Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I struggle with the interior but love the colour . There was one similar here earlier this year same colour with chocolate leather interior which looked sweet 

Ha. Funny. Mrs Luzzo said just the same.

Chocolate leather sounds sweet.

1 hour ago, michel said:

This is gold sunshine 

IMG_0077.jpeg

my old T (now in WA) with first owners Palm Springs  circa 1973

These guys look like they've just been invited to play tennis with Austin powers  👨 

I agree Gold was so cool in that era. 

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, very similar to your previous 3.2 mate.

No wonder you like it?

My first 911. At first I thought it was my old one as it's not a common colour being special order. The unkind call it "Old Man Racing Beige".......

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm struggling with the Gold  :Confused02:

White gold is very light compared to the gold car in Michel's post and looks like silver in strong sunlight.

LcJsJRu.jpg

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I struggle with the interior but love the colour . There was one similar here earlier this year same colour with chocolate leather interior which looked sweet 

I dropped my brown interior car off at Classic Throttle Shop and later noticed in the advert it had become "Chocolate"!    I think it was recently resold by CTS.

Few Porsche cars coming up in the next Shannnons Auction. 

Here are just 2 of 6 listed so far:

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2020-shannons-winter-timed-online-auction/W0398B07TJZBENU8/

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2020-shannons-winter-timed-online-auction/D4FBDB72BXD0S1OZ/

I guess that there are a few extra cars this time round, given Auctions have been on Covid hold. 

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

So, given the history, it will be interesting to see if todays market treats it the same way 😮

27 minutes ago, WOKA said:

Gold car is now sold.. 

I guess that answers that. 

10 hours ago, symsy said:

Don’t worry ur one of the good guys we are not gonna throw u peanuts 

Gotta love these concepts , nut and bolt resto , bare metal , is that with or without removing the rust 

Prep is always where the money is 

2k sand blast 

2k good epoxy/POR

3k for primer and paint for the car 

Sprayer 2-3k

Polish and reassembly 50 hrs 2.5k 

sounds more reasonable 

agreed

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

What was the original advertised price?

85k, seemed reasonable for the file of receipts that came with it including engine and gearbox rebuild in the last 60k, all suspension and brakes redone and upgraded, same owner for the last 13 years etc etc. Matching numbers.

Nothing else on the market compares really. You could possibly call it cheap, or maybe the other are overpriced..

1 hour ago, WOKA said:

85k, seemed reasonable for the file of receipts that came with it including engine and gearbox rebuild in the last 60k, all suspension and brakes redone and upgraded, same owner for the last 13 years etc etc. Matching numbers.

Nothing else on the market compares really. You could possibly call it cheap, or maybe the other are overpriced..

I'd call it cheap, find me another Aust del 3.2 coupe with matching numbers and history for that price.

25 minutes ago, Stepo said:

I'd call it cheap, find me another Aust del 3.2 coupe with matching numbers and history for that price.

I would agree! I would go as far as saying it was superbly cheap given I have seen targas trade for more than that.

15 minutes ago, Turra said:

Yep. Very cheap car. Must really have wanted the cash. 

I thought it might have been one of those Car Sales adds that mysteriously pop-up years after the car has been sold.  Someone above recalls seeing the photos a while back, so I would not be surprised if this was a 'mistake" or scam.

11 hours ago, WOKA said:

Gold car is now sold..  I didn't get a look in and have been on standby for the last couple of hours.. 

Second in line and no cigar.

27 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

I thought it might have been one of those Car Sales adds that mysteriously pop-up years after the car has been sold.  Someone above recalls seeing the photos a while back, so I would not be surprised if this was a 'mistake" or scam.

I believe WOKA may have contacted the seller given his feedback above, if so, no scam?

No scam - I spoke at length with the owner, however, 'the winna' was scheduled to go check the car at 8:30pm, and I was to go asap after that bloke left.  I got a text after 10 saying the car was sold.  I did rub salt in saying that I hoped that he got full ask.

2 hours ago, WOKA said:

No scam - I spoke at length with the owner, however, 'the winna' was scheduled to go check the car at 8:30pm, and I was to go asap after that bloke left.  I got a text after 10 saying the car was sold.  I did rub salt in saying that I hoped that he got full ask.

Genuine sale, the buyer is active here and knOws a good car when he sees it.

Hey everyone, letting you know that I've decided to move the X51 onto a new owner.  Since I bought it I've had an ill wife and 2 kids and I just haven't been able to drive it as much as I wanted to.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1999/sse-ad-6745821/

Maybe this sets a price for 996.1 C2 M X51's or maybe I'm crazy -  @symsy can't stop negotiating against himself (don't tell him) 😂 Either way happy to sell it to an enthusiast within the PFA community.

Cheers,

Al

8 minutes ago, AL911 said:

Hey everyone, letting you know that I've decided to move the X51 onto a new owner.  Since I bought it I've had an ill wife and 2 kids and I just haven't been able to drive it as much as I wanted to.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1999/sse-ad-6745821/

Maybe this sets a price for 996.1 C2 M X51's or maybe I'm crazy -  @symsy can't stop negotiating against himself (don't tell him) 😂 Either way happy to sell it to an enthusiast within the PFA community.

Cheers,

Al

Ah come on Did I offer more than 3 camels

Looks like it helped lift ur sperm count successfully