines, and the defendant should have to apply and give reasons why they should have their phone back.

I hate a/holes on their phones, they don't give a rats about other peoples lives.  (I don't care about theirs though to be fair)

The other alternative is loss of licence.   That would definitely cut it down. 

Impound the car and the phone for 1 month, plus $2000 fine to cover the cost of impounding.  2nd offence 6 months +$4000, 3rd one crush it all including license.

I see a gazillion of these dickheads daily.  

Coppers in plain clothes on the footpath radioing rego's ahead to the guillotine station.

40 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Being up higher in a van, you'd be surprised (or not) at how many I see that use their phones whilst driving or sitting at the lights. Watch P platers taking off slowly from the lights, and/or doing under the speed limit. 9/10 they'll be looking at their phones. You can dob them in as I did with one idiot who was all over the road. Cops said they'd chase him up to warn him. No idea if they did though

Warn him FFS. Slap him and then fine him more like...