Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Was looking at this car again yesterday, it is on display at the National Automobile Museum of Tasmania in Launceston.  Believe there has been a fair amount of interest in it.  Seeing as you dirty rotten virus ridden mainlanders can't come and have a look easily, if anyone is seriously contemplating this car, and wants more info, detailed pictures etc, let me know.  As I'm on the Board of Directors for the museum I do get some special privileges which may prove useful 😁

I’ve had a fair few of my Tassie customers call me something very similar 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Was looking at this car again yesterday, it is on display at the National Automobile Museum of Tasmania in Launceston.  Believe there has been a fair amount of interest in it.  Seeing as you dirty rotten virus ridden mainlanders can't come and have a look easily, if anyone is seriously contemplating this car, and wants more info, detailed pictures etc, let me know.  As I'm on the Board of Directors for the museum I do get some special privileges which may prove useful 😁

Same car?  9,000rpm GT3 pffft........rev limiter set at 13,500 rpm 😍😍  Love the sound of these things.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

Same car?  9,000rpm GT3 pffft........rev limiter set at 13,500 rpm 😍😍  Love the sound of these things.

Believe is same car.  Looks a little twitchy with that short wheel base that looks almost as wide as it is long.....

12 hours ago, LeeM said:

That video is absolutley BONKERS! Jeebus that thing is fast 😳

And rally drivers are off their fkn heads certifiable

Seconded. Absolutely mesmerising and terrifying at the same time!

Love the boxy cars from that era. There is a Renault 5 Turbo 2 RHD on and off carsales the last 6 months that I keep going back to.

Not quite the same but also a bit left field I have just discovered the Toyota Blade Master G which is basically a 07-12 Corolla... where Toyota boffins decided to shoehorn the 2GR-FE engine into the front. For those not familiar with Toyota engine codes, it is a 3.5 litre V6! Can be now imported to Australia for only around 10-12K and possibly the ultimate sleeper? Mum's Corolla hatch with a 206KW V6!

12 hours ago, LeeM said:

That video is absolutley BONKERS! Jeebus that thing is fast 😳

And rally drivers are off their fkn heads certifiable

26 minutes ago, 1st said:

If there’s a *more* stupendous // terrifying in car video I’d be astounded to see it

When I first watched this, I just thought I must be slow on the road. Now its clear this driver is superhuman. Probably insane, and lacking will to live at the same time. And I am still slow.

59 minutes ago, 1st said:

If there’s a *more* stupendous // terrifying in car video I’d be astounded to see it

Thread drift but its for a good cause;

Within the first few seconds you'll see the commitment here really puts the previous video in perspective. This is on (or very near) the limit of the car and road on much more technical stages. Plenty more where this came from. 

2:00 min mark bends my mind every time. 

5 minutes ago, tk111 said:

I soiled myself watching from my desk... Dear God alright!

The composure of the co-driver is phenomenal. 

25 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Cheap 930 by all appearance. Very low ks, Import Japan, St Africa?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1987-porsche-930-turbo-manual/SSE-AD-6760700/?Cr=0

Yes, back on track! 

Anyone after a 991.2 GT3 being auctioned online Thursday by Administrators for a company that appears to have gone belly up.  View in Seaford Victoria tomorrow.

3657 klms  Red PDK

https://auctions.hilcoapac.com/auctions/catalog/id/668?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=1547+|+traffic+|+vic+|+2017+red+porsche+911&fbclid=IwAR2u30pIv8O6EuUBfyCuAcoTEerHeKNBDwcCOv2C15fCBy3DY2htL5RgM1Q

41 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Anyone after a 991.2 GT3 being auctioned online Thursday by Administrators for a company that appears to have gone belly up.  View in Seaford Victoria tomorrow.

3657 klms  Red PDK

https://auctions.hilcoapac.com/auctions/catalog/id/668?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=1547+|+traffic+|+vic+|+2017+red+porsche+911&fbclid=IwAR2u30pIv8O6EuUBfyCuAcoTEerHeKNBDwcCOv2C15fCBy3DY2htL5RgM1Q

bit late to the party @Lucky Phil :LOL:

Check out the 991 GT3 Market Watch thread

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

I came on here to ask about this one. Anyone know?

Seems crazy cheap  

Seems that way. Surely can't be Oz del, and in proper nick would be around $250 - $300 with those k's if genuine. That's why I thought Jap or SA or other import and still very low priced. Someone who knows will chime in 

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

I came on here to ask about this one. Anyone know?

Seems crazy cheap  

Seems that way. Surely can't be Oz del, and in proper nick would be around $250 - $300 with those k's if genuine. That's why I thought Jap or SA or other import and still very low priced. Someone who knows will chime in 

Hhahahaha so cheap I replied twice! 

2 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Your expertise is vastly more than mine James, is it an Aust car? Or telltale signs of an import?

I’m going to start a book ...whose laying bets 

it’s an import and probably from the rising sun