Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 24/06/2020 at 18:52, 901er said:

That was a nice one. Surprised it took so long

I find the 930 market an odd thing to understand. A huge spread of prices presumably representative of a big variance in condition, import/export/LHD conversions etc.  Many seem to sit on the market a very long time. That blue one did seem the pick and almost good value. 

On 24/06/2020 at 18:22, 901er said:

That was a nice one. Surprised it took so long

Having sold a couple of 930 recently I think the colour plays a huge part.

My experience was that white was very popular and I sold it easily whereas red was hard work (and the red car was a better example)

13 hours ago, JV911 said:

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=17034&lid=2277841

Stunning Porsche 911 replica with 3.6 litre engine with LINK ECU, bare metal restoration with ST body kit, RS seats, and RS door cards including re-trim of the interior,15" FUCH rims with Michelin BT15 tyres, Dansk muffler with stainless headers, Momo Steering wheel

Interesting spec. Anyone game to bid deep on a Lloyd’s car without background ?

anyone bidding ? Anyone know about it ? 

13 hours ago, JV911 said:

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=17034&lid=2277841

Stunning Porsche 911 replica with 3.6 litre engine with LINK ECU, bare metal restoration with ST body kit, RS seats, and RS door cards including re-trim of the interior,15" FUCH rims with Michelin BT15 tyres, Dansk muffler with stainless headers, Momo Steering wheel

This is the same basic configuration as my 911, so I would love to get a TRUE idea of a current valuation in virus times.

Pity its with Lloyds - with a current bid of $104,000 as I dont believe any of it . Hopefully someone will watch & report on the final minutes of the "auction".

16 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

so I would love to get a TRUE idea of a current valuation in virus times.

I was genuinely hoping there would be some sign of 'virus times'.  Apparently Pcars are immune to the Covid bug   :Confused02: 

47 minutes ago, michel said:

Interesting spec. Anyone game to bid deep on a Lloyd’s car without background ?

anyone bidding ? Anyone know about it ? 

to be fair it's 50-50 as to whether the sale will go through with Lloyds

35 minutes ago, 9er said:

To be fair, 50-50 is well optimistic.

I don’t get the Lloyd’s “system” at all.  Zero enforcement of winning bids, so people know they can bid to the moon and then walk if they change their mind. 

My take on Lloyds (based on experience which ties in with everyone else) the cars must have unrealistic reserves on them and for whatever reason, they choose not to advertise/inform whether the reserve is met - until after the fact to try and squeeze out every last cent by playing the highest two/three bidders off each other.

Guess it's a strategy that works for them - just leaves a sour taste for the enthusiast punters

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

I was genuinely hoping there would be some sign of 'virus times'.  Apparently Pcars are immune to the Covid bug   :Confused02: 

Alternative asset. When the share and housing markets don't perform, and term deposits are paying 1% people look elsewhere.

47 minutes ago, JV911 said:

Alternative asset. When the share and housing markets don't perform, and term deposits are paying 1% people look elsewhere.

Plus a touch of lockdown boredom and ‘extra’ funds not being used for travel and entertainment etc. 

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

I don’t get the Lloyd’s “system” at all.  Zero enforcement of winning bids, so people know they can bid to the moon and then walk if they change their mind. 

Years on... I still dont get it either! :lol: 

31 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Plus a touch of lockdown boredom and ‘extra’ funds not being used for travel and entertainment etc. 

If only my wine habit wasn't an issue... 😛 

13 minutes ago, symsy said:

Shame it’s boring black 

That colour is Atlas grey actually.  Most of those pictures are in the shade, or at dusk so it is very hard to tell. Not a great way to highlight a very cool colour. 

Altas Grey changes in the sun and has many different shades depending on light. 

1 minute ago, luzzo said:

That colour is Atlas grey actually.  Most of those pictures are in the shade, or at dusk so it is very hard to tell. Not a great way to highlight a very cool colour. 

Altas Grey changes in the sun and has many different shades depending on light. 

Still a no from me 

2 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

I thought symsy was saying no to the car, not so the colour. The early 3.4 engines are not renowned for their longevity with bore ovality and scoring possibilities....

Well, this is what he said...

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Shame it’s boring black 

4 hours ago, luzzo said:

I’ve been watching the air-cooled market. There isn’t any sign of a decrease in prices ... if anything they’re holding steady and owners are actually asking more ...

5 hours ago, luzzo said:

Might be more the porsche logo branded clothing the drivers are wearing , more than the cars .. ...heard that Stuttgart we’re offering an anti covid coating , much like when you get your nick Scali 3 piece scotch garded..

@Dreamr Is much selking at the moment and is the higher ask , like the  higher reno costs with a covid (25k) tax inbuilt in any quote.

now that under discussed continental orange 3.4l twin plug In WA just sold ... not at the 100 advertised and I hope the buyer didn’t pay more than  78k.

nice package Albeit vanilla  and despite the 50hp discrepancy 

4 hours ago, 9er said:

To be fair, 50-50 is well optimistic.

I use the term loosely

3 hours ago, P-Kay said:

My take on Lloyds (based on experience which ties in with everyone else) the cars must have unrealistic reserves on them and for whatever reason, they choose not to advertise/inform whether the reserve is met - until after the fact to try and squeeze out every last cent by playing the highest two/three bidders off each other.

Guess it's a strategy that works for them - just leaves a sour taste for the enthusiast punters

I don't even look anymore, so not a good strategy from my viewpoint

1 minute ago, consideringa911 said:

Don't see many of these.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1989/sse-ad-6113490/

Seems to be a genuine one. But those wheels 🤣

Mmmm, don't think I want to find another one of these, agreed on the wheels......