Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

12 minutes ago, JLD said:

I must admit I’m surprised Richmond’s has that in their stock. It looks like the kind of car that might end up biting them on the arse

Many a tuned race or custom car like this around at half the price , add registration availability and they are worth double .sometimes

I have seen good cars that I couldn’t find numbers on Supposedly have them found the afternoon after I looked .. they were under the layers of paint mate !!!  

I think In the early 90s there were a couple of shops in sydney that merged cars ... and If I were a gambling man I reckon I have seen some pure long hoods also with suspicious alignment of Stamps

Ohhh how quickly we forget what theses shitter cars were back then ... 10k 

I sold a G series 85 Aussie targa for 85 30k In 96, what would u have paid fir a hack and I nearly bought a tasty 930 for 50 

Buy it keep , get it registered interstate and leave it that way , even ask the dealer to do that for ya and get a discount 

21 minutes ago, symsy said:

Many a tuned race or custom car like this around at half the price , add registration availability and they are worth double .sometimes

I have seen good cars that I couldn’t find numbers on Supposedly have them found the afternoon after I looked .. they were under the layers of paint mate !!!  

I think In the early 90s there were a couple of shops in sydney that merged cars ... and If I were a gambling man I reckon I have seen some pure long hoods also with suspicious alignment of Stamps

Ohhh how quickly we forget what theses shitter cars were back then ... 10k 

I sold a G series 85 Aussie targa for 85 30k In 96, what would u have paid fir a hack and I nearly bought a tasty 930 for 50 

Buy it keep , get it registered interstate and leave it that way , even ask the dealer to do that for ya and get a discount 

Yeah I keep forgetting that! I wish those days were back

23 minutes ago, symsy said:

Hey it’s wasnt so long ago u couldn’t buy any 911 for under 45 now there’s cars at 25 or less .. u never know 😊

Where are the 25 or less cars????

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

No idea mate, sorry.

S'pose you'd find out if it needed a full rebuild once it was pulled down. 

I say this with no offence intended whatsoever, and you can do whatever you want with your own cash, yet when I've advised that 3 others have said its worth bugger all (one said its worth 40grand tops) due to its grey history (what that is I also have no firm information), and the potential to be a headache getting rego as Richmonds advise on their site, do you really want a potential $100,000 plus financial disaster? A full rebuild is probably $30grand.

Absolutely it is a very nice looking car that is batshit crazy fast, yet it is basically a G series car with a bodykit and a turbo engine...that needs work. 

All I advise is to be careful if you do go after it mate. I'd hate to see anyone drop a substantial amount of money on a lemon and regret it later.

Caveat emptor! 

Appreciate the note & and the advice! It's a shame, as it sounds like great fun. 

I shall keep hunting! Might make sense  for me to consider an import with the AUD$ where it is...

7 minutes ago, JLD said:

Where are the 25 or less cars????

Gumtree I looked at a g series cab last week advertised at 28k for someone. Couldn’t drive it but it was a 911 , with a motor 🤣oh snd metal car mats and a blue vinyl dash 

11 minutes ago, symsy said:

Gumtree I looked at a g series cab last week advertised at 28k for someone. Couldn’t drive it but it was a 911 , with a motor 🤣oh snd metal car mats and a blue vinyl dash 

Hawt!

2 hours ago, JLD said:

I must admit I’m surprised Richmond’s has that in their stock. It looks like the kind of car that might end up biting them on the arse

Given what they know about it and aren't telling people, it well could bite their arse! Apparently they got stuffed with it, sight unseen from a (use to be trusted...) regular buyer.

1 hour ago, consideringa911 said:

Given what they know about it and aren't telling people, it well could bite their arse! Apparently they got stuffed with it, sight unseen from a (use to be trusted...) regular buyer.

I won't be buying a car from them..

11 minutes ago, Grimmy said:

Good Grief 292000 kms and on the WOVR - whats this worth ? $20K??

Yeh, not much.

Will be a big loss for the insurer between the auction price and the payout they had to make.

On 03/06/2020 at 17:52, rafikdous said:

Another slant. This has been on for a while. Gumtree, eBay, etc

Was advertised for $45k. Seller dropped it to $25k this morning

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1984-BLACK-PORSCHE-911-SUPER-CARRERA-CABRIOLET-TURBO-WIDE-BODY-SPEEDLINE-WHEELS/274371471479?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

That ad hurt my brain.

Surprisingly, being yelled at in multi-color all caps didn't lure the buyers in?  No takers for a supercar (sic) minus engine and custom interior wiring?

6 hours ago, 911virgin said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-porsche-911-carrera-s-991-auto/SSE-AD-6698221/?Cr=7

lime gold metallic

was that a special order color- never seen it before

its nice

Was a std colour option on the 991.1 but never sold very well because in the flesh its probably one of the worst colours Porsche ever produced. You need to be retired and in your 70s to like this colour!

7 hours ago, 911virgin said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-porsche-911-carrera-s-991-auto/SSE-AD-6698221/?Cr=7

lime gold metallic

was that a special order color- never seen it before

its nice

Nice car for the right person.  For some reason I really like it.  The colour and the wood touches all add up to something I should not like but do.  The price is pretty good too for a 991.  Nice Sunday driver.

Oh no.  I just read WGA's comment above after posting that I like it.  But I only meet one of the 2 elements he stipulated, so don't know how I feel now.

21 minutes ago, rminc said:

Love everything about that car .

This one hit the market and was gone within a few days . Priced sharply at 65K

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1981-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-6694317/?Cr=12

26 minutes ago, Proud Member said:

Top Dollar for a top car. I notice it was deposit taken for a while then back on the market. 

Owned by Drew Arthur I believe , he’s on here somewhere and Fbook Classic Porsche Aus there’s some photos of work done in recent times