Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

6 hours ago, edgy said:

As much as I love Porsche, and the 959 is technical marvel of its era, it is ugly as sin! 

Having seen a few in person my opinion has mellowed somewhat, but the 959 is more about the innovation rather than it styling.

Reality if I had that $$$$$ I'd buy a Miura. Still IMO the most beautiful car ever built!

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

Having seen a few in person my opinion has mellowed somewhat, but the 959 is more about the innovation rather than it styling.

Reality if I had that $$$$$ I'd buy a Miura. Still IMO the most beautiful car ever built!

I think the Canepa 959 SC is the most palatable I’ve seen… still, for the $$$ and the era I’m F40 all way! 

11 hours ago, edgy said:

I would use aforementioned steak knives to gouge my own eyes out if that 959 was parked in my garage... As much as I love Porsche, and the 959 is technical marvel of its era, it is ugly as sin! 

Hooray, someone agrees with me! 😅👍

18 hours ago, Dalai said:

1 hour ago, Harsh said:

You need to see one in person to appreciate them. But the Muira is my dream car for looks. And the first matchbox car I ever owned

959, beauty and ugly both at the same time ..... Aaaah Muira, to own one would be a dream, what a car! Was one for sale at the melbourne expo around 2015. Lime green iirc and $750k and I seriously thought of doing it, hahha woulda coulda shoulda!  Would be well north of 2.5 mil now I would expect

My old 997.2 Carrera finally sold at Porschaden after 3.5 months! I still really miss this one, of course the 997.2 GTS in PTS Riveria Blue that I traded it for is on a different planet, but I know this is certainly not half the car for almost half the price! 

Matt held his price firm (online at least, but I am sure he dropped it slightly) as he knew it was a 9.5/10 condition wise and had Porsche warranty. Shows that in a slow market, good cars still sell eventually.

image.png.d32bed74d4ec575489f5ef8afda483f4.png

On 18/08/2023 at 05:31, MR901 said:

Thanks for the encouragement, most appreciated. I think it's a realistic price too....considering the rarity of RHD 996.1 GT3's plus race history the value will only go one way however I need to fund some reno's (I can hear the collective groan...ha ha) & unfortunately can't keep them all. Cheers, Matt

PRICE UPDATED $149,000

I had a very long ride in a Miura SV (one of the 2 Australian delivered ones owned by the pair of CTS founders) about 15 years ago.  My recollection is that it felt incredibly low (as in, you look UP at a 1960s Mini Cooper), the heat from the transmission tunnel was extraordinary however the noise.... well that was epic.

To look at, they are utterly gorgeous. To drive they are not as good as you'd hope, and to own, eye wateringly expensive. Would  probably not say no to one if I was given it, but after leaving it in the garage for a few months to just soak in the shape, would very happily sell it for a huge range of other cars instead.

4 hours ago, MR901 said:

I always regret selling (especially when it’s to fund Reno’s)…ha ha…yes, staying in Melbourne. I’m sure the buyer will make themselves known when they are ready….

Yes I know that feeling. 

ok, I’ll start….. Is it Male?….. No hair?……