Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

18 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Funny that I was looking at those Pommy things yesterday and this one sparked my interest.

Or are they a case of "the cheapest one you buy will be the most expensive one you own"?

1969 Jaguar E Type Manual (carsales.com.au)

Hard to say the blub sounds honest. Nice old girl.

2 hours ago, Shedpest said:

Funny that I was looking at those Pommy things yesterday and this one sparked my interest.

Or are they a case of "the cheapest one you buy will be the most expensive one you own"?

Been in one many years ago with the owner I helped push start it. I've never been so scared in my life on Sherrifs road, Morphett Vale at warp factor 6 and the thing moving all over the place like it was in a force 10 hurricane! Just the sound of a 12 cylinder on song is hard to beat! 

Knew a bloke who bought a heap of junk E Type, and after a couple of years he realised how much it was going to end up costing, so he sold it before his missus killed him 😅

I'd still love to own one like that satin black Low Drag replica thing that we see here now n then. That thing is just stunning

Sounds not to bad. Most likely English private import. If numbers are matching and you got a solid history and invoicing , you are on the right track. The 4.2 l was the least collectable. The money sounds about right. Most advertising is overpriced and does not reflect marketable. My biggest concern would be the body, look for rust , big , signs of repair. If you think you want to buy , let Mike roddy check her out.

On 19/07/2024 at 06:38, Shedpest said:

1969 Jaguar E Type Manual (carsales.com.au)

A work colleague turned up in a series 2, 6 cyl convertible. I took it for a drive thinking it would be terrible. I was amazed how well it drove - fabulous thing. One of those “now I get it” moments. 

46 minutes ago, drmurugti said:

Interesting price, it got to 95k at auction, it seems like a good weekend car!

123000 in the add and 149000 in the blurb.

1 hour ago, tomo said:

123000 in the add and 149000 in the blurb.

Yeah it started there (maybe even more, I can’t remember). Been for sale at that dealer for a long time, they also had it on Carsales before trying CC. 

5 hours ago, drmurugti said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1995-porsche-911-carrera-993-manual/OAG-AD-23524906/?Cr=0&variant=3eb7a27

I saw this car at my PPF shop yesterday. Very very nice aussie delivery C2. I thought it was well priced compared to recent sales; now if i only had space haha.

Great value for the money