Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

48 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Search bar may give you an insight of the car a few years back

I enquired about this 5 months ago when I was tossing up GT3 v Turbo, and was told it was sold, even though it stayed on my Car Sales saved vehicles as still available.....

14 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I enquired about this 5 months ago when I was tossing up GT3 v Turbo, and was told it was sold, even though it stayed on my Car Sales saved vehicles as still available.....

Hey THT,

Sounds the same as this annoying seller:

Check out this 2003 Porsche 911 Turbo 996 Manual AWD MY04.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-Porsche-911-Turbo-996-Manual-AWD-MY04/SSE-AD-6353221

I have enquired on this car couple of times but No response from seller, and it's been languishing on Carsales for months on end (year?). 

Would love to hear your thoughts on what motivated you to decide 996GT3 over a Turbo. Having those same thoughts myself. 

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hey THT,

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-Porsche-911-Turbo-996-Manual-AWD-MY04/SSE-AD-6353221

I have enquired on this car couple of times but No response from seller, and it's been languishing on Carsales for months on end (year?). 

Would love to hear your thoughts on what motivated you to decide 996GT3 over a Turbo. Having those same thoughts myself. 

I am definitely not the authority, but the Turbo is blisteringly fast GT car (particularly with a couple of simple mods) and the GT3 is more of a race car for the road. Very different propositions.

Do you prefer a more comfortable car that you can point and shoot and get that turbo rush, or do you want a more paired back, raw, race car for the road?

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hey THT,

Luzzo, I started out from the point of already owning a 996.1 GT3 Club Sport, but a LHD version setup as a track car.  I explored the registration options, and found that I could most likely register the car on restricted rally car registration, but the occasions I could (legally) use the car were quite restricted, and, to be honest, it was too uncomfortable on the road!!  I therefore started looking for a RHD road version.  I found one in Melbourne, but it was going to be a month or so until after Xmas before I could get over to Melb to inspect it.  On the basis the car could be sold in the meantime, I started looking at alternatives for that eventuality.  A Turbo was the logical alternative, so I started feeling out what was available in the $90-$120k range.  I found a couple in Melb, and Sydney, and thought I would try to have a look at those when I finally got over to look at the GT3.  The UK import car was one of the ones I was interested in (didn't know it was an import at the time), but very quickly got the "sorry it's sold" message.  Anyway, I drove the GT3 and in RHD Touring spec it was everything I wanted, and was still available, so pulled the trigger without even driving a Turbo.

3 hours ago, factory said:

If it checks out it would be a bargain, have you called the guy to feel him out, get a vibe on him and his car? etc 

(ill respond to your thread tomorrow when I’m back on my laptop and pass on my two cents as I too had the 997 vs M4 dilemma recently...! )

4 hours ago, factory said:

I'd be really interested in this one too...tried searching with no luck, any more info or suggested search tags? thanks so much 

I can only give an insight back in circa 2016 and purely my view. / opinion.  Was the cheapest manual on car sales at the time. Only one asking with a 9 out front and NSW plates.   Got price down lower to a range for me to get a ppi and some argy  bargy .  Got a copy of ppi when owner brought it about 15 months prior. That was ok.  Got my own  ppi, compared the pair and re-offered  circa 20k less based on the ppi I had done. Was not  happy with a few cylinder readings when comparing the pair of ppi's.  Rest of the car nothing that concerned me based on the price.  Got told you know what with that offer and then just expected a copy of the ppi.  I said happy to oblige if you put a contributuon to it.  ( I think he genuinely had no clue their was a potential issue with the car)  Indy gave the owner high level summary of the issue when they picked the car up and just expected  copy of the ppi, they said  no chance and referred that to me.    Brought one a few days later ( plan B deal drummed up the day before the ppi results came in on the uk import).  I did like the colour combo ( plenty on here didn't) Had plans to bring in some black to the boxster red interior  Eg black carpet and up the doors and a lot of go faster bolt on bits and factory preventative maintenance parts.  UK import didn't phase me.  All about bang for buck.   Note about as much rust as one stored in alice springs and not driven.  Eg a patch on the clutch cable.  I got a cleaner aud delivered car with lower k's for not much more ( right time in making a call) than the uk one ( first offer subject to clean pp).  Bottom line is as I  have posted on here, ppi was the best investment made for the year ( compression and leak test) . Saved me about a x40 in my view.   Note the abnormal cyclinder readings  didn't put me off, just reoffered a price based on what I thought it would cost me to have that issue looked at / addressed. Note if I didn't see two bigger  numbers on one section of the  ppi or he accepted my lower offer,   that car would be in my garage today and be a better street car  ( motor dropped and whilst your in their lots of bolt ons to go on at the same time, weld / pin coolant pipes and would of dropped some rods in)   compared to what I currently have.   A lot can happen in 4 years good and bad.

