Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I actually think that has been for sale for a while but previously with pictures . Obviously selling with pictures does not  work so this new strategy is clearly going to result in a sale .

I like this 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1986-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-6784580/?Cr=8

What..?  25 Pictures..!

I'm not going to look through all of those.  How ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, mrar said:

Autohaus had a yellow carrera 2.7 in stock recently if I remember correctly.

Not listed anymore on their site.

Same car ?

Same car, owner is a friend, they (AH) hadn't taken it off car sales last time I looked, maybe thats why no photos.

18 minutes ago, James P said:

Wasn't it originally around $40K before he was made aware what the car was?

I remember seeing all the shenanigans of Ole and his blue 3.2 Carrera, or was it a 964?

But don’t remember Gunter?  I actually quite like what he is selling , but sounds like a few months of fun ahead.

26 minutes ago, 9er said:

Fuck me, our best and brightest have tried and failed to make a deal on this car, I reckon I remember old mate Michel on a Midnight Runner.

Yes it was $39K initially

So ... to the Brains Trust. What is this car worth in todays market?? (and I’m talking fair market value, not pain in the ass Gunter price) ..

Opportunities to purchase a genuine Aust, matching number 2.7L Carrera in a fantastic colour (assuming that is what it is) aren't that frequent. So like anything, it will ultimately come down to demand - how many people are chasing one of these and are up for the challenge? 

I guess how easy the seller is to deal with will also play its part. I'd say its not cheap but I don't see it being an unrealistic starting point, again if it all checks out.  

On 22/08/2020 at 10:16, 9er said:

Fuck me, our best and brightest have tried and failed to make a deal on this car, I reckon I remember old mate Michel on a Midnight Runner.

Yes it was $39K initially

First spin of the bottle .... was one of the few Who got to actually view the car ... in hindsight I think ole mate Gunter should have been playing truth or dare...

Was in adelaide for family,  So timing good . Remember sitting in the lounge room with a bag bulging with cash , eating delicious home baked German treats by Mrs Gunter,  while MR Gunter was fielding calls left and centre ... at the point of let’s transact he got all wobbly and had mrs gunter tut tutting him  For not proceeding as agreed and having me come out all that way  ... the stories abound on this car and it’s multiple transactionS 😂😂😂

gawd I though this thing had sold by him at least three or four times since .

I think at peak hysteria he was trying to squeeze 240k in a falling market 

What it sell for this  time ? 

P.S it’s a Ridgey didge dingo balls Oz 74 carrera Kermit targa albeit needing a good polish 

image_60.jpeg

57 minutes ago, James P said:

Believe the driver was going to be charged over this.  It was a "Tour" car that must have been going a zillion miles an hour when it crashed, the photos showed it way out in the middle of a paddock after coming off the highway......

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Believe the driver was going to be charged over this.  It was a "Tour" car that must have been going a zillion miles an hour when it crashed, the photos showed it way out in the middle of a paddock after coming off the highway......

Where’s the wing, stuck up a tree?  That’s a MAJOR crash.