Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 hours ago, crsedge said:

Especially for a car that has not been not been running for a significant number of years....

Yep ... $308,500..! (plus Buyers premium)

Makes the 1976 930 Turbo look like good value ($232,000)

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2020-shannons-winter-timed-online-auction/W0398B07TJZBENU8/

One of our clients bought this a few years back. He seemed to have a good feeling about value at the time ($49,000):

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2014-shannons-sydney-autumn-classic-auction/FE57FW01FHK762BE/

13 minutes ago, WGA said:

Pretty sure it’s “silver anniversary” and “limited edition” given the ad mentions that about 263 times.....😂

170 grand LHD.......😳

2 hours ago, WGA said:

$170k for a LHD mid-year S. Not even a C3... It looks neat but someone has been smoking something if they think it is worth that.

Just now, MFX said:

$170k for a LHD mid-year S. Not even a C3... It looks neat but someone has been smoking something if they think it is worth that.

Better pics here, I guess people can ask however much they like, but the market has the final say.

On 26/08/2020 at 19:03, luzzo said:

Yep ... $308,500..! (plus Buyers premium)

Makes the 1976 930 Turbo look like good value ($232,000)

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2020-shannons-winter-timed-online-auction/W0398B07TJZBENU8/

One of our clients bought this a few years back. He seemed to have a good feeling about value at the time ($49,000):

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2014-shannons-sydney-autumn-classic-auction/FE57FW01FHK762BE/

I can't believe that turbo went for $49k in 2014.  Was it a non-runner?  Unbelievable!  2014 was well after the run-up in prices started.

7 hours ago, Coastr said:

I can't believe that turbo went for $49k in 2014.  Was it a non-runner?  Unbelievable!  2014 was well after the run-up in prices started.

It was a bargain @Coastr.  It was in good running order, just that the paint was not pristine (but good & original) and the interior was worn in places. This was probably enough to put people off, and he ended up with a ripper car at an amazing price. The car came with great service history, good ownership provenance and ran well. He drove it to meet up with me a couple of weeks later, and it looked great in person. 

6 minutes ago, luzzo said:

It was a bargain @Coastr.  It was in good running order, just that the paint was not pristine (but good & original) and the interior was worn in places. This was probably enough to put people off, and he ended up with a ripper car at an amazing price. The car came with great service history, good ownership provenance and ran well. He drove it to meet up with me a couple of weeks later, and it looked great in person. 

I've been a keen bidder on 930 cars and have been buying and selling them for 10 yrs and the forum will always point one out if I'm asleep at the wheel, I've got records of a couple selling at Shannon's in 2014 in the $200K range, your friend is obviously a very clever purchaser.

3 minutes ago, 9er said:

I've been a keen bidder on 930 cars and have been buying and selling them for 10 yrs and the forum will always point one out if I'm asleep at the wheel, I've got records of a couple selling at Shannon's in 2014 in the $200K range, your friend is obviously a very clever purchaser.

I too would have been keen at the time @9er but I wasn't going to bid against him. 

He sure had his bargain radar on target, but sometimes good buys like these are a combination of good luck & timing as well. 

Yes there is a big price differential but the two cars appear miles apart in terms of condition and money spent on each.

From an international perspective, it doesn’t necessarily seem to be too far out of the ball park.

And just as a side comment, I can’t help but get the feeling that this forum is full of Darryl Kerrigan “how much ?!....tell him he’s dreamin’!!!!”. It doesn’t seem to matter what price a car is put on the market for...it’s always seems to be too much.