Hi Ladies and Gents

The little red SC is my car. It has been a lovely first 911. The whole family has enjoyed the car - my wife; my sons; my dog! 

I have put a realistic price tag on her because I have a small window to buy my ultimate early 911. 

I have a few videos of her running if anyone is interested. One with the bisi pulse chamber; one with the original style dansk muffler:

https://youtu.be/YiWLqv7jaOI

And yes - the Group 4 Capagnolos have been sold off the car and it will come with the original Fuchs. 

give me a buzz if you are interested. 0403 278 349. 

Cheers

Jono

1 hour ago, symsy said:

The Other Paddington Outlaws car , Gold rims and a hot price

I prefer The Outlaw of Paddington. ;) 

1 hour ago, JonoF said:

Hi Ladies and Gents

The little red SC is my car. It has been a lovely first 911. The whole family has enjoyed the car - my wife; my sons; my dog! 

I have put a realistic price tag on her because I have a small window to buy my ultimate early 911. 

I have a few videos of her running if anyone is interested. One with the bisi pulse chamber; one with the original style dansk muffler:

https://youtu.be/YiWLqv7jaOI

And yes - the Group 4 Capagnolos have been sold off the car and it will come with the original Fuchs. 

give me a buzz if you are interested. 0403 278 349

Cheers

Jono

I prefer The Outlaw of Paddington. ;) 

Lord Jono if Paddington .. GLWS , there’s cash out there , hope I land some and get your newbie 

On 13/05/2020 at 19:24, MFX said:

I am definitely not the authority, but the Turbo is blisteringly fast GT car (particularly with a couple of simple mods) and the GT3 is more of a race car for the road. Very different propositions.

Do you prefer a more comfortable car that you can point and shoot and get that turbo rush, or do you want a more paired back, raw, race car for the road?

Hey Jeff,

Sorry for the late response, and thanks for the good points. I understand how they have different characters, but for me it won't be a daily drive, have others for that. This next one will be a fun car for the occasional use on road, and definitely for the Sunday morning squirts.  I've had a couple of fun Turbo's (not Pcars) in the past, but have probably had more raw cars overall. I have no problem with low, loud, harsh and fast, in fact probably prefer it, as love heading to hills for a SMT squirt. That leans me towards GT3, but if I were to choose a 911TT, I would probably lower it (coil-overs maybe) and put bigger wheels too. Still a bit stuck deciding between the right car. 

Liking this one at the moment, but just struggling to justify the extra $40-50k over the average.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/oag-ad-18174133/

On 13/05/2020 at 19:26, TwoHeadsTas said:

Luzzo, I started out from the point of already owning a 996.1 GT3 Club Sport, but a LHD version setup as a track car.  I explored the registration options, and found that I could most likely register the car on restricted rally car registration, but the occasions I could (legally) use the car were quite restricted, and, to be honest, it was too uncomfortable on the road!!  I therefore started looking for a RHD road version.  I found one in Melbourne, but it was going to be a month or so until after Xmas before I could get over to Melb to inspect it.  On the basis the car could be sold in the meantime, I started looking at alternatives for that eventuality.  A Turbo was the logical alternative, so I started feeling out what was available in the $90-$120k range.  I found a couple in Melb, and Sydney, and thought I would try to have a look at those when I finally got over to look at the GT3.  The UK import car was one of the ones I was interested in (didn't know it was an import at the time), but very quickly got the "sorry it's sold" message.  Anyway, I drove the GT3 and in RHD Touring spec it was everything I wanted, and was still available, so pulled the trigger without even driving a Turbo.

