Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2005 996 Turbo S with 13,550 klms for $140K

IF 996tt's are ever going to be worth anything this is the one to have if  the difference between an S and non-S in a 993 is to go by.

@smit2100 Not sure if you have any data/vibes on these trading hands...last I recall was the white one about 18 months - 2 years ago....

If I were shopping I'd be seriously looking at this car.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3917650?WT.seg_4

cp5230928322485801247.jpg?aspect=FitWith

These are pretty rare from what I understand - I came across a UK Cab Import a few months ago.    How many Aus cars exist in Turbo and Turbo S form ?

These are pretty rare from what I understand - I came across a UK Cab Import a few months ago.    How many Aus cars exist in Turbo and Turbo S form ?

996 TURBO S' are rare cars. 

993 turbo S' where fetching $500k+ last year (at least two sold). 

anyone looking for a watercooled investment should have a good look, although get some original wheels

One of the school dads had a 996 TTS for a short time and he reckoned the bigger turbos made it laggier and not as nice to drive as a TT.   Just one opinion of course but if true it might explain why TTS have not pulled away from TT in value?  993 Turbo S by contrast is highly sought after.

2005 996 Turbo S with 13,550 klms for $140K

IF 996tt's are ever going to be worth anything this is the one to have if  the difference between an S and non-S in a 993 is to go by.

@smit2100 Not sure if you have any data/vibes on these trading hands...last I recall was the white one about 18 months - 2 years ago....

If I were shopping I'd be seriously looking at this car.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3917650?WT.seg_4

cp5230928322485801247.jpg?aspect=FitWith

Yes  You recall correctly, in FY2014 a white one heavily modified (kit, expensive rims etc, looked well done and well setup) that also had  a lot of stock parts to go with it as I recall was advertised for 125k and sold (don't think it was at that price because it did not go quickly as I would of expected).  With the benefit of hindsight, best value for money car in a 996 turbo guise I have come across in two years, (but s$%^  996 gt3's advertised on Porsche club Victoria site for 5 figures as well and WTB ads at 80k  budgets for a 996gt3 were  also posted around the same time)

In Nov 2015,  I was running the ruler over a black 996 tt S with the boxter red interior (salmon) that was a Queensland car (had some decent track times at Queensland raceway based  on some forensic doogling and I think the owner moved to Melbourne in later half of fy2015.  It had 22k on the odometer (advertised version was stock and very clean, (not sure if it was like that when it got some pretty good track times ) and the owner was looking to offload for to pick up a 996GT3 and it was advertised 137,500.       At the same time I was procrastinating on the 997.1 turbo seal grey with PCCB's  with 76k on the clock for 143,500 and forget about getting a  996tt to modify

Was leaning to the the 996TT S (only made in 2005 and not a lot of them globally and Mrs like the boxter red interior ) , had priced in the Suncoast prosche PCCB to steel brake kit and bubble wrap the PCCB disks and yes the K24's are laggy (also not keen on boost on coming in over 3500 to 4000rpms) with power curve to the right of the K16's (same turbo's as the X50 upgrade) and had priced in some K24 billets (USD 4.5k to bring the the power curve back to the left but more, a tune (upgraded turbo's definitely on paper are certain rod breakers if not tuned conservatively) and 997gt2rs intercoolers (would stop right their on mods) to get  turbo's spooling earlier way down the track when I would of got bored with it would be in order. Phoned the guy (don't leave messages with an oversees number, no one returns the call) didn't get through and it sold within a day or two of me trying to make the first call (It didn't sell at  the advertised price of 137.5k straight away). I was willing to depart with 130k to secure and turn a blind eye to over revs count figures.  I valued it as the best condition stock 996 tt looks wise based on photo's with the lowest genuine km's (collector condition) I had seen online  = 110k plus 20k for the S badge and PPCB discs brakes that would of collected dust on bottom shelve of my garage.   I would pay a 13Xk number for  the one advertised (would what stock rims (sporttech version as I recall) given where 997.1TT's appear to be, and all the other stuff in terms of 996tt advertised needs to drop considerably. Eg I think a 996TT S in terms of value sits between an immaculate 996tt with super low km's and your cheapest average conditioned  997.1 tt

I think the 996TT S cab at 160k (for sale for donkeys and changed dealers , i.e (from Wangarratta Motors (cashed up farmers trading in P's for Merc's  and then to Lorbek I recall.  Not surprised it didn't sell at that price given up in the 997.1tt buy range (have it on pretty good authority after putting in an offer on the 997.1tt that the Wangarra dealer had trouble offloading (at 180k advertised ) that ended up at  RSR (still scratching my head why the salesman ditched the 19" stock rims for Fuch's in an attempt to move it, but each to their own.

