Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

34 minutes ago, Raven said:

I like it ,,it is well done :Beer:

looks very similar to a car Classic throttle shop sold a few years back 

https://classicthrottleshop.com/1988-porsche-911-carrera-2-7-rs-recreation-silver/

Good find or great memory @Raven..!

That would seem like the exact same car.  Having a quick look through, most of the features look the same, and even the speedo matches up with an extra 3000kms since CTS.  Only differences I can notice are the gear shifter knob has changed, and the pedals too. 

2 hours ago, 901er said:

Great looking car, but I think this would appeal to a very small audience.. 💰 💰 💰 
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1988-Porsche-911-Carrera-Manual/OAG-AD-18705097?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-18705097

What an absurd ask ... Pull my pants down and spank me .. actually it’s sat night I don’t need a reason ... 😅🙄

12 hours ago, hugh said:

No doubt I’m in the minority but I’d take an original 88 at half the price. My guess is the two cars drive pretty much the same. 

I’m there too. There are so many other options available to mod an IB that doesn’t involve backdating or faux Singering. 

6 hours ago, OBRUT said:

I’m there too. There are so many other options available to mod an IB that doesn’t involve backdating or faux Singering. 

I saw a Facebook post bragging about a $1.8 million Singer! Why would you spend that much on a backdate car???

1 hour ago, JLD said:

Surely you’d rather the real thing!?!

Being as I own a backdate I would prefer the real thing, yet if it was a choice between that and a Singer, I'll have the latter thanks 👍

On 16/05/2020 at 22:25, hugh said:

No doubt I’m in the minority but I’d take an original 88 at half the price. My guess is the two cars drive pretty much the same. 

I'm with you, I thought the whole charm of the 2.7 RS was its motor... it looks the part, but I can't see the value ion the $$ they're asking for what is a Carrera 3.2 in drag. 

Looking to dip a toe back into a Pcar.  I'm aware of some nice 944s (Turbo and S2) available off-market, but this one has been around a while and I love the colour combo (I know it's an import and the KM speedo has to have been replaced thus throwing shade on that 159k odometer).  Really just trying to educate myself - anyone know much about this 944 Turbo https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lane-cove-west/cars-vans-utes/1987-porsche-944-turbo-immaculate-5-speed-all-books/1240174250

1 hour ago, Fishcop said:

Looking to dip a toe back into a Pcar.  I'm aware of some nice 944s (Turbo and S2) available off-market, but this one has been around a while and I love the colour combo (I know it's an import and the KM speedo has to have been replaced thus throwing shade on that 159k odometer).  Really just trying to educate myself - anyone know much about this 944 Turbo https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lane-cove-west/cars-vans-utes/1987-porsche-944-turbo-immaculate-5-speed-all-books/1240174250

I don't know the car but seller is a dealer also has an s2 for sale.

kollector cars on Insta 

On 17/05/2020 at 00:33, JLD said:

I saw a Facebook post bragging about a $1.8 million Singer! Why would you spend that much on a backdate car???

Strictly speaking I think a singer would cost that much even with 964 bumpers left attached.