Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

6 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Not taking away from any professional advice or suggestions, but a ton of us have bought cars sight unseen over the internet and also seen cars and bought without a PPI ... and I’m sure that over 50% of the above purchases would have been knocked back if they had of been inspected.

I personally would have missed out on a couple of good cars had that “air of doubt” been planted in my over active thought process.

When I bought my SC on ebay one night (yep, last minute click of the mouse) I had to have the brakes rebuilt, and new suspension on all corners. It came with 1 receipt for an air conditioning re-gas

Yes, it needed a couple of maintenance items over my 6 years of ownership, but it was seriously one of the best cars I’ve ever owned. 

I have bought cars from Perth, rural Australia and just down the road, no PPI and / or sight unseen. Don't miss out due to fear.

The trick is to buy the owner as much as the car. You can easily tell the ones that don’t care and the car is just another car. The decent ones are owned by enthusiasts that will talk all night about their “baby” and know every nut and bolt.

Good luck in you search ... and remember ... regardless of what other people think ... a good deal is when both the buyer and the seller walk away happy.

Exactly, i have bought 4 Porsche's without a PPI, no major problems up till now, i will probably do it again someday as well. I always did lots of homework and negotiated down the price due to stuff i have found myself. I have also made a couple of bucks on every car i sold, so far, happy days.

4 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Not wanting to bring up horrific nightmares for you, but I’ve been reading the 996 thread from the start, and a lot of your 996 chronicles are there in print for all to see ... judging by what I’m reading, that's not the only one .. :cool07:

I'd say at least 3 or 9 were "Ugh, shoulda bought that...", yet theres a few air cooleds too  before the prices qent bonkers, but thats for another thread

38 minutes ago, MFX said:

That sounds like a very cheap rebuild...?

Or an expensive one .. top end only then 

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

This SC looks gorgeous.

https://classicthrottleshop.com/1980-porsche-911-sc-guards-red/

I see a familiar PFA logo sticker on the window... 

Amazing it grew in price enroute to the promised land of freedom