Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

7 minutes ago, NevB said:

Got a link for the 356 speedster?

No just saw it was mentioned in his ad for the 997.  There is a photo of the speedster sitting next to his 997 in the garage.  He says selling both as he has bought a GT 40.  Photos of that car as well in ad..

@NevBJust looked and found this which is the car in the 997 photo.  Also seems reasonably priced at $62000

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1956-porsche-356a-manual/SSE-AD-6618744/?Cr=2

6 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

No just saw it was mentioned in his ad for the 997.  There is a photo of the speedster sitting next to his 997 in the garage.  He says selling both as he has bought a GT 40.  Photos of that car as well in ad..

@NevBJust looked and found this which is the car in the 997 photo.  Also seems reasonably priced at $62000

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1956-porsche-356a-manual/SSE-AD-6618744/?Cr=2

Now indicated as sold pending payment.

17 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Thanks @Lucky Phil

Worth a visit just to see the GT40!

11 hours ago, DJM said:

Anyone else not up for buying cars via EBay and Gumtree.  Old Datsun, maybe but a Porsche.......🤔

I'm with you DJ.

I generally don't buy anything more than I need to on eBay. 

12 hours ago, DJM said:

Anyone else not up for buying cars via EBay and Gumtree.  Old Datsun, maybe but a Porsche.......🤔

7 hours ago, michel said:

Never say never 

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

I'm with you DJ.

I generally don't buy anything more than I need to on eBay. 

Dammit...

Now you guys made me go look.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-1972-Targa-2-4-mfi-LHD/124165816867?hash=item1ce8dc0223:g:bL8AAOSw5eRepBQf

This is so pretty.

There is something inherently dodgy about all dealings on gumtree. I couldn't see myself buying a car from there unless it was something very specific. There are a lot of pinball machines on gumtree (or there use to be, haven't been following) and it almost always ends up being painful if you want to buy one. I imagine cars are no different.

12 hours ago, sleazius said:

There is something inherently dodgy about all dealings on gumtree. I couldn't see myself buying a car from there unless it was something very specific. There are a lot of pinball machines on gumtree (or there use to be, haven't been following) and it almost always ends up being painful if you want to buy one. I imagine cars are no different.

Yeah I have been trying to buy Drop-A-Card foe some time now,never happened...dodgy sellers or just not interested in helping to pack/transport

Decent sellers operate on eBay and gumtree.  You’ve got to be able to read the warning signs you’re dealing with someone who is going to be difficult to deal with. Like anything it’s a signal/noise operation.