Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Really appreciate your feedback @edgy 

I have considered both and the fact of original motor along with a brake booster (yep - small kahoonas) swayed me to the silver one 

Cheers PK

Your welcome to come & have a look at my 76 turbo...

That's a great price - maybe I need 2 of the same car...!

http://tinyurl.com/god6dha

Jim.

For those keeping an eye on the market...

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Manual MY02

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Manual MY02

icon-dot.gifBlack
icon-dot.gif146,000km
icon-dot.gif6cyl 3.6L Manual
icon-dot.gifCoupe

This MY02 911 996 coupe is in the sought after Black on Black combination with six speed manual. Thi... 

$44,000*

Private: Used

NSW

72E 2.4 - UK delivered car.  Steel ST guards added + a few interior mods. This was going to be my next purchase for sure, but seller wanted too much and I have since blown all funds on another dodgy import.

advertised on 901 I believe - now asking $230k.  Owned by Phil from 901 - nice guy

95E25347-FE59-413A-9360-501F6C5E276A_zps

peak of $135K and a trough of $110K in the same day.

it doesn't like it's had a "nut and bolt restoration" if you look at the photos, particularly frunk.  ( Surely he could afford to replace the cover over the bonnet latch?)

Maybe I just don't understand what "restoration" means?

Maybe that's why it's still for sale as I'm not the only one?

Calling it an RS recreation has to be the wank of the week.

I think he would get better results if he took the time to accurately describe what it is and list what has been done to it rather than this imagineering BS.  On the basis of accuracy he would then have credibility to sell what appears to be a good car with an interesting history.

Edited by Peter M

Is anything selling on Carsales?

If I was starting out or had a bigger garage with a more understanding wife, this one would probably take my money:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1989/SSE-AD-4017823/?Cr=92

?Cr=92

spent a long time on the phone with the owner before I purchased mine.  Has an immaculate interior.  Needs a few thing tidied up.  Rocker gasket leak,  dent pulled and possibly painted in rear quarter panel/bumper etc.  Has recently spent about $9k on engine, brakes, radiator etc.  I moved on as owner was in Thailand, car was in Adelaide and I am in Perth.  Lee generously offered to check it out for me.

I found this gem of a claim quite amusing - so much so it got me wondering if we needed a separate thread just for all the "Truth in Advertising" we have to wade through!

The Mk2 Carrera is the only Porsche model to share the aggressive 911 Turbo headlights from the same era. A point of difference over time that will likely see the value of this model increase in value.

Original ad

But are they selling for that price Adam or just hanging around like the air cools?

That is the unknown Peter, true of all card adds too, but I still need to up my insurance value :) They all seem to be copying each other's pricing......

About time you put one into your fleet ;)

Edited by ANF