Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

57 minutes ago, michel said:

That’s a pretty thing… 2432 km… Crazy

Despite  everyone’s professed love of a 964 TargA coolness  and the low numbers  in either  2/4.spec... Does good cond real world cars ireally attractp a premium or just a premium in interest?

Everyone?

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 13:24, 911virgin said:

https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-Carrera-Manual~78184

this time capsule example lasted a few weeks

was originally listed at $250k, after a week or so reduced to $200k and sold within days

looks in fantastic condition

um, its back for sale as of today 12/6/20- ive seen this happen before with Dutton cars.

40 minutes ago, juzmister said:

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1976-porsche-911-964-turbo-tribute/ - this was briefly discussed on the thread a little while ago? Anyone had a look?!

Apparently a five year old with a Dremel did the engine numbers but it gave Lee a stiffy driving it .

55 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Apparently a five year old with a Dremel did the engine numbers but it gave Lee a stiffy driving it .

The same kid glued in a random chassis number, while Lee obviously blew something (in the engine) to deliver a 60% leak down on one of the cylinders...

2 hours ago, juzmister said:

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1976-porsche-911-964-turbo-tribute/ - this was briefly discussed on the thread a little while ago? Anyone had a look?!

Yes, me.

Absolutely bonkers fast and I nearly pee'd meself from hysterical laughter when it came on boost. Nice car that presents very well, BUT, I'm reliably told (by 3 different people) it has some questionable history and the engine needs a rebuild. Buyer beware is all I can advise

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Yes, me.

Absolutely bonkers fast and I nearly pee'd meself from hysterical laughter when it came on boost. Nice car that presents very well, BUT, I'm reliably told (by 3 different people) it has some questionable history and the engine needs a rebuild. Buyer beware is all I can advise

Did you do a leak down / compression? Thanks for the feedback!

1 hour ago, juzmister said:

A leak down was done for Richmonds by the guys at RSR Sports Cars - not that Richmonds told me this. Thanks to Lee I was able to get the info another way and the leak down results were 60%, 10, 10, 8, 5, 12 with oil leaks on one bank. Engine stamp was considered to be modified while the chassis number in the front was welded in. Those two bits about dodgy numbers stopped me from buying it.  

35 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Yeah, but even for parts. A lot of big ticket items missing or busted. Tragic to see such an awesome car turned to scrap. 

Must have been a bit of a shock to the driver to have the car bite back so hard. Just sad to see such an awesome machine end up like that.

1 hour ago, consideringa911 said:

A leak down was done for Richmonds by the guys at RSR Sports Cars - not that Richmonds told me this. Thanks to Lee I was able to get the info another way and the leak down results were 60%, 10, 10, 8, 5, 12 with oil leaks on one bank. Engine stamp was considered to be modified while the chassis number in the front was welded in. Those two bits about dodgy numbers stopped me from buying it.  

That's so interesting - I spoke to RSR this afternoon who said it's $880 for the full report / they had not done a leak-down and just went over what modifications were on the car. Wonder what the story is?

13 minutes ago, juzmister said:

That's so interesting - I spoke to RSR this afternoon who said it's $880 for the full report / they had not done a leak-down and just went over what modifications were on the car. Wonder what the story is?

Hi Juzmister - I got the same response. I just PM'd you.

5 hours ago, juzmister said:

No worries.

I didn't, yet was told about the leakdown test and other info by someone who had a ppi done on it prior to me driving it. It's a shame it has some questionable history, as it's a bloody quick car, and I was absolutely gobsbacked with the first rush of boost. I can only imagine what it would be like with a fresh engine. You'd need some big plums to use all of that power that's for sure! 

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

No worries.

I didn't, yet was told about the leakdown test and other info by someone who had a ppi done on it prior to me driving it. It's a shame it has some questionable history, as it's a bloody quick car, and I was absolutely gobsbacked with the first rush of boost. I can only imagine what it would be like with a fresh engine. You'd need some big plums to use all of that power that's for sure! 

Does it need a full rebuild or just a top-end? If I can get it registered in Victoria, it could be a fun time.

8 hours ago, juzmister said:

Does it need a full rebuild or just a top-end? If I can get it registered in Victoria, it could be a fun time.

No idea mate, sorry.

S'pose you'd find out if it needed a full rebuild once it was pulled down. 

I say this with no offence intended whatsoever, and you can do whatever you want with your own cash, yet when I've advised that 3 others have said its worth bugger all (one said its worth 40grand tops) due to its grey history (what that is I also have no firm information), and the potential to be a headache getting rego as Richmonds advise on their site, do you really want a potential $100,000 plus financial disaster? A full rebuild is probably $30grand.

Absolutely it is a very nice looking car that is batshit crazy fast, yet it is basically a G series car with a bodykit and a turbo engine...that needs work. 

All I advise is to be careful if you do go after it mate. I'd hate to see anyone drop a substantial amount of money on a lemon and regret it later.

Caveat emptor! 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

No idea mate, sorry.

S'pose you'd find out if it needed a full rebuild once it was pulled down. 

I say this with no offence intended whatsoever, and you can do whatever you want with your own cash, yet when I've advised that 3 others have said its worth bugger all (one said its worth 40grand tops) due to its grey history (what that is I also have no firm information), and the potential to be a headache getting rego as Richmonds advise on their site, do you really want a potential $100,000 plus financial disaster? A full rebuild is probably $30grand.

Absolutely it is a very nice looking car that is batshit crazy fast, yet it is basically a G series car with a bodykit and a turbo engine...that needs work. 

All I advise is to be careful if you do go after it mate. I'd hate to see anyone drop a substantial amount of money on a lemon and regret it later.

Caveat emptor! 

I must admit I’m surprised Richmond’s has that in their stock. It looks like the kind of car that might end up biting them on the arse