Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

When was the last time you saw a G50 coupe for sale? I cannot remember seeing an 87 or 88 for quite some time. Maybe that’s what a stellar example is worth now. Not sure. It’s worth what someone is willing to pay I guess... like everything.

13 hours ago, base said:

A fastidious owner but it’s only had a service once every four years on average? 
Looks nice though. Shame no one has enjoyed driving it much. 

It’s really not about how regular these cars are serviced at that age ? .. it is that it’s been cared for of course 

I have owned 4-5 cars concurrently , when things perish or age you fix em , many times my cars get sent out for service on a round robin basis e.g a car with 30kms with 10 services is plenty , a 25 year old car with 80k also with 16 services and other checks and major birthday run through every decade plenty in my view .

I have sold a few cars In the past few years and to be honest the rise of the paperwork shufflers annoys the hell out of me ...

nothing personal my end , about your comment , in fact I would love the debate ... thoughts  from the masses out there ? 

How much servicing is enough ..?

As for the 88 specifically , last of the era .. looks tasty 

29 minutes ago, symsy said:

It’s really not about how regular these cars are serviced at that age ? .. it is that it’s been cared for of course 

I have owned 4-5 cars concurrently , when things perish or age you fix em , many times my cars get sent out for service on a round robin basis e.g a car with 30kms with 10 services is plenty , a 25 year old car with 80k also with 16 services and other checks and major birthday run through every decade plenty in my view .

I have did a few cars In the past few years and to be honest the rise of the paperwork shufflers annoys the hell out of me ...

nothing personal my end , about your comment , in fact I would love the debate ... thoughts  from the masses out there ? 

How much servicing is enough ..?

As for the 88 specifically , last of the era .. looks tasty 

People who seem to know more about oil than me talk about used oil becoming acidic and attacking bearings so I would have though at least regular fluid changes would be worthwhile to keep ones precious low mileage object in top shape. I just thought it odd that they quoted how many services it’s had considering that they are few. 

8 hours ago, luzzo said:

About 2 weeks ago:

1022889721_Porsche19893.2WhiteCarrera-Porschaden.thumb.jpg.b5deee0c5dda1a511d5a2550410aaead.jpg

I remember that car, don’t know why I didn’t think of it. If I recall it was on the market for a couple of weeks only. Good colour as well. I guess the extra 200,000 kms would have some impact in price, though maybe not $90k. Who knows?

10 hours ago, luzzo said:

Price aside, I'm intrigued as to how long it took the seller to get this lovely car into this position... 

2067301488_1988Carreracarsales.png.6473e07055f3dcfd821b4113883b88a4.png

:Confused02:

Probably fried the clutch.  That’ll bring the price back to the market after the PPI! 😀

Still ... I’ve spoken to a few that are dealers in the P car market and they are struggling to get stock and one said he’s just had his 4 best months ever.

As the owner of a v.nice original example Aussie 84 Carrera with only 185,000km, I'm surprised to see some of the asking prices of these 3.2 cars. There's a couple on the market now over $150K plus. Would have thought this Covid thing would be bringing prices back as people affected by a struggling economy offload their "toys". Apparently I have no idea. Maybe it's just the really good examples that are seeking top dollar?

Also interested to hear other people's opinion regarding the servicing period on these older cars given I'd assume the majority would be doing well under 5,000km p.a. Had mine recently serviced after my first year of ownership and minimal km's mainly to keep the service book up to date. It had been serviced at the time I had the PPI done.

2 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Probably fried the clutch.  That’ll bring the price back to the market after the PPI! 😀

Still ... I’ve spoken to a few that are dealers in the P car market and they are struggling to get stock and one said he’s just had his 4 best months ever.

When yo cannot go shopping in Biarritz babee... 

15 hours ago, luzzo said:

OK, here comes one of those 'Kerrigan' moments...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1988/sse-ad-6822750/

1988 3.2 Carrera $220,000. 

image_220.jpg

the Wimbledon Green 964 was listed @210k ??

anyone have an idea what it traded out at?

which would you prefer ?

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

No annodised window frames, G series interior inclusive of dashboard.....

5 hours ago, michel said:

the Wimbledon Green 964 was listed @210k ??

I think the Green 964  was listed at $220,000. If it's the one that was at Porschaden?

5 hours ago, michel said:

which would you prefer ?

I really don't think I could bring myself to part with that amount of cash $$ for either.

2 hours ago, ber914 said:

Pretty car! ... and in your neck of the woods @michel.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1969-porsche-911-e-manual/OAG-AD-19151694?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-19151694

Sold already ? Do you remenber the asking price?

Rob

Not showing as sold when I click on the link ... anyhoo ... $169,911

5 hours ago, luzzo said:

I think the Green 964  was listed at $220,000. If it's the one that was at Porschaden?

I really don't think I could bring myself to part with that amount of cash $$ for either.

It dropped to $210,000 on Carsales