Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

been testing them for a few years now mate. I know you're pretty old but they still might make it in your life time, unless you are planning on going out like a rockstar sometime soon ;) 

with regards electric cars - see at least half a douzen Tesla's on my way to work at the moment but I am 'city folk.'

After the 4.5 litre bottle of Chivas I got for my 50th yesterday, and being a muso, I'll try and live the rockstar lifestyle for the coming weeks ahead! 

I stay as far away from the city as I can mate, and Adelaide being Adelaide with being as boring as batshit, I'm sure there are some electric cars driven around there.  How much fossil fuelled energy does it take to build an electric car and its batteries? Great for the planet when its proved to be more than it costs to build a standard car and running it for a few years. A hybrid makes sense with both electric and fossil fuelled engines aboard, yet an all electric does not if you want to drive further than 200 or 300km's. If owning a car like that makes people happy, good for them, I'll just never own one.

They trialled a driverless car here a few weeks ago which was just an expensive publicity stunt by our government. It's a pipe dream by a bunch of nerds (as clever as they might be) many years ago, and it hasnt happened yet, nor will it be implemented on public roads. 

I wonder if you can still get done for DUI in a driverless car ?;)    People have been prosecuted for DUI on a horse

What will happen to traffic Police,B) Or if you are in the bank Robbing trade What about the getaway car :D    More police available to stop this sort of thing

will there still be a drive in the country, How do you go Cruzin:)    Everyone can look at the scenery

I dare say the new "Outlaw" will have his/her fuel burner in the shed.     Always

After the 4.5 litre bottle of Chivas I got for my 50th yesterday, and being a muso, I'll try and live the rockstar lifestyle for the coming weeks ahead! 

:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I stay as far away from the city as I can mate, and Adelaide being Adelaide with being as boring as batshit, I'm sure there are some electric cars driven around there.  How much fossil fuelled energy does it take to build an electric car and its batteries? Great for the planet when its proved to be more than it costs to build a standard car and running it for a few years. A hybrid makes sense with both electric and fossil fuelled engines aboard, yet an all electric does not if you want to drive further than 200 or 300km's. If owning a car like that makes people happy, good for them, I'll just never own one.

They are getting better, just like the T model Ford.  New car with 900HP running salt water batteries

They trialled a driverless car here a few weeks ago which was just an expensive publicity stunt by our government. It's a pipe dream by a bunch of nerds (as clever as they might be) many years ago, and it hasnt happened yet, nor will it be implemented on public roads. 

I think they were "teaching" it to recognise our wildlife.

A few years ago the S.A gov't wanted to test an Indian built electric car, but the Federal Gov't would not allow it on the road until they had carried out crash tests, so, it didn't go ahead.  W.A offered to test the car in their state but the same thing happened.

The horse pulling the cart is quite a logical arrangement.

Ferrari 250 GTO (gran turismo omologato) which Enzo managed to homologate as a continued development of the 250SWB without having to meet FIA production quotas. The 250 GTO of 1962 embarked on to win sports cars manufacturers titles for Scuderia and Tour de France races in 62, 63 and 64. The engine, a 3.0 litre Colombo aluminium small block, with such goodies as magnesium alloy cam covers, and twin cam shafts feeded through 6 twin throat Webers revved in race tune up to 9000 rpm, and screamed out close to 400 lovely horses. The car was a homologation scam, but still managed to destroy its class opposition with front engine and rigid rear axle assembly (this time for homlogation purposes only). On complaints from designers and drivers Enzo just waved of his hand while mumbling..."The horse doesn’t push the cart, it pulls it". 

Modern GT class is populated by similar vehicles 

for:

speeding fines, Highway Patrol, RBT/drug tests, DUI, reckless driving, fatigue related accidents, Gov't revenue (but I am sure they will compensate themselves), drivers licences, panel beaters, car racing, car theives, burn outs (skids to you youngens)….the list goes on.

Imagine the early 70's with driverless panel vans……… ;)

Too much revenue lost to do away with us driving and messing up - a billion dollars worth of income/revenue for the above "industries' per annum thanks to us handing over our hard earned.....

Too much revenue lost to do away with us driving and messing up - a billion dollars worth of income/revenue for the above "industries' per annum thanks to us handing over our hard earned.....

need to tot up the costs on the other side of the ledger 

"I really want to sell my 991 ttS for $429,000 but I - "

a - couldn't be fucked to take it out of the parking lot when I took the photos

b - Its my neighbours car, I will take any offers

c - I have lost the keys

d - my wife parked me in 8 months ago and i figure if you buy it you can get it out. 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2014/SSE-AD-3752877/?Cr=3

cp4633753288022431783_zpspweq7iwy.jpg

^^^^^hahaha...I know the owner of this car and the answer is definitely (a).  I sent him a screenshot of your post and told him he better get serious about his advert if he wants to offload his car. Do you want to know what his response to your post was?

"tell him to go and get ........"  

^^^^^hahaha...I know the owner of this car and the answer is definitely (a).  I sent him a screenshot of your post and told him he better get serious about his advert if he wants to offload his car. Do you want to know what his response to your post was?

go on then.

i recon I would have got more responces than his ad though ;) 

"I really want to sell my 991 ttS for $429,000 but I - "

a - couldn't be fucked to take it out of the parking lot when I took the photos

b - Its my neighbours car, I will take any offers

c - I have lost the keys

d - my wife parked me in 8 months ago and i figure if you buy it you can get it out. 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2014/SSE-AD-3752877/?Cr=3

cp4633753288022431783_zpspweq7iwy.jpg

look no filters...

has he backdated to 996 head lights ??

5451CF87-9543-44A5-93A8-77007FAA810B_zps

Edited by turboT

been testing them for a few years now mate. I know you're pretty old but they still might make it in your life time, unless you are planning on going out like a rockstar sometime soon ;) 

with regards electric cars - see at least half a douzen Tesla's on my way to work at the moment but I am 'city folk.'

self driving cars from Google, Benz and a couple of other startups are already driving around in normal traffic in several states.

Electric cars are thick in many places where rich folk live.  Tesla in the U.S. has jump started it with their network of fast charging stations.

The next step is high levels of driver assistance where the car does the driving in specific situations like on the highway and parking.  This tech is only a few years away.

the combination of electric cars and driverless will blow a gigantic hole in government revenues with the loss of fuel taxes and driving fines.  Of course they will make up for it by taxing the bejesus out of cars at purchase/registration time.  

The future of petrol powered cars is quite bright.  Even if driverless cars become popular, self driving will be around for a long, long time.  The issue, as correctly identified is lack of interest from upcoming generations.

The future of petrol powered cars is quite bright.  Even if driverless cars become popular, self driving will be around for a long, long time.  The issue, as correctly identified is lack of interest from upcoming generations.

Plenty of rumour that diesel is on its way out. Cars can't meet ever tightening euro fleet emissions figures without :"software tweaks"...

Plus with the petrol glut (Saudis in real trouble as well) , now is the time to buy a 10 year old future classic V8 Merc or similar.

I think there will always be an interest in driving in future generations, at least for some. I know my wife would happily have a self driving car, and to be honest so would I for long boring commutes. But I always want to be able to take the reins when the mood takes me. 

As a firie, I see plenty of people who should never be allowed to drive. Case and point, a young girl who we responded to yesterday drove into the brick pillar between her garage doors at her house and brought the garage down on top of her.