Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, Peter M said:

A fair bit of rounding up going on here cafe_racer!  For the average air cooled owner doing about 2,500km a year, it won't get to 300,000 until 2039!

It does present well and I agree it will be interesting to see how it fairs in the market.

Good point!  250,000 k's.  And it looks super nice, paint looks great,

2 hours ago, Peter M said:

A fair bit of rounding up going on here cafe_racer!  For the average air cooled owner doing about 2,500km a year, it won't get to 300,000 until 2039!

It does present well and I agree it will be interesting to see how it fairs in the market.

18 minutes ago, MFX said:

At least for me, by the time the car is that old k's are completely irrelevant. It is all about condition and mechanical service/rebuild history. If a 30 year old car had only 50k kms I would be just as worried if not more so.

On an unrelated note. This is not a Porsche but I had to share the horror. Shield your eyes....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1968-Jaguar-E-Type-Manual/SSE-AD-6709950?fbclid=IwAR30Gd47ETidsyxfwq0cnZBoaBtsC2hWMFazhcIRvmDxJyTG1LGY1I_0WBE

Agree with both the above. For me it presents like a car with way less Kim's. Last of G series, G50 box, Aus delivered, original paint etc etc, I think its a bit of a unicorn and priced ok (in todays inflated market) compared to $200k LHD converted backdates (green car) for instance.

The E Type...............Oh dear! 

39 minutes ago, MFX said:

At least for me, by the time the car is that old k's are completely irrelevant. It is all about condition and mechanical service/rebuild history. If a 30 year old car had only 50k kms I would be just as worried if not more so.

On an unrelated note. This is not a Porsche but I had to share the horror. Shield your eyes....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1968-Jaguar-E-Type-Manual/SSE-AD-6709950?fbclid=IwAR30Gd47ETidsyxfwq0cnZBoaBtsC2hWMFazhcIRvmDxJyTG1LGY1I_0WBE

Depends on what mechanical work has been done to make the k’s ‘irrelevant’ 

1 hour ago, MFX said:

At least for me, by the time the car is that old k's are completely irrelevant. It is all about condition and mechanical service/rebuild history. 

Wait until you see what is inbound next week.  300000kms pfffft!

3 hours ago, MFX said:

That makes baby Jesus cry...

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

"Tastefully modified..." Errrr...I'd challenge that statement 🤔🤔

Good grief, why on earth would anyone do that to an E Type?? 

Nissan 370Z lights for those wondering about doing something similar to their P cars.

6 hours ago, luzzo said:

It was listed at $29,990 

Having restored one of these I can tell you with certainty that it will owe the new buyer 150k+ by the time it's on the road. Unless they REALLY want a 2.4E & years of suffering they would be better off buying the orange 2.2T & join the C&C punters next weekend. Unless you're skilled on the tools or love a project the old adage "buy the best you can afford" is the best advice you'll ever get when looking at early 911's.....ask me how I know....ha ha

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1970-porsche-911-t-manual/OAG-AD-19009622/?Cr=5

31 minutes ago, MR901 said:

Having restored one of these I can tell you with certainty that it will owe the new buyer 150k+ by the time it's on the road. Unless they REALLY want a 2.4E & years of suffering they would be better off buying the orange 2.2T & join the C&C punters next weekend. Unless you're skilled on the tools or love a project the old adage "buy the best you can afford" is the best advice you'll ever get when looking at early 911's.....ask me how I know....ha ha

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1970-porsche-911-t-manual/OAG-AD-19009622/?Cr=5

Sometimes it’s the journey, not the destination 😂

there’s also this:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1970-Porsche-911-T-Manual/OAG-AD-19015193

On 02/08/2020 at 07:57, Peter M said:

I think you would be having too much fun or being arrested to care.

Absolutely epic build.

RUF wheels with widebody is one of my favourite looks

Interesting to see water/methanol injection.  It's surprising it isn't used more frequently as it avoids the expense and inconvenience of running E85. 

The pancake manifold of the 930 isn’t the best for it. I was running it on the silver 930 when I was playing with maxing out the CIS system on just a simple RPM switch. The white 934 rep I had also had it set up but I pulled it out as it was running e85 anyhow.

It does work but its hard to get “right”.

On 01/08/2020 at 16:18, MFX said:

Wow. I haven't been following the 930 market, but that looks like a whole lot of 930 for the money!

Yes it is, or rather makes all the other 930s on the market way over priced.
Went and viewed it yesterday, very straight UK car with no rust issues (mostly all original paint!). Being an 88 is newer that most 930s, low milage but gearbox rebuilt and uprated with LSD, engine rebuilt properly and also uprated and set up with modern injection for far more reliable running. Is now realistically very similar to or even better than a RUF BTR stage 3 which received more capacity and more modern injection system also. Fit a RUF BTR front spoiler to house the oil cooler and you're set. At the moment runs cooler with fan in the usual position which is enough really because the rest is set up so well it doesn't run hot anyway. If I hadn't just bought what I have now that car would be in my garage now. Will be having a delicate chat with the powers that be, may still do it if possible and the car is still available.

9 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

OMG, there are some fucktards in this world who really have no idea.

I’ll admit that I thought someone had Photoshopped the 370z front and rear lights onto the car for a joke. But I think it’s real.  😩😩😩