Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Righto that’s enough... here’s a cheap UK targa

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1984-Porsche-911-Carrera-Manual/SSE-AD-4065534

why don’t you guys make up a few stories about how it might be rusty cause of the salty roads it once drove on. 
im going to work, I’ll be back here in 12hrs wanting to read about P cars, not virus and politics

11 hours ago, consideringa911 said:

HI all

Regarding the black RS tribute car ('76 chassis, turbo 3.3L motor) we discussed a few pages ago...

and for those who want it, it makes big  power (despite the leak-down), as attested to by a brave test pilot from this forum.

Happy to own up and say that test pilot was me.

A very quick car and presents very well, yet after hearing about its questionable history from 3 sources, it's not worth anywhere near the money being asked. 

Tread carefully if you're keen

8 hours ago, Dalai said:

Back to tyre kicking discussions -Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread. Anyone looked at the yellow Hong Kong SC coupe in Queensland? Other than the colour is a looks okay, at least in the Carsales pictures.

It looks good, and been for sale for a while..

Good setup there, a Porsche, a pool table and a pinball machine..  And a Raleigh Chopper thrown in for good measure.!

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

As for the jobseeker allowance, I was of the understanding (as told by an employer) that any employee will have to work the hours at their normal rate to get the full $750. If they work half the time, they get half the money. Whether that's correct, its how he sees it anyway 

Not correct. Technically a casual can refuse to come into work for health reasons and still be paid, or like Dreamr said, originally work 6hrs a week and claim $750. Its a huge flaw in the system (one of many). However by signing an employee up to jobkeeper, the employee has to agree to modification of the terms of their employment, and under jobkeeper most fair work rights go out the window and you can pretty much sack their arse if things don't work out.

13 hours ago, LeeM said:

That, and when the druggie dole bludgers rejoice with receiving an extra $500/fortnight, they're not paying their bills or saving for a rainy day...they're buying double the drugs and alcohol, so the dealers are taking in the cash.

I knew there was a reason that Lambos are still relatively buoyant! :Chuckle2:

4 hours ago, 901er said:

Very good price especially as it also comes with a set of Fuchs.

2 hours ago, WOKA said:

It looks good, and been for sale for a while..

Yes been saved in my list for a while. Very good price for a RHD coupe. Also like the Simmons wheels...

Guessing the inability to travel interstate has made buying difficult unless willing to take a punt and buy sight unseen.

Alright so here’s a game for this thread...

If you were instantly one P-car lighter and looking for a replacement in your current budget (apocalypse not withstanding) tomorrow, who on Carsales (or Gumtree if you’re brave 😂) would be getting your call?

I reckon for me, I’d be scratching this long time itch: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-Porsche-Boxster-Spyder-987-Manual-MY11/SSE-AD-6478940

0A3418B2-03EA-4E90-8833-039B3062CF85.jpeg

^^^. That’s a nice thing but quite a price for a hot rod that’s more track car interior  than singer daily drive finish. Could do without the padding on the half cage.  Sincerely hope he gets it as it gives me hope for the value of my car.  Thumbsuck says maybe 50-80 over market. 

19 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

The CarSales add now says "Not Available". So maybe its been sold or withdrawn from sale???? If anybody knows what, please advise us, as I would seriously consider selling my  "Tribute Outlaw Rocket" for that sort of money!!!

They were never going to be able to sell it for that advertised price. Unless a mug came along, was desperate for that power fix and did no checking whatsoever before parting with their money.

What's your outlaw look like, @Zelrik911?

5 hours ago, JWM said:

If you were instantly one P-car lighter and looking for a replacement in your current budget (apocalypse not withstanding) tomorrow, who on Carsales (or Gumtree if you’re brave 😂) would be getting your call?

I reckon for me, I’d be scratching this long time itch: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-Porsche-Boxster-Spyder-987-Manual-MY11/SSE-AD-6478940

These are trick. Sleeper classic imo. 

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

I agree, followed one in the hands of a good driver in one of the Targa Tas  events, great bit of kit, but, then we got some rain. WOW, the stuff around putting the roof on, OMG, boy scouts on camp gone wrong, they were absolutely drenched by the time they got the thing worked out, very NOT Porsche engineering!

7 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

I agree, followed one in the hands of a good driver in one of the Targa Tas  events, great bit of kit, but, then we got some rain. WOW, the stuff around putting the roof on, OMG, boy scouts on camp gone wrong, they were absolutely drenched by the time they got the thing worked out, very NOT Porsche engineering!

Ahh gosh - you young guys !!!! Didnt you ever have an early MGB ?? You could impress your girlfriend with your skill in erecting the soft top in the rain.

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

I nearly bought one once, but decided I wanted to have a Carrera first, so bought my 996. Don't know how much longer I can hold out...😁

The 718 one will be the juice. It’s the first one that is essentially a GT4 without a roof. The only problem being they aren’t limiting it in any way and are producing it for 3 years supposedly. Covid-19 might make them artificially rare though.

3 hours ago, consideringa911 said:

They were never going to be able to sell it for that advertised price. Unless a mug came along, was desperate for that power fix and did no checking whatsoever before parting with their money.

What's your outlaw look like, @Zelrik911?

Quick pic - now running a 3.6 from a 993. (signage & decals removed  as wife didn't like the Feral look)

387721286_911IROCtribute.thumb.jpg.62292938a4320029fdf01e2c059f43cf.jpg

9 hours ago, JWM said:

Loads of fun but not at that price. This is the same one that sold last year for $85k out of Melbourne, guys been trying to flip it for months now. The one to buy is the high km PDK for $80k. Grab it for $70k and enjoy guilt free.

43 minutes ago, Proud Member said:

On the subject of Richmonds has anyone had a good look at the garnet red 3.2 Hong Kong car? It seems fairly priced and tidy. 

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1986-porsche-911-carrera-coupe/

Saw it last weekend. Very nice car and a great colour. I might be able to get a look at it later today if I get a job done early enough, and if they accept walk ups. Last weekend it was by appointment only

39 minutes ago, Proud Member said:

On the subject of Richmonds has anyone had a good look at the garnet red 3.2 Hong Kong car? It seems fairly priced and tidy. 

been keeping an eye on that car looks to be in immaculate condition and priced very well .............great car 

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

Saw it last weekend. Very nice car and a great colour. I might be able to get a look at it later today if I get a job done early enough, and if they accept walk ups. Last weekend it was by appointment only

Do you not have the keys to that joint? Do they know who you are! 

5 hours ago, Proud Member said:

Yep seen it and is really nice . I really like that car seems very well looked after . Yes it is a import but factory RHD .