Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

29 minutes ago, Proud Member said:

Any thoughts on what is a realistic value for this?  Not a bargain price just fair?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1988-Porsche-911-Carrera-Manual/SSE-AD-6421235?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-6421235

I would say if he left it original 120 to 130 depending on the buyer . 
Back date about the same possibly less 

12 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I would say if he left it original 120 to 130 depending on the buyer . 
Back date about the same possibly less 

Thanks. That’s interesting. So basically the car would be more valuable if left as an unmolested g50 coupe? This backdate was done in 2007 when a 3.2 would have been 40 to 50k. How times change. 

25 minutes ago, Proud Member said:

Thanks. That’s interesting. So basically the car would be more valuable if left as an unmolested g50 coupe? This backdate was done in 2007 when a 3.2 would have been 40 to 50k. How times change. 

Dunno . Way I see it is that it doesn’t add value just will interest a buyer that likes backdates .

Nice car . I am sure others will have a different opinion 

I think you are right Wilson if anything a genuine unmodified 88 Carrera should demand more interest , a back date really dosn,t justify the higher price , and I know the seller didn,t pay that for it as I recall the car being sold by its original Victorian owner ..

I was lucky enough to see that car in the flesh when it was completed by Zag a number of years back it was at that time a very impressive  build  ,,,,the car has changed hands a few times know and the current owner " seller" has removed the carrera side scripts , and in my view somewhat let the car go ,,,the car is certainly not looking as well presented as it did when I first saw it all those years back ...

images when Zag completed it ..

BILD0536.jpg

BILD0539.jpg

2 hours ago, Proud Member said:

Any thoughts on what is a realistic value for this?  Not a bargain price just fair?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1988-Porsche-911-Carrera-Manual/SSE-AD-6421235?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-6421235

I’m assuming it’s essentially a bog stock 3.2 Carrera under there? To some that could be a good thing (robust, reliable etc) but to others it really puts this in the vanity backdate category as aside from the “look” there is nothing else really period esk. Its just a look, what’s that worth? 

Say for example it had a more period engine like a peppy 2.7, then it would have more appeal to someone like me. STD 3.2, not so much. But, as I said this maybe a good thing for the right buyer. 

Good buying would be low to mid 100’s, but it’s a tricky market and the market for a car exactly like this isn’t that big. 

No doubt the seller spent a bomb but it’s a difficult car to price, have to start somewhere I guess. 

11 minutes ago, hugh said:

I’m assuming it’s essentially a bog stock 3.2 Carrera under there? To some that could be a good thing (robust, reliable etc) but to others it really puts this in the vanity backdate category as aside from the “look” there is nothing else really period esk. Its just a look, what’s that worth? 

Say for example it had a more period engine like a peppy 2.7, then it would have more appeal to someone like me. STD 3.2, not so much. But, as I said this maybe a good thing for the right buyer. 

Good buying would be low to mid 100’s, but it’s a tricky market and the market for a car exactly like this isn’t that big. 

No doubt the seller spent a bomb but it’s a difficult car to price, have to start somewhere I guess. 

Also as I understand it most Zag builds are on non Aust delivered  donor cars , some are RHD from Japan , but if anyone is talking about the specific value of this car , this also probably need to be considered.

other than that it looks like a very well put together example and agree with Hughs and Wilson 59’s comments.

plus Arnages comments , posts crossed over .

Step back 4 years and over a year or two, 6 or 7 Zags were advertised on Carsales usually $90 - $140. Some sat for a year. This was at the end and after the general 911 price explosion of the 2014 - 15  - 16 period. Re the 6 or 7  I mentioned, some of the Zags (most?) advertised were imports, and (some?)  started life as LHD and SC's, Carreras and 964's. A couple had a 3.6 @Philbeeand then a variance of 3.0 or 3.2 and G50 or 915. This all alters the price IMO. I saw one sit at the Healey factory a few months and was very very nice at $100 and sold just a bit less I think. Saw a desperate sale that someone here picked up I think that started around $95 and headed down over 2 or 3 weeks around $5000 at a time and departed the market advertised at $75. So depending on cond, import, conversion, who knows. I would say if Aust del and excellent cond maybe buy price should be around $120 - $130? Maybe $20 - 30 less if dirty lefty import? Who knows ...... also no mention of if it's a low klm rebuild (hotted?)or a still mostly stock 140 klm motor .....

