Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Quite lightweight and looked very well sorted. I saw it at Zag after the owner had passed away and asked about buying it but it wasn’t for sale at that stage. It sounded fantastic and I think whoever has bought it has bought extremely well at that price. 

2 minutes ago, Turra said:

Quite lightweight and looked very well sorted. I saw it at Zag after the owner had passed away and asked about buying it but it wasn’t for sale at that stage. It sounded fantastic and I think whoever has bought it has bought extremely well at that price. 

I approached Zag this week about an rs recreation. They seem very  knowledgeable and helpful . Does anyone here have any other direct experience of them? They couldn’t make me a car until next April so they obviously have plenty of demand. 

They did work on my 930 including a new dash and a complete interior replacement in Napa leather. They are also currently building a backdate for me as well as another for a friend and I have found them very easy to deal with.

17 minutes ago, Turra said:

They did work on my 930 including a new dash and a complete interior replacement in Napa leather. They are also currently building a backdate for me as well as another for a friend and I have found them very easy to deal with.

Thanks. That’s good to hear. I think a viper green back date is an itch I have to scratch. 

23 hours ago, Proud Member said:

I approached Zag this week about an rs recreation. They seem very  knowledgeable and helpful . Does anyone here have any other direct experience of them? They couldn’t make me a car until next April so they obviously have plenty of demand. 

I've had work done by them several times, always top notch and I've always been satisfied.  They are easy and pleasant to work with and I've no hesitation recommending them.  The best thing that I can say is that if I need work done, I will go back to them without thinking twice.

Both John and George at ZAG seem like nice guys. I've known them for years as they are close to my workplace. They gave me advice last year when I told them I was in the market for an old Porsche. Always happy to help, and always busy which is a good sign. A good friend of mine restored his old Targa and only had ZAG and Autohaus work on his car. It was a very expensive nut and bolt restoration with no shortcuts. They have been around for a very long time, and I've not heard anything negative about them.

21 minutes ago, 901er said:

Anyone know this car? Looks nice, but that vin plate looks suss. I tried to get info from Grays, but no response 

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0002-20007012/classic-cars/1974-porsche-911-manual-coupe?spr=true

Classic!!!!! this is in the Arthur Daley league for history creation. Sort of like the dog ate my homework - the polisher  spoiled my VIN plate.

imagehandler.ashx?t=sh&id=25996119&s=d&index=0&ts=637274842630000000

2 hours ago, 901er said:

Anyone know this car? Looks nice, but that vin plate looks suss. I tried to get info from Grays, but no response 

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0002-20007012/classic-cars/1974-porsche-911-manual-coupe?spr=true

This is the first time I have seen an add with no specific details about the actual car. All the blurb is generic script about the model.  I particularly like the hand written note explaining how long the car has been in Australia and the average kms per year. Perhaps a simple engine starts, car drives would be more helpful. It does look too nice to have so little explained about it. It’s obviously an import.

i think this import would be a safer bet. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/174033174899

9 hours ago, G5032 said:

Option sticker missing from under the hood first sign for me

Not a big deal, many dealers used to remove them at pre delivery. And they often go during a respray. 

Ps. First sign of what?

First sign to start digging a bit deeper

has it been resprayed? why? Just cosmetic or because if crash damage..

no biggie just  another clue to ththe puzzle, especially when so little details is available..

On 29/06/2020 at 21:43, G5032 said:

Option sticker missing from under the hood first sign for me

I didn’t think cars of that era had the under hood sticker ... rather it was more a late 80’s addition with the last of the 3.2 Carreras (?) 

2 hours ago, drmurugti said:

This is @Dreamr 's car. Remember what they say about buying the owner! (I mean this in a positive way :) ) Great car if anyone is in the market.

2 hours ago, drmurugti said:

Great Ad @Dreamr.  

Love this line:

"Please don't text me and ask me what my best price is, I'm too old fashioned for that. Pick up the phone and dial"

Good luck with the sale

32 minutes ago, SteveF said:

This is @Dreamr 's car. Remember what they say about buying the owner! (I mean this in a positive way :) ) Great car if anyone is in the market.

You better have meant it in a nice way!! ... 🤔

Thanks for the positive words .. 😀

18 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Great Ad @Dreamr.  

Love this line:

"Please don't text me and ask me what my best price is, I'm too old fashioned for that. Pick up the phone and dial"

Good luck with the sale

Thanks mate ... just trying to keep it real. I'm just a genuine seller looking for a genuine buyer ..