Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Absolutley! 

Bloody hell Lee, I KNOW I'm right, I expected to hear some spirited debate not just agreement! 😊

I was also expecting a rehash of the eternal and unanswerable question: "Which is the better driver's car, the SC or the 3.2?"!

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

Bloody hell Lee, I KNOW I'm right, I expected to hear some spirited debate not just agreement! 😊

I was also expecting a rehash of the eternal and unanswerable question: "Which is the better driver's car, the SC or the 3.2?"!

No need for a rehash Pete .. everyone knows it’s always been the SC ..:cool07:

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Absolutley! 

It's just my personal opinion. Of the cars I drove, I felt there's was more feedback with the 915. You really feel the gears you go through. It probably doesn't make sense, but it just appealed to me. 

I haven't driven many 915 or G50 cars, so it could also be the car itself. 

3 hours ago, rminc said:

It's just my personal opinion. Of the cars I drove, I felt there's was more feedback with the 915. You really feel the gears you go through. It probably doesn't make sense, but it just appealed to me. 

I haven't driven many 915 or G50 cars, so it could also be the car itself. 

We're all different mate, noone is right or wrong with this sorta thing. I just felt the G50 was better for quicker and more positive gear changes in the hills, though now I mainly just use third gear where I drive, as my car seems to have a bit more torque than other 3.0/3.2 911's I've driven

5 hours ago, Peter M said:

Ok then...you're wrong 😁

And everyone knows a 3.0 is better than a 3.2 👍

11 hours ago, hugh said:

Nothing wrong with the 915. Setup properly they are neat as a pin. With a Wevo even better. 

I’ve never driven a 915 car (mines a g50 and feels just fine) but I sat in @Dalai car one C&C morning yonks ago (that’s pre-cv19 folks) who has a wevo in his 915... oh boy, felt so tight and concise.  Very envious. 

ps. Well, I think it was his car... 🤔

43 minutes ago, Philbee said:

I’ve never driven a 915 car (mines a g50 and feels just fine) but I sat in @Dalai car one C&C morning yonks ago (that’s pre-cv19 folks) who has a wevo in his 915... oh boy, felt so tight and concise.  Very envious. 

I prefer the feel of a good 915 to a good g50.  That's doesn't mean it's better....just that, imo, it offers a bit more feel & feel is, for me, more important than outright performance.  I feel the g50 makes the driver one more step removed from the action.  However I also prefer a nice 901 to a nice 915....again, feels lighter and that little bit more connected.  No doubt wrt engineering, there are very good reasons that Porsche moved on (not the least of which is that each iteration can handle more hp for a longer period).  Good thing we have so many opitons/versions to choose from!

3 hours ago, 9fan said:

Just a note here that may be of interest -  not only does the 911 have the G50 gearbox but it is in the 968 as well !

I don't know of anyone that has done a short shift kit for it (968) though.

are you not short shifting sir?

on the subject of 901/Sporto /915/g50 ‘s (had a go at em all) even a tippie... what Oils Y’all be decanting and is it contributing noticeably to ‘feel’ ?

3 hours ago, 9fan said:

Just a note here that may be of interest -  not only does the 911 have the G50 gearbox but it is in the 968 as well !

I don't know of anyone that has done a short shift kit for it (968) though.

Which G50 box is shared??

not the G series box....5 speed v 6 speed on the 968....does the 968 carry the 964 box?

On 26/07/2020 at 09:16, Philbee said:

It was. Next time once the restrictions ease and we can meet up, take it for a spin.

17 hours ago, AL911 said:

Wait - I thought you offered the sperm of 3 camels? 

Actually and  to be more precise @symsy asked for the milking, if I could find him albino Camels . I could only find 2 of the 3 

for the grubby gruppe B afficionado

The things pickles do have 

https://www.pickles.com.au/cars/item/-/details/C1985--MG--2-Seats--2-Doors/302141246

3 hours ago, michel said:

Actually and  to be more precise @symsy asked for the milking, if I could find him albino Camels . I could only find 2 of the 3 

https://www.pickles.com.au/cars/item/-/details/C1985--MG--2-Seats--2-Doors/302141246

For what its worth, @symsy did try and sell me on the 3-Camel contribution a bit..ehem...hard.

I suspect he studied this beauty intently at some point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejA0wKTRHH4

We could all learn from this for the when the right time comes. Its even period correct!!!

48 minutes ago, AL911 said:

For what its worth, @symsy did try and sell me on the 3-Camel contribution a bit..ehem...hard.

I suspect he studied this beauty intently at some point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejA0wKTRHH4

We could all learn from this for the when the right time comes. Its even period correct!!!

Oddly when it finished , it left me  pythons top ten funniest ... this been A rainy day treat 

4 hours ago, michel said:

Was looking at this car again yesterday, it is on display at the National Automobile Museum of Tasmania in Launceston.  Believe there has been a fair amount of interest in it.  Seeing as you dirty rotten virus ridden mainlanders can't come and have a look easily, if anyone is seriously contemplating this car, and wants more info, detailed pictures etc, let me know.  As I'm on the Board of Directors for the museum I do get some special privileges which may prove useful 😁