Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

15 hours ago, WGA said:

Was a std colour option on the 991.1 but never sold very well because in the flesh its probably one of the worst colours Porsche ever produced. You need to be retired and in your 70s to like this colour!

its certainly not common!

looks awright to me :)

Just now, Jason A said:

I see the Agate Grey 997 GT2 at Duttons has just sold, was the pick of the bunch IMO

So things are still moving, I suspect may be a different story in 6 months from now

Older cars won't be that impacted regardless of what happens. Its the lease-bros that will be feeling it.

3 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Older cars won't be that impacted regardless of what happens. Its the lease-bros that will be feeling it.

It will be interesting to see, time will tell.

There have been numerous times in the past 10 - 15 years when all cars were not selling. 
Do agree ex lease will be biggest impact, but people become more concervative on luxury purchases when times get tight.

Others take the opportunity to put spare money into growth opportunities- cars are generally not in that group

Just now, Jason A said:

Others take the opportunity to put spare money into growth opportunities- cars are generally not in that group

Totally, I fell into that during the GFC. Grow that wealth.

Now I don't give a shit and am happy to just live my life. If I can bag a couple of deals on my dream cars, I'm in like Flynn.

11 minutes ago, Jason A said:

I see the Agate Grey 997 GT2 at Duttons has just sold, was the pick of the bunch IMO

So things are still moving, I suspect may be a different story in 6 months from now

I will apologise first... :lol:   The nice 997 GT2 was Atlas grey. Very interesting colour, saw it in the flesh recently.  (Sorry for trainspotting). 

I think Agate grey was only 991 onwards. 

3 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Totally, I fell into that during the GFC. Grow that wealth.

Now I don't give a shit and am happy to just live my life. If I can bag a couple of deals on my dream cars, I'm in like Flynn.

+1  :Beer:

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

This one hit the market and was gone within a few days . Priced sharply at 65K

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1981-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-6694317/?Cr=12

I talked a mate into buying this.  Passed a PPI with flying colours.  Absolute cracker. 

17 minutes ago, Jason A said:

That six months is a long time . I have been hearing that for some time .

Things are moving again chaps . 

1 minute ago, OBRUT said:

I talked a mate into buying this.  Passed a PPI with flying colours.  Absolute cracker. 

Well done . Great buying that car 

4 hours ago, symsy said:

Owned by Drew Arthur I believe , he’s on here somewhere and Fbook Classic Porsche Aus there’s some photos of work done in recent times 

I actually took the car off the market briefly as I had just sold my 930 to fund another car that is due in about 2 months or so. I have since put it back on the market and found another so two cars coming in, two going out. I don't have enough storage for more at present so just buying and selling as I find cars that make sense for a while. I figure if I own 50 Porsches in my life that's ok as long as its not all at once. 🙂 

3 hours ago, Turra said:

I actually took the car off the market briefly as I had just sold my 930 to fund another car that is due in about 2 months or so. I have since put it back on the market and found another so two cars coming in, two going out. I don't have enough storage for more at present so just buying and selling as I find cars that make sense for a while. I figure if I own 50 Porsches in my life that's ok as long as its not all at once. 🙂 

Damn that killed a load of conspiracy theories and desperation discussion ... 

Desparate to get rid of it to get another better one is a good reason 😊

Im with you probably 20 years if driving left for me and I wanna own another 20 exotic cars 

GLWS 

On 18/06/2020 at 09:21, symsy said:

Owned by Drew Arthur I believe , he’s on here somewhere and Fbook Classic Porsche Aus there’s some photos of work done in recent times 

With Drew being the owner you just know it's a good car.

1 hour ago, Burgerman said:

Built by Sydney based John Ward of "Fuel Bespoke Design" a few years ago. He has created some super high quality work, the latest a BMW 2800CS with an M3 transplant - stunning car!

Here's the link to the 964 backdate:

https://www.fuelbespokedesign.com/porsche-911-st-intro1

Wonderful! I wonder if he converted it to rear wheel drive or kept the AWD C4 drive train ?

35 minutes ago, juzmister said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-911-carrera-997-manual/SSE-AD-6572544/?Cr=16 

Challenging car to price...Engine rebuild post an IMS failure, but it's UK delivered. Any ideas on pricing? I was thinking 65k?

Yep it would more likely sell at that price quickly. The kms are relatively low. Engine rebuild with better parts is a plus. It ticks a lot of boxes being a manual coupe in what is probably the least polarising colour combination possible. 

Being a UK import is what limits its desirability, also being a base model makes a difference. 

45 minutes ago, juzmister said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-911-carrera-997-manual/SSE-AD-6572544/?Cr=16 

Challenging car to price...Engine rebuild post an IMS failure, but it's UK delivered. Any ideas on pricing? I was thinking 65k?

Would think $65-$75k would be the mark

10 hours ago, juzmister said:

As others have said, $65k ish is probably more reasonable. That $83k is 997 Aus delivered "S" money, although with manual S models being thin on the ground (cheapest on CS is $105K for a 2007 with 70,00kms) who knows. 

4 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

That was a nice one. Surprised it took so long

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=17034&lid=2277841

Stunning Porsche 911 replica with 3.6 litre engine with LINK ECU, bare metal restoration with ST body kit, RS seats, and RS door cards including re-trim of the interior,15" FUCH rims with Michelin BT15 tyres, Dansk muffler with stainless headers, Momo Steering wheel