Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Was able to see this crazy beast recently. It's absolutely ridiculous in the flesh. I could only imagine it would be equally ridiculous to drive  :Evil:

1042603174_PorscheGemballa997Turbo.jpg.1b1a0c08590a7ac8bacc2180ea274548.jpg

https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-GEMBALLA-Avelanche-GT-EVO-R~85400

I wonder who paid $850k for that in 2007......😳

23 minutes ago, DJM said:

I wonder who paid $850k for that in 2007......😳

Yep... crazy money. 

Apparently they took delivery of an Aus 997 Turbo, and then spent the balance on Gemballa upgrades. 

To then only drive it 4200kms in 13 years (one owner iirc). 

10 hours ago, luzzo said:

Yep... crazy money. 

Apparently they took delivery of an Aus 997 Turbo, and then spent the balance on Gemballa upgrades. 

To then only drive it 4200kms in 13 years (one owner iirc). 

For less money in 2007, you could have bought the Turbo ($327k) PLUS a GT3RS ($299k) PLUS a Cayenne turbo ($215k).  I assume the guy who commissioned it already had his garage stuffed with toys.

I’d like to have a try though......full noise through the back blocks of Richmond 😀

If the purchase invoices from my old Gemballa taught me anything it’s the affirmation that it was a great way to wash money was to buy a Gemballa. One invoice would be for 29,000 euro with say a set of wheels being 12,000 euro. Then on another invoice you would see “Customer Rebate” for say 8,000 euro. It wasn’t to hard to work out that if you spent XXX,XXX building a car that you are going to get a percentage of that back in “Rebates”.

The cars cost drug money to build but t’s nothing to loose your head over. I can see why the German government got very interested in their transactions.   

1 hour ago, Uncle said:

The cars cost drug money to build but t’s nothing to loose your head over. I can see why the German government got very interested in their transactions.   

I see what you did ^^ :lol: 

Yes, nothing to lose your head over, as you lay lifeless in the back alley's of Joberg... 

9 minutes ago, WOKA said:

Anyone know anything about this car..? Seems like a nice solid unit..

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-6663147/?Cr=20

I feel as though I've seen it before , which probably lines up with the sellers info.

Other than that it looks like good value for a RHD Carrera 3.0

58 minutes ago, WOKA said:

Anyone know anything about this car..? Seems like a nice solid unit..

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-6663147/?Cr=20

Getting info out of him is fun. I have just noticed he has updated the Ad with a 'privacy protect' phone number, where Carsales puts you through to his phone without revealing his number. Until now, there was no phone contact available, just Carsales messaging. All of my questions to him have been met with one syllable answers. Haven't been able to have a conversation with him as yet.

The car is a 2.7 with a 3.0 engine fitted. 

After that, I gave up trying. 

39 minutes ago, Arnage said:

Its a 1976 2.7 911 with a later model 3.0 SC engine (1981).

Thank goodness for that, I know the market has taken a down turn, but thought if an Aus delivered C3.0 is $80k, there’s no hope for a converted LHD!!😂😂

If you described this to me: Targa, blue, red interior... I don’t think I’d like the sound of it, but for some reason, this combo looks pretty cool and is topped off by being a manual... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-911-4s-991-manual-awd-my16/OAG-AD-19039322

00B5B22D-A628-4B18-A09A-F9C6D7A3B7E2.jpeg

5 hours ago, philipk said:

Fantastic but for that interior colour!!

😂😂

Would be quite happy to live with that.  Often a case of don't diss it if you haven't tried it.  We had a seal grey 987 with Terracotta interior, some people thought it was hideous, but we really loved the combination, would have another in a heartbeat 🙂   I think I'd get used to the red very quickly, as it does look to be a darker red rather than a bright red, which might be a little harder to get used to to.....  I certainly wouldn't mind a dark red interior in my Arctic Silver GT3 - that is effectively the hero colour combo of the release cars at the 986 launch.