Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Once I would have told you to get off the Kool Aide. 

Now nothing would surprise me, but seriously, is it really worth that sort of dollar?

Worth and getting are two completly different things ......

Are they worth that ..... no.

Would one sell for that ...... in todays market, ..... yep.

I hear what you are saying but if it sells for 'that' doesn't it then make it worth 'that'? <_<

I think you are trying to bamboozle me with technicalities .....

You are absolutely correct in what you are saying, but "worth" is a very broad term .... just because I pay $150k for a car, that doesn't mean I'm going to be able to resell it for the same price or more .... if the majority of others don't see the same value as what I paid, then it will sell for less and be "worth" that amount.

So, to me it's worth $150k, but that might not be the actual value of the car / item .... there is no law that says I can't over pay for something, but the law of averages / commonsense / budgets etc, will determine how much I can sell it for.

The tulip was itself a conspirator in the supply-squeeze that fueled the speculation, in that it is grown from a bulb that cannot be produced quickly. Normally it takes 7–12 years to grow a flowering bulb from seed; bulbs can produce both seeds and two or three bud clones, or offsets, annually, but the "mother bulb" lasts only a few years. Properly cultivated, the "daughter offsets" will become flowering bulbs after one to three years. Before the demand for the "broken" tulips, virus-free bulbs producing ordinary single-color varieties were sold by the pound. Once affected by the virus, the "broken" exotics were an extremely limited commodity because the sought-after "breaking pattern" can only be reproduced through offsets, not seeds, as only the bulb is affected by the mosaic virus. Unfortunately, the virus that produced the sought-after effects also acted adversely on the bulb, weakening it and retarding propagation of offsets, so cultivating the most appealing varieties now took even longer. Taking this into account, quite probably from the time the speculation started until its collapse, the number of rare bulbs that changed hands so feverishly never increased beyond the original number.

By 1636 the tulip bulb became the fourth leading export product of the Netherlands, after gin, herring and cheese. The price of tulips skyrocketed because of speculation in tulip futures among people who never saw the bulbs. Many men made and lost fortunes overnight.

Tulip mania reached its peak during the winter of 1636–37, when some bulbs were reportedly changing hands ten times in a day. No deliveries were ever made to fulfil any of these contracts, because in February 1637, tulip bulb contract prices collapsed abruptly and the trade of tulips ground to a halt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Tulipomania.gif

Hmmm, limited supply, exotic colours and rarity fetching the most, fortunes being made and lost?  Where have I heard this story before?

Anyone care to pick where on the above graph a bright green 964 C4 for $150k sits?  I'd certainly like to know how long before the music stops.

Are we really still having these conversations? Porsche's have gone up in value. Get over it. It's like listening to tony Abbott talk about climate change :)

personally I blame Singer. Ruining all those lovely 964's so creating a ww shortage

Singer enhanced, but RWB ruined, rooted ,shagged, stuffed , buggered his fair share

Judging by the way my 930 burns through fuel. 80litre tank....300kms of hard driving at best -  I clearly am taking no personal responsibility. Maybe Tony's right. Lets pretend its not happening

How soon will peak oil render a/c Porkers static display units.  Whole nuther thread.  Can we get up really early and plot 'worth' vs Singapore crude spot price and extrapolate potential 'exit' (for sale) date, allowing max ROI? 

Or just frickin drive 'em?

Edited by KGB

How soon will peak oil render a/c Porkers static display units.  Whole nuther thread.  Can we get up really early and plot 'worth' vs Singapore crude spot price and extrapolate potential 'exit' (for sale) date, allowing max ROI? 

Or just frickin drive 'em?

$100's of fun. easy choice