Hey THT,

Thanks for the insight, much appreciated (sorry for my slow reply). 

I have followed most of your posts regarding purchasing the Silver GT3, and it's been great to read about your experiences leading up to and since buying. In fact I dropped in to see your GT3 (at Porschaden), but had just missed it (& you :lol:). Then realised you had picked it up the weekend just prior.  I had briefly forgotten that you had the previous yellow one, and when i read above that you were considering the 996TT vs the GT3 I was curious to see what factors made you go GT3. Sounds like you had your focus on the GT3 from the outset, but had the Turbo thought in reserve in case it sold before you got over Bass strait.  Think i'm feeling the same - I'm favouring the GT3 at this stage (996 or 997). 

On 13/05/2020 at 19:26, TwoHeadsTas said:

it was too uncomfortable on the road!!

I have had a couple of brief drives in GT3's but not in anger, nor in the twisties so not really enough to have a good decision base.  What are the main differences with your yellow one to the Silver GT3 (I realise the silver is a Touring/Comfort spec) & what made the Yellow one too uncomfortable for the road? Or, was the Touring spec enough of a difference in it's own right?

Thanks again for the feedback. Even though I've had a few Pcars it's great to get such good info from other's experiences. 

22 hours ago, JonoF said:

Hi Ladies and Gents

give me a buzz if you are interested. 0403 278 349. 

Cheers

Jono

I had a test drive of this car a few months ago and can say it's in really great condition and that bisimoto exhaust is quite something! I'd buy it if I wasn't looking for a wide body/RSR style. Hope I don't regret that! Hope you sell it quickly Jono and get that other 911.

9 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hey THT,

Thanks for the insight, much appreciated (sorry for my slow reply). 

I have followed most of your posts regarding purchasing the Silver GT3, and it's been great to read about your experiences leading up to and since buying. In fact I dropped in to see your GT3 (at Porschaden), but had just missed it (& you :lol:). Then realised you had picked it up the weekend just prior.  I had briefly forgotten that you had the previous yellow one, and when i read above that you were considering the 996TT vs the GT3 I was curious to see what factors made you go GT3. Sounds like you had your focus on the GT3 from the outset, but had the Turbo thought in reserve in case it sold before you got over Bass strait.  Think i'm feeling the same - I'm favouring the GT3 at this stage (996 or 997). 

I have had a couple of brief drives in GT3's but not in anger, nor in the twisties so not really enough to have a good decision base.  What are the main differences with your yellow one to the Silver GT3 (I realise the silver is a Touring/Comfort spec) & what made the Yellow one too uncomfortable for the road? Or, was the Touring spec enough of a difference in it's own right?

Thanks again for the feedback. Even though I've had a few Pcars it's great to get such good info from other's experiences. 

The yellow car was set up as a track car, with track suspension settings. Even lifting the ride height a little didn't help much.   Might have been OK on smooth freeway drives, but in Tassie, where we try to head for the enjoyable country roads, it was far too rigid.  Road car suspension much more forgiving and enjoyable 🙂  I think Clubsport and Touring standard suspension settings are similar, others may be able to comment on that.

10 hours ago, luzzo said:

To put it as simple as possible, the 996TT is a very fast road car you can also use at the track. The GT3 is a track car that you can use on the road.

In other words, the GT3 is a much more focused, lighter and precise tool than the 996tt, it will make you work harder to get the most out of it. The 996tt is a more user friendly experience if all you want to do is go fast. Both great cars, just very different in terms of what and how you intend to use it. 

4 hours ago, hugh said:

To put it as simple as possible, the 996TT is a very fast road car you can also use at the track. The GT3 is a track car that you can use on the road.

Perfect.

Now I'll just have to buy 2 more Pcars 😂