2 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Step back 4 years and over a year or two, 6 or 7 Zags were advertised on Carsales usually $90 - $140. Some sat for a year. This was at the end and after the general 911 price explosion of the 2014 - 15  - 16 period. Some of the Zags (most?) advertised were imports and (some?)  started life as LHD. A couple had a 3.6 @Philbeeand then a variance of 3.0 or 3.2 and G50 or 915. This all alters the price IMO. I saw one sit at the Healey factory a few months and was very very nice at $100 and sold just a bit less I think. Saw a desperate sale that someone here picked up I think that started around $95 and headed down over 2 or 3 weeks around $5000 at a time and departed the market advertised at $75. So depending on cond, import, conversion, who knows. I would say if Aust del and excellent cond maybe buy price should be around $120 - $130? Maybe $20 - 30 less if dirty lefty import? Who knows ......

Spot on, I looked at the white one that was at the Healy factory and was pretty keen.

Then popped up the C3.0 I have now that had been through a few hands ( Skidmarks , Armage and 9er).

4 minutes ago, SWC3.0 said:

Spot on, I looked at the white one that was at the Healy factory and was pretty keen.

Then popped up the C3.0 I have now that had been through a few hands ( Skidmarks , Armage and 9er).

I am so pleased you like that car, I loved it , Skids did the right thing as did 9er.

2 hours ago, SWC3.0 said:

Agree with all the comments C3.0 was well done by the royalty here 

And for the Zag Viper

I looked closely as it had on face value a lot of appeal and Zag gave me the feedback the build had been well funded project not a cut corners story like many of their earlier cars .. good honest feedback this wasn’t a crashed or shitter car being converted it was a goodie from the get go . 

I flew and looked further when the car was at Healy factory it looked good but was mechanically tired , I think for 200 I would want  a better Dash and interior and for a better spoiler fit if I recall it was 120s , can’t believe it’s climbed that much in value .. doesn’t let look like it’s had much invested since it was in Melb

Big dollars but still a looker .. I would build my own , it needs my 3.8 motor 😅

And a well built gearbox and good suspension setup in my books 

Thanks for all the helpful comments on the zag car. It sounds like it’s well known. 
I’ll have to wait a little longer to satisfy my viper green itch. I suspect the seller won’t entertain an offer in the low 100s so I’ll pass on this one. 
If anyone hears of another I’d be interested. 

1 minute ago, Proud Member said:

Thanks for all the helpful comments on the zag car. It sounds like it’s well known. 
I’ll have to wait a little longer to satisfy my viper green itch. I suspect the seller won’t entertain an offer in the low 100s so I’ll pass on this one. 
If anyone hears of another I’d be interested. 

Stay away from the Tangerine car that was on the floor at the same time unless someone’s done some serious repairs to the underside .. 

My question .. what would u buy it for ? 

1 bid what would you pop on it ? Knowing I want it ? 

21 minutes ago, symsy said:

Stay away from the Tangerine car that was on the floor at the same time unless someone’s done some serious repairs to the underside .. 

My question .. what would u buy it for ? 

1 bid what would you pop on it ? Knowing I want it ? 

Zag quoted me 150k for viper green car based on left to right imported 915 3.2 donor car. They are mega busy and wouldn’t deliver until April 2021. 

For this one I’d offer 130k with the expectation that it’ll need some fettling 

5 minutes ago, Proud Member said:

Zag quoted me 150k for viper green car based on left to right imported 915 3.2 donor car. They are mega busy and wouldn’t deliver until April 2021. 

Yup I would bid in similar arena maybe a bit less 

7 minutes ago, Proud Member said:

Do you have your heart set on a backdate?