Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'm thinking that's the car, started down here in Vic and has obviously ended up in NSW. 

missed my date with elsporto to go see the car due to crappy work commitments, but already sold apparently. Proves that you can build a car and make money I guess (unless it's a ZAG for some reason)

When I first began looking for an AC 911 a couple of years ago, I was being told stay away from 2.7s, why would you want an SC, etc, etc. How times have changed.

In other news, so many SC's to choose form now and at "more reasonable" prices (given it is December 2015):

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1978/SSE-AD-3727706/?Cr=20 - $78,000

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1978/SSE-AD-3710422/?Cr=19 - $75,000

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-3734963/?Cr=22 - $74,750

Last one looks the best but it is a LHD conversion.

obligatory remark : you can have mine for 70k all day long

ugh dream car, any hope of ever owning one of these is done and dusted. What a waste for it not being driven.

I would have expected it to be a 4.0 for that price. Good luck to the seller "not negotiable".

ugh dream car, any hope of ever owning one of these is done and dusted. What a waste for it not being driven.

I would have expected it to be a 4.0 for that price. Good luck to the seller "not negotiable".

I'm told by a reputable source that RS 4.0 is now trading at over $800k 

$600k for 3.8 is high yes, but lines up with 4.0 prices now

I'm told by a reputable source that RS 4.0 is now trading at over $800k 

$600k for 3.8 is high yes, but lines up with 4.0 prices now

Good lord, I guess it make sense that the cream of the crop would have risen if the scraps are also trending upwards (i.e. the lowly 996 :p). I just can't fathom that 3.8s have almost doubled in a year.

I think he will get 600k!

But only since I am biased.. :D

Good luck with the sale and you'll have to keep us updated ?

Edited by spiller

Seriously does anyone else think this is nuts? $598,000, you can buy a new 991 for half the price that is quicker, better equiped, faster, better to drive etc etc. I get the air cooled heritage genuine rare historic value argument & I would love a 993 turbo, but this is a modern car (2010) recently surpassed by its own manufacturer who states the modern Porsche is the best car they have ever produced. If you've got $598,000 you don't know what to do with give me a call & I can sell you some real estate on the moon!

Oh, & by the way, where do you drive a $598K car without worrying about stone chips, door damage etc. these cars are meant to be driven, if you want an investment buy a Picasso!!! Leave the good cars to us who want them to be driven, that's what they are cars, end of rant.

Edited by GC9911