Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

20 hours ago, WGA said:

Yes there is a big price differential but the two cars appear miles apart in terms of condition and money spent on each.

From an international perspective, it doesn’t necessarily seem to be too far out of the ball park.

And just as a side comment, I can’t help but get the feeling that this forum is full of Darryl Kerrigan “how much ?!....tell him he’s dreamin’!!!!”. It doesn’t seem to matter what price a car is put on the market for...it’s always seems to be too much.

Isn’t that what the arm chair forum experts are for? 😂. Much easier to be critical than to vote with cash 🤑

24 minutes ago, WGA said:

I am no expert on mid-70s 911s but is the rear deck model badge the wrong script and in the wrong position?

Definitely in the wrong position ... the rear reflector is also wrong .. comes from a late 80’s 911.

Also, should have chrome trim around doors and windows .. the passenger door has black ones and that is a bit odd ..

Otherwise it looks like a cool 70’s 911! ...

18 minutes ago, WGA said:

I am no expert on mid-70s 911s but is the rear deck model badge the wrong script and in the wrong position?

Looks like SC script to me

So, pay him the ask & a bit more so the rest of us forum members don't have to get all " Darryl Kerrigan" (who ever he is) about how much it is or how much it's worth because the engine lid badge is at the wrong position or incorrect year.

Tell me this Mr WGA when was the last time you never negotiated the purchase price (or tried) of a car down?

Curious😀

On 03/09/2020 at 09:43, 9er said:

I've been a keen bidder on 930 cars and have been buying and selling them for 10 yrs and the forum will always point one out if I'm asleep at the wheel, I've got records of a couple selling at Shannon's in 2014 in the $200K range, your friend is obviously a very clever purchaser.

If I recall correctly, his not the only one on here who was a clever purchaser back around 2014.     I went for a spin around the Dak Dak block in a 930 a couple of years ago and fell out of the passenger seat  when  the owner told me what he paid for it in circa 2014.   200k in 2014,  would of covered   something like mine ( a boosted 996)  and  maybe just enough change to pick up a very tired aircooled 911 along with his  930 purchase.   How goods the 930  boosting in second gear. Just seems to keep pulling and no need for 3rd gear let alone 4th. 

On 03/09/2020 at 22:50, WGA said:

Yes there is a big price differential but the two cars appear miles apart in terms of condition and money spent on each.

From an international perspective, it doesn’t necessarily seem to be too far out of the ball park.

And just as a side comment, I can’t help but get the feeling that this forum is full of Darryl Kerrigan “how much ?!....tell him he’s dreamin’!!!!”. It doesn’t seem to matter what price a car is put on the market for...it’s always seems to be too much.

Perhaps some on here are like  Darryl Kerrigan and don't see the value  in parking and polishing.  Wasn't he into getting his car out of the driveway so he could drive it more than once a quarter ( was that a permanent non factory  battery trickle charge connector  in the frunk)  

16 hours ago, smit2100 said:

If I recall correctly, his not the only one on here who was a clever purchaser back around 2014.     I went for a spin around the Dak Dak block in a 930 a couple of years ago and fell out of the passenger seat  when  the owner told me what he paid for it in circa 2014.   200k in 2014,  would of covered   something like mine ( a boosted 996)  and  maybe just enough change to pick up a very tired aircooled 911 along with his  930 purchase.   How goods the 930  boosting in second gear. Just seems to keep pulling and no need for 3rd gear let alone 4th. 

Remember it well @smit2100, I also fell out my chair when bidding stopped at 49k😀

16 hours ago, JLD said:

Hi everyone, can I please ask the brains trust on the value of a car? It's a manual 997 Targa 4 with just over 100,000 ks. One owner, full Porsche history...

What year is it? Not a lot around I imagine to compare to. Private, dealer? location?

I don't recall everseeing any manual 997 (or 996) targas for sale on carsales.

For the Carerra models, generally the 4s is most valuable, then s, then base and 4 models. Right now there are hardly any manual coupes available below $100k but the ones listed much beyond that have generally been there for ages, and the 997.2 models start to overlap in price and even without the improvements (more reliable engine) in that generation they are still more recent meaning generally less maintenance required. 

So, I'd say a listing at 90k would get plenty of interest but it could move above 100k.

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

OK, here comes one of those 'Kerrigan' moments...

As hard as it is to defend such an ambitious asking price, I know a previous long term owner & the car quite well,  and it is immaculate... could park it at a Porsche museum.  (Which is such a waste really).  Will be interesting to see the final price point.

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

OK, here comes one of those 'Kerrigan' moments...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1988/sse-ad-6822750/

1988 3.2 Carrera $220,000. 

A fastidious owner but it’s only had a service once every four years on average? 
Looks nice though. Shame no one has enjoyed driving it much.