Edited by smit2100

Sure you guys know about these already, but my fave around are

1953 Porsche 356 - No price listed as per usual: http://duttongarage.com/Porsche-356-Pre-A-Reutter-1500-Super-Cabriolet~10965

1976 Porsche 911 2.7 - $70k: http://duttongarage.com/Porsche-911-2-7~10397

Wish more cars came in this colour - 

10399?m=max&w=1280&h=1280

That craps all over the one here in Brisbane two weeks ago for 70k that magically jumped to 85k overnight (though with 3ltr).  From the pictures anyway.

How much is Duttons tax on average..?

Edited by WOKA

got some turbo S production numbers incase anyone is interested

964 turboS - 81

993 turboS - 345

996 turboS - 1563

997 turboS - 2000

its notoriously hard to work out how many of the above where RHD but due to the size of the Euro (non UK), Japanese (they don't like RHD P-Cars) and of course the US, a guess would be 10-15% of production numbers, so a wild estimate of turboS's in RHD

964 turboS - 12

993 turboS - 50

996 turboS - 235

997 turboS - 300

a couple of grand on new interior trim and good to go I think.

cp5145642709857125355.jpg?aspect=FitWith

you get a stainless targa bar, opening quarter windows and less 

...federalisation, including less pollution stuff and proper rear bumpers.   

Seems like good value to me, I think early impact bumper cars are good value at the moment.   Consider if this was a 73 targa...

That craps all over the one here in Brisbane two weeks ago for 70k that magically jumped to 85k overnight (though with 3ltr).  From the pictures anyway.

How much is Duttons tax on average..?

very much agreed.  Though this car seems to have an odd stance?  Seems low in the front.

Well , I'm sorry to hear that familiar tale again. But the new owner may find some $ surprises. Rust under windscreen ain't good. So lads , what's the market value of a somewhat rough UK import targa now? 50?

given the owners behaviour and the tops of the UK rust iceberg clearly visible above the water, I'd say the owners did you a favour by telling you to change course.  Under the windscreen and at the rear means the never-sleeping rust has been busy busy busy.

the 74 above looks like a better proposition, even with no 3.2.  You could redo the entire interior for just the quote on the rust strip and inspect.

very much agreed.  Though this car seems to have an odd stance?  Seems low in the front.

Air shocks in the rear..  ;)

-------

What the deal on this Kingsgrove 1979 Porsche 911 SC Manual

Considering I can see that THIS one has been mentioned on the forum as far back as November and hasn't sold yet..  Where is the value at with mid to late 70's 911's..?

Still looking..  ;)

Air shocks in the rear..  ;)

-------

What the deal on this Kingsgrove 1979 Porsche 911 SC Manual

Considering I can see that THIS one has been mentioned on the forum as far back as November and hasn't sold yet..  Where is the value at with mid to late 70's 911's..?

Still looking..  ;)

I don't know what is wrong with it per say ..... but I can tell you that the speedo has been changed and that one is from a 930 .... so who knows how many k's it has really done.

Also doesn't say if it's matching numbers ....

Well, sellers are saying that a 70s 911, in original condition, and oz delivery is about 70k

buyers don't seem to agree given they hang about.  But drop the price on these two to 50k and they would sell overnight.

good condition imports seem to be 50-60k in price

these actually seem to move more often, but it's hard to say.

condition trumps everything, in the end.

anything below 50k is converted, modified or in need of work.  Not sure if they are selling or not.

meanwhile, tidy 996 c4s cars can be had for 45-50k 

If this one has sold for even anywhere near asking, surely it would have to be some sort of record for a converted SC with lots of the LHD parts left on it ....

Oh .... and the advert says 204 hp but can't be .... must be the 180 hp version.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-3869675/?Cr=100

If this one has sold for even anywhere near asking, surely it would have to be some sort of record for a converted SC with lots of the LHD parts left on it ....

Oh .... and the advert says 204 hp but can't be .... must be the 180 hp version.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-3869675/?Cr=100

possible to get it back to 204hp with a rebuilt engine I guess.

if you can get $100k for a converted us sc then I'm going to start shopping for a set of 930